Transformers comics

Discussion in 'Cybertron' started by nite-owl, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

After Devastation, it kinda fills in the gaps with Spotlights that ran during the main story.

2. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Finally, finally, FINALLY got my hands on Escalation, cant wait to read the whole saga now.

3. deathshead2 Registered

Thanks place after the first 3 minis and ends the whole saga that started with the first issue. Maximum dionbots happens during mini 3 I think or shortly after all the autobots leave for space. All Hail Megatron takes place a year after the events of Revelations, I think.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

So Revelations is after all of the Spotlights but before All Hail Megatron?

5. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

This is a little old now but IDW has started to rerelease Dreamwave's More Than Meets The Eye in TPB. I've already been through the Dreamwave version so nothing new, however some of you that are only new to the TF Comic world or collecting all the IDW might like to take a look. Volume 1 is out, and volume 2 isn't to far away.

6. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Furman Blog update:

7. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

For those interested, IDW is doing a reprint of Escalation TPB (second printing) and Stormbringer TPB (forth printing), just incase some people have had trouble getting a hold of them. Here is a rough release guide for the next month.

Transformers Releases
    Estimated in-store dates:

December 17
    Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel Alliance #1

December 24 (or thereabouts)
    Animated Vol. 6 TPB

December 31 (or thereabouts)
    All Hail Megatron #6

January 7
    Maximum Dinobots #2
    Saga of the Allspark TPB
    Escalation TPB
    Stormbringer TPB

January 14
    Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel Alliance #2
    Armada Vol. 2 TPB

January 21
    Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel Defiance #1

Plus a little surprise coming up [BLACKOUT]Spotlight: Jazz[/BLACKOUT]:up:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/from-the-tip-spotlight-jazz-cover-and-more/14748/

8. lars573 Registered

OK here's how it flows story wise.

Transformers: Infiltration
    Transformers: Stormbringer
    Transformers: Spotlight vol.1 (Shockwave, Nightbeat, Hot Rod, Sixshot & Ultra Magnus)
    Transformers: Escalation
    Transformers: Spotlight vol.2 (Soundwave, Kup, Galvatron, Optimus Prime & Ramjet )
    Transformers: Megatron Origin
    Transformers: Devastation
    Transformers: Spotlight vol.3 (Blaster, Arcee, Mirage, Grimlock & Wheelie)
    Transformers Spotlight Revelations: Cyclonus, Hardhead, Doubledealer & Sideswipe
    Transformers: Maximum Dinobots
    Transformers: All hail Megatron

Maximum Dinobots is supposed to fill in the gaps (or just some of them) between Revelations and All hail Megatron. And some spotlights are more important to the overall story line than others.

#158 lars573, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  9. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

This is awesome, thanks a lot.

BUT, I thought Megatron Origin came before the War Within series and wasnt really part of the modern storyline?

10. lars573 Registered

I'll compare TF comics to Marvel comics. Marvels G1/G2 comics= Marvel 616. Dreamwaves G1= Marvel's M2 line. IDW's G1= Ultimate Marvel. DW's War Within and IDW's Megatron origin feature similar events but are not connected. Officially.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

The War Within serries has no bearing on the modern story continuity that IDW is putting out.

War Within was from Dreamwave comics and while IDW has reprinted some of the WW stories it is not connected continuity wize.

So Megatron Origin is part of the current continiuty but The War Within is not.

Where do you fit in Marvels UK stuff in your way of thinking????

#161 sto_vo_kor_2000, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  12. lars573 Registered

Marvel's G1/G2.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

Again where do you fit in the U.K stuff???

The UK material does not always fit into the U.S. universe and at time completly contradicts each other.

Gold Bugs origin story for example.It the U.S. TF comics by Marvel it was GI Joe with the help of the Autobot Ratchet that turned Bumblebee into Gold Bug.

But in the UK TF continuity it was a time traveling Wrec Gar that changed Bumblebee into Gold Bug.

And there are plenty of examples of the UK TF universe not being able to fit into the US TF universe.

14. lars573 Registered

G1 is G1, simple as that. If the UK has different stories and origins that's fine.

15. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Strange the way WW vol.1 seems to follow on directly from Megatron:Origin though, especially with Sentinal Prime being killed and Optimus being chosen to follow him.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

True but there are some contradictions as well.

In WW the war had been going on for some time before Sentinel was beaten but in Megatrons origin Sentinel was beaten at the beginning of the war.

And there are a great number of other contradictions that would be apparent if WW was connected to the the other IDW stories.

17. lars573 Registered

So I just read up on this and the reason Megatron Origin seems to fit with War Within is because it was originally supposed too. As the basic story was laid out during the end of Dreamwave. Then retooled to fit into IDW's fiction.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

I could see that....but the story as it was printed doent quite fit into the War Within story.

19. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Back when IDW said they would reprint Dreamwave there was an idea floating around about continuing the War Within series, this is where the Megatron Origins spawned, however I think it was after they decided not to continue with WW. A shame really, WW was a good read and it would have been great for IDW to continue on with it, the potential for some great stories is still there, plus they could have also incorperated Spotlights that took place during WW that had some effect on the events of the G1 "tion" saga's.

20. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Megatron Origin does seem to be in continuity with WW in many ways, Sentinal Prime not holding The Matrix being the main one for me. Who knows, maybe it is meant to be in continuity but it also changed a few things to fit the new story, sort of like a re-boot like many of the CB movies we are getting today.

21. B4rr1c4de Still A N00b :-/

I start my week of nights tonight @ work, so I'm gonna read all of Reign Of Starscream. I know it's late, but I just haven't had time.

**EDIT**

Read it last night. Thought it was ok, nothing amazing. I was quite burnt out by the end of it, felt it was one issue too long. Still looking forward to DESTINY though!

#171 B4rr1c4de, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  22. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

This panel from Maximum Dinobots #1 was pretty cool, so I thought I'd just post it here for fun...

[​IMG]

23. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

^Grimlock looks awesome there!

24. Dragons Claws Registered

I've heard te Marvel G2 comics have been put into 2 graphic novels, does anyone know the names of them?

25. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered