Transformers Transformers: Toy Thread

Hot damn! People weren't joking about the cape. I like it, but I hope OP's the only one with a trailer in the movie

I'm surprised how slim he turned out. Definitely one of the more interesting Megatron designs.

I traded in some games I was never going to play again and was able to get Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for 60 cents. I celebrated by getting Tracks, Perceptor, and G2 Optimus Prime.

Tracks is surprisingly fun and Prime is also pretty great.

Perceptor is as disappointing as I thought he would be.

MVC3 is great. I'm still learning but I plan on getting my ass kicked online soon.

Already having way more fun than I did with COD: Black Ops

I was never on the COD bandwagon. Played 2 or 3 and wasn't too impressed. Gimme Gears or Halo anyday.

BotCon is in Pasadena this year and I will probably attend my first BotCon ever and get press registration. I'm hoping to get some Fans Project toys.

I just can never get behind the movie designs because I well hate them. I hate the jagged, twisted up vomited metal look. I'm just glad we are still getting some new classics type stuff with Generations and Reveal The Shield. I just picked up Jazz and the Generation 2 style laser Optimus Prime which is a much better take on the long-nosed truck with the flame deco.

Still love my classics Jetfire/Skyfire, Optimus Prime, and Starscream more than anything. Classics Starscream is probably the most accurate, faithful G1 animation Starscream figure ever made.

I STILL haven't seen Perceptor, Tracks, or Jazz but I did pick up Kup and Scourge.

Love Kups pickup truck mode. Very retro. The only things I don't like about him are the door panels on his arms and his legs and feet being a little long. He's taller than some deluxes but I just bent his legs when i put him on the shelf and he looks fine. I like colors too. He looks a little pinheaded but they've been doing that with a lot of figures lately.

Scourge is pure win. I loved everything about him. I like the updated flying wing mode. Looks cooler than the old flying clothes iron design. The robot mode is perfect. I mean...its Scourge.:awesome: Together with Cyclonus he looks even better.

BotCon is in Pasadena this year and I will probably attend my first BotCon ever and get press registration. I'm hoping to get some Fans Project toys.

I just can never get behind the movie designs because I well hate them. I hate the jagged, twisted up vomited metal look. I'm just glad we are still getting some new classics type stuff with Generations and Reveal The Shield. I just picked up Jazz and the Generation 2 style laser Optimus Prime which is a much better take on the long-nosed truck with the flame deco.

Still love my classics Jetfire/Skyfire, Optimus Prime, and Starscream more than anything. Classics Starscream is probably the most accurate, faithful G1 animation Starscream figure ever made.

My perfect Starscream would take ideas from Classics Starscream and Masterpiece Starscream. I like the legs on the Classics one a lot better. But I like the null rays and head on the masterpeice

If I could combine them into one voyager sized figure I'd be happy.

I'm not a big fan of the movie designs either though there are a few I like. I like movie Optimus and Barricade has become one of my favorite characyers. I've got HA Barricade facing off against Alt Prowl on a shelf.

I STILL haven't seen Perceptor, Tracks, or Jazz but I did pick up Kup and Scourge.

I'm done hunting for TFs. I spent many hours drving from toy store to toy store when the toys came out for the first 2 movies. I'm just gonna get 'em online from now on. It was fun at first.

I also hate when you buy an original figure only to have a sweet redeco come out months later :cmad:

I'm done hunting for TFs. I spent many hours drving from toy store to toy store when the toys came out for the first 2 movies. I'm just gonna get 'em online from now on. It was fun at first.

I also hate when you buy an original figure only to have a sweet redeco come out months later :cmad:

Yeah that does get annoying. I'm not a full time TF collector but I do buy stuff I like or that catches my eye. A lot if the recent classics stuff has really caught my eye and whenever I go to a store trying to find it it annoys the heck out of me when its not stocked yet or sold out.

Took me forever to find a WFC Soundwave. I have a feeling I'm never goign to see a RTS Jazz in a store and I'm gonna have to buy it only like MP Starscream.

I agree on the redeco issue. Glad I waited to buy Cyclonus. If its something I know a better a redeco is coming out at a later date I'll wait.

Last edited:
I might wait about a year after the DOTM toys come out before buying a single one just b/c of redecos

cmdstore.com has been amazing

I do want Sentinel Prime. He looks very Alpha Trion-y. Thats the one DOTM figure I'll by for sure.

He's a must. I still need a 2nd Leader class Autobot and I wanted no parts of Jetfire :whatever:

The good news for me is I've not had to hunt for Transformers toys at least the ones I've been looking for. I got all the WFC figures pretty easy. I saw the new Generations and RTC toys I wanted in comic shops but then quickly saw them in Target and TRU instead and bought them for much cheaper.

Those of you that have WFC should try displaying him with his unofficial alternate speaker mode.

I saw a video once of someone combining the classics voyager class optimus prime and Jetfire. Tried to do it but just didn't like how it ended up.

Things on my wish/hunting list for Botcon this year:

1. Fansproject custom Optimus Prime truck attachment
2. Fansproject Warbot Defender
3. Fansproject Rodimus Prime armor/attachment accessory
4. Fansproject alternate Optimus Prime armor/attachment accessory
5. RiD Optimus Prime
6. RiD Scourge
7. RiD Ultra Magnus
8. G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime
9. Generations Wheeljack
10. Generations Galvatron

The good news for me is I've not had to hunt for Transformers toys at least the ones I've been looking for. I got all the WFC figures pretty easy. I saw the new Generations and RTC toys I wanted in comic shops but then quickly saw them in Target and TRU instead and bought them for much cheaper.

Those of you that have WFC should try displaying him with his unofficial alternate speaker mode.

I saw a video once of someone combining the classics voyager class optimus prime and Jetfire. Tried to do it but just didn't like how it ended up.

Things on my wish/hunting list for Botcon this year:

1. Fansproject custom Optimus Prime truck attachment
2. Fansproject Warbot Defender
3. Fansproject Rodimus Prime armor/attachment accessory
4. Fansproject alternate Optimus Prime armor/attachment accessory
5. RiD Optimus Prime
6. RiD Scourge
7. RiD Ultra Magnus
8. G2 Laser Rod Optimus Prime
9. Generations Wheeljack
10. Generations Galvatron

That's quite a chunk of change you're gonna be dropping for the 3rd party stuff man. While I own and love the Optimus Prime DIA Commander set, it's probably the only one I'll ever own and the G3 trailer you're planning to get is great is you've got a whole set of Classics/Henkei toys compliment it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"