Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread - Part 2

michael bay stole shots from The Island for the car chase......LITERALLY! o_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kcqB3thJM&feature=player_embedded

i mean really?...i know it wasnt a matter of them being over budget.. im sure it was more of michael saying "hey wouldnt it be cool if we used those cool shots from the island?"

i find that so trashy when movies do that.. thats a straight to dvd move

He just wanted people to finally see those cool shots. It's not like he took shots from Bad Boys 2 or Armageddon.

i mean really?...i know it wasnt a matter of them being over budget.. im sure it was more of michael saying "hey wouldnt it be cool if we used those cool shots from the island?"

you know why he did that wasn't due to laziness or being over budget... the stunt he re-used was to cover the fact that they'd not been able to complete the chase filming due to the accident that nearly killed an extra

He just wanted people to finally see those cool shots. It's not like he took shots from Bad Boys 2 or Armageddon.
Haha exactly. I mean, nobody saw The Island.

i think in that scene that they filmed, a big crash happened and a girl wanted to sue the studio. so i think because of that they couldnt use the original footage and then just used it from the Island.

i think in that scene that they filmed, a big crash happened and a girl wanted to sue the studio. so i think because of that they couldnt use the original footage and then just used it from the Island.

The crash is the semi-official reason for the re-use of the footage AFAIK

I thought this should be shared.

Transformers 3: Master Class Trailer
[YT]xTWZhu3BugQ[/YT]​

I thought this should be shared.

Transformers 3: Master Class Trailer
[YT]xTWZhu3BugQ[/YT]​

I want to slap whoever made this. Talk about being pretentious and juvenile at the same time, just like Micheal Bay. There are far better action movies. The classic Die Hard, Rambo and even the Mission Impossible and Fast & the Furious movies are much better than Bay's nonsense!

You know what the problem is? Bay can't decide whether he's making a serious alien invasion movie or a cheap college comedy! I mean he prefers humans fighting giant grey things over Autobots Vs. Decepticons.

I'm pretty sure that whole video was an attempt at sarcasm.

I want to slap whoever made this. Talk about being pretentious and juvenile at the same time, just like Micheal Bay. There are far better action movies. The classic Die Hard, Rambo and even the Mission Impossible and Fast & the Furious movies are much better than Bay's nonsense!

You know what the problem is? Bay can't decide whether he's making a serious alien invasion movie or a cheap college comedy! I mean he prefers humans fighting giant grey things over Autobots Vs. Decepticons.

some might call that a problem, some might call that the recipe.

Fail
but not really

success

oh if only he could decide, maybe he'd actually be able to find an audience, and not be in the air bender/green lantern situation.

http://www.awn.com/articles/3d/colossal-transformers-sequel/page/2,1

Colossus was the most complex asset that ILM has made to date, breaking the previous record by more than 2.5 times. Due to the enormous complexity only a few artists were able to load Colossus and the skyscraper on their machinesAs ILM added more detail and complexity to shots, the most powerful desktop machines it had were barely able to load the data. For those that could, they sometimes waited close to 60-minutes for the files to load, before they could start working.

:awesome::up:

I wonder how many more Autobot/Decepticon scenes we could have gotten, had they left that whole skyscraper bit, that honestly was dragging on too long, out.

Colossus was the most complex asset that ILM has made to date, breaking the previous record by more than 2.5 times. Due to the enormous complexity only a few artists were able to load Colossus and the skyscraper on their machinesAs ILM added more detail and complexity to shots, the most powerful desktop machines it had were barely able to load the data. For those that could, they sometimes waited close to 60-minutes for the files to load, before they could start working.

60 minute load times
it's like we're back in the 90's again lol.

When's the last time they had to dedicate their entire render farm to a show? No wonder it feels like they haven't been present this summer in any significant way.

You know ILM instead of overclocking your GPU's to run the movie equivalent of Crysis you should have been more conservative and optimized the movie for your computers. I'm serious. All the robots and sequences are unnecessarily complicated with a billion different part. AAA+++ for effort but a lot of times it goes to waste because you can't make anything out.

Bay and Paramout hired ILM to do complicated looking robots. its not ILM who decided them to look like that. and ILM is always doing 100% optimizations. Digital Domain ,SOny and Double Negative wouldnt be able to render out all those scenes in 2 years.

I think he was originally going to be Ultra Magnus and they changed it because Magnus betraying the Autobots would really piss people off.

Bay and Paramout hired ILM to do complicated looking robots. its not ILM who decided them to look like that. and ILM is always doing 100% optimizations. Digital Domain ,SOny and Double Negative wouldnt be able to render out all those scenes in 2 years.

I wonder what part Scott Farrar and all the talented as hell designers/modelers over at the effects houses have in the way these constructs look. I'd have to imagine they are happy/proud of their work. I wonder what part hasbro has in the way these constructs look, I mean they've gotta have some sort of say. It's like asking how much part does Fiege and Marvel have in the way Cap looks...

Unless this is a thesis film, I have a hard time believe bay designed those robots. That being said I can easily see a new director changing the look, granted he's not a hired gun(ala louis leterrier) at this point in the game.

Ultra Magnus is Sentinel Prime or do you think that first they wanted to use Ultra Magnus in the movie ?

http://www.joshnizzi.com/TF3.htm

I think this is a beautiful piece of design work, sadly it baring the then name transformers probably means it would end garnering no such acclaim.
too busy.

it's rumoured that originally Sentinal was to be called Mangus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"