World Transtech (What could have been)

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
*Sigh* I just get depressed every time I see these, thinking about the fact that this line got killed so that Hasbro could take the unimaginative and relatively cheap direction they're still taking with the TF brand - the movie and Classics are about the only things in the six years since RID that excite me.

Plus this would have been a flat-out continuation of the "core" G1/BW/BM continuity, as opposed to yet ANOTHER new continuity being started. That's always a plus, too.

Yes, I am quiet the fan of the BW/BM/Psuedo-G1 continuity.

I really like those designs. Is it to late for them to pick this up? I mean even as a comic series there is enough fans who would pay for it. I want more in the main story.

I really like those designs. Is it to late for them to pick this up?

I dunno. Even as a comic it'd be great to see this come to fruition, though there's the question of how or if IDW would fit it into their existing continuities - they kept their BW books are separate from their G1-reboot storyline, so I suppose they could tie it to that, but bringing back the G1 guys involved in Transtech would conflict with "G1 2.0". Plus, the whole post-BM question WAS partially addressed in the Botcon comics with the Wreckers and Transfomers Universe storylines. Still, it is a big continuity and there's still a relatively-untapped potential to continue that whole saga.

As for the toy line...well, only two designs have ever been seen in prototype stage (Cheetor and Starscream; the Air Attack Primal figure DID see retail release at the tail end of RID) and I don't remember what became of them. HOWEVER...taking into account the number of Armada/Energon/Cybertron figures that were clearly inspired by Transtech designs - PLUS the fact Hasbro cleared those equally-wackadoo movie designs, not to mention that quote-unquote "animated series" for next year - I get the funny feeling at least somebody working on the TF brand at Hasbro still has a soft spot for the radical look of Transtech. Who knows?

I would have loved to see that but no fans had to ***** about Beast machines. So hasbro got scared and went with bad anime insted of cool canada CGI.

I'm not sure how that would have worked, seeing as how the end of BM had Cyberton as a organic planet. Was it, like, an organic world with tech-stuff still around? Like, the transformers had both vehicle and beast modes?

Also, I remember hearing that Dinobot had designs going for him as well. Is there any pics of that?

I'm not sure how that would have worked, seeing as how the end of BM had Cyberton as a organic planet. Was it, like, an organic world with tech-stuff still around? Like, the transformers had both vehicle and beast modes?

Actually, BM ends with Cybertron as a TECHNO-organic planet, as was iterated several times throughout the series as the Maximals' intent. I suppose they could have done something similar to the Botcon comics, where they rebuild civilization around it - one of the books was a couple years after the end of BM and it showed Cybertronian buildings and streets erected among the greenery.

Also, I remember hearing that Dinobot had designs going for him as well. Is there any pics of that?

I haven't read or heard anything confirming that, although supposedly the last batch of Transtech designs Draxhall Jump posted have a character that ostensibly is Grimlock.

Actually, BM ends with Cybertron as a TECHNO-organic planet, as was iterated several times throughout the series as the Maximals' intent. I suppose they could have done something similar to the Botcon comics, where they rebuild civilization around it - one of the books was a couple years after the end of BM and it showed Cybertronian buildings and streets erected among the greenery.
They did, it was called Transformers:Universe.

um, optimus prime is actually optimus prime not primal same with megatron, they wanted to bring some autobots into the series but yeah they axed the idea in favor for a cheaper cartoon show and toy line.

Its not to late to make the series but then again it kind of is because its been over 5 years so they would have to change it a bit like they did with beast wars to compensate for the huge gap between shows, i think at the botcon convention, i live in Aus so i dont know when it is, but when its unless its been on ppl should make the suggestion at the Q&A to see if they would consider making the show, id be really happy if they did, dinobot and depthcharge and cheetor would be back :D

Well, well, looks like there may be a little light at the end of this tunnel after all: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12022

Granted, the fan club comics aren't all that great, and it doesn't sound like figures (even as Club exclusives) are going to be part of the package at present, but as I mentioned above, they've culled enough molds from the Transtech designs to fill out A/E/C; what with the Club's general means of producing figures - repainting and remolding the heads - they could almost get away with doing that to create Transtech toys (of sorts) instead of having to reacquire the few Transtech protos that exist or even making new ones from the keel up. They wouldn't be real accurate to the character designs, I grant you, but then neither were the G1 or Movie toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"