Revenge of the Fallen Transformers ROTF Novelization Spoilers [ Junior, Official, etc ]

Be patient. Alan Dean Fosters novelization comes out soon, and the one he did for Transformers 1 was fairly close to the movie. About all it omitted was a few of the dumb jokes (example, when Ironhide said "It's going to rust" after his encounter with Mojo) It should be more detailed and reliable.

Yes, it was kind of funny, but my point was that the novelization had a lot of the story and only missed tiny details like that joke.

I was trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible so forgive me if this has already been asked.

Two questions for those who have read the novelization:

-It sounds like in the novel, it sounds like Ravage and Scalpel are the ones who revive Megatron. Yet in the trailer there is the shot of the Constructicons implanting a new spark into Megatron. Does the novelization address this contradiction?

-Reading TFW, it sounds like Soundwave doesn't come to Earth and just spends the movie hacking into satellites. Despite this, does he still get any kind of dialogue?

I was trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible so forgive me if this has already been asked.

Two questions for those who have read the novelization:

-It sounds like in the novel, it sounds like Ravage and Scalpel are the ones who revive Megatron. Yet in the trailer there is the shot of the Constructicons implanting a new spark into Megatron. Does the novelization address this contradiction?

-Reading TFW, it sounds like Soundwave doesn't come to Earth and just spends the movie hacking into satellites. Despite this, does he still get any kind of dialogue?

From reading the novel that I picked up from Walmart, The Doctor, a bunch of other Constructicons went down to where Megatron was located. Long Haul, Scrapper and Mixmaster destroyed another unnamed Constructicon and use his parts to build Megatron. Then the doctor inserted the shard of the allspark into Megatron and he was rebooted.

From the sound of the novel, Soundwave won't even make an appearance on Earth. We'll probably see him on the Nemisis but so far there is no indication he landed on Earth and blasted any autobots. He's just up there collected data and transmitting it. I hope that's not all what he does.

From reading the novel that I picked up from Walmart, The Doctor, a bunch of other Constructicons went down to where Megatron was located. Long Haul, Scrapper and Mixmaster destroyed another unnamed Constructicon and use his parts to build Megatron. Then the doctor inserted the shard of the allspark into Megatron and he was rebooted.

From the sound of the novel, Soundwave won't even make an appearance on Earth. We'll probably see him on the Nemisis but so far there is no indication he landed on Earth and blasted any autobots. He's just up there collected data and transmitting it. I hope that's not all what he does.

Thanks a lot for answering. So I take it that his possible appearance on board the Nemesis will be Soundwave's only chance at real dialogue?

Thanks a lot for answering. So I take it that his possible appearance on board the Nemesis will be Soundwave's only chance at real dialogue?

We'll probably hear him talk when he's up in space in his alt mode but as far as the robot mode, probably that will be the only time.

3534336653_418752590b.jpg

SOUNDWAVE in his alternate form.

We'll probably hear him talk when he's up in space in his alt mode but as far as the robot mode, probably that will be the only time.

Thanks once again. Not to sound pessimistic, but I've been expecting Soundwave not to have the largest role this time around. I just hope that what we do get is worthwhile.

I thought the spoilers that were released some time ago said that Soundwave is one of the bots seen in the trailer going down into the ocean?

I thought the spoilers that were released some time ago said that Soundwave is one of the bots seen in the trailer going down into the ocean?

Nope. Four Constructicons and The Doctor. One of the Constructicons gets sacrificed and his parts are used on Megs. Then The Doctor revives Megs. Soundwave spends the entire movie in space and never once comes down to Earth. Though, he does indeed have dialogue.

Nope. Four Constructicons and The Doctor. One of the Constructicons gets sacrificed and his parts are used on Megs. Then The Doctor revives Megs. Soundwave spends the entire movie in space and never once comes down to Earth. Though, he does indeed have dialogue.

This is from the novel?

One of the Constructicons didn't sacrificed itself; Long Haul, Scrapper and Mixmaster attacked that Constructicon and killed him so that his parts with the rest of the other parts down in the ocean can be use to construct Megatron. From reading the novel there's more then 4 Decepticons that were down in the ocean.

He was sacrificed for Megatron's glorious return. Whether he wanted to or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"