Comics Transformers comics

^Do you like them enough to recommend a purchase?

Its hard for me to recommend them to you with out knowing you very well....I dont know much about your taste in reading.

I know I would recommend them to one of my friends but not the other.....one prefers the G1 toon while the other the G1 comic.

I can tell you this....the book introduces the idea of non sexual TF reproduction....and in the end both sides join forces to deal with a common threat.

If that peeks your interest then by all means pick up the books.

I liked the G2 run....even with some of the quirkie ideas.

G2 was cool .... Some interesting ideas were played with and the whole War World/Swarm finale was epic.

Mind you the art was mostly a disaster with only Senior saving the day in parts.

There are some excellent titles, particularly in G1 which I grew up with as a kid ........ in fact I bought a CD last year which has every single Transformers comic and annual scanned in as TIFFs, I've been re-reading them every since :D

Okay I was a die hard lover of Dreamwaves ruglar run of Transformers.

Once IDW acquired the titles, came out with theirs and i saw they involved some stupid kids, and didn't continue the awesome stories, i gave up.

Im a firm believer that humans should be in the way, not an integral part of the story. So should do you guys have any recommendations?

The kids have mostly been sidelined now, the only humans that have been seen recently are those of the Machination. It's purely TF stories now so you can return to the main series. All Hail Megatron is a good start as well as Maximum Dinobots. Plus the Spotlight's are still great.

Its hard for me to recommend them to you with out knowing you very well....I dont know much about your taste in reading.

I know I would recommend them to one of my friends but not the other.....one prefers the G1 toon while the other the G1 comic.

I can tell you this....the book introduces the idea of non sexual TF reproduction....and in the end both sides join forces to deal with a common threat.

If that peeks your interest then by all means pick up the books.

Thanks for the info, i'll have a think about getting them.

The kids have mostly been sidelined now, the only humans that have been seen recently are those of the Machination. It's purely TF stories now so you can return to the main series. All Hail Megatron is a good start as well as Maximum Dinobots. Plus the Spotlight's are still great.

Does Maximum Dinobots follow AHM Avangarde?

Other way around, Dinobots fills the gap between Revelations and All Hail Megatron. It helps if you have read Spotlight Shockwave and Spotlight Grimlock.

^I have all of the Spotlights, so Maximum Dinobots is set BEFORE AHM? Does it effect the story of AHM at all?

God this is confusing :cwink:.

Okay, please tell me there is some more to the story after 'Revelations' as I just found the whole end of the affair to be a little abrupt.

Nova Prime and Galvatron were hyped up all series but turned out a little meak, I thought Sixshot would have a more important part in the story also, didnt he put some fight to Nova Prime and Jhiaxus? And there was no resolution with Sunstreaker, Scorponok or Hunter. Please tell me there is more to the story someone?

Loved the series as a whole, just expected and more drawn out ending, is Hardhead out for the count now as well? Arcee was awesome in the series also, as was Ultra Magnus.

i have the beginning of that new IDW series, but after E.J. quit drawing i quit reading, the artwork what crap compared to his, is it worth picking up again?

^To be honest I thought the whole storyline was fantastic, and well worth reading. I just hope All Hail Megatron is as good as it.

Is the All Hail Megatron series over?

I'm going to order some spotlight issues soon.

Is the All Hail Megatron series over?

I'm going to order some spotlight issues soon.

^Do you know if there are any more TPB's between Revelations and All Hail Megatron Avangarde? Loved the ending of the Nova Prime story, but it all seemed to end a bit too quickly for me. It didnt explain what happened with Huner and Sunstreaker at all. Does AHM do this?

Maximum Dinobots is set between Revelations and AHM, I can't really say much more on Hunter and Sunstreaker but the Machination story arc continues.

^Oh right thanks, so I guess reading AHM before MD is a no no then?

Actually I read AHM before MD, there isn't any reference between the two to make them feel out of order, all MD is is a glorified Spotlight.

^Interesting, so is the Hunter and Sunstreaker stuff never resolved? Thats a bit crap as they didnt exactly give any closure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"