TV Shows You've Given Up On.

Family Guy - After it was renewed. I don't think I really need to explain why.
House - It was the same thing every week and I never found that to be too interesting to begin with.
24 - Stuck with it for a while but gave up when the first president guy's brother became president. Got to wild and unbelievable and it was pretty much the same thing every week.
Saturday Night Live - This is one of those shows that is on and off. Last season was on, this season is so off. When it is on a roll with good guests it can be ok. At the moment none of the sketches are funny.
Community - Gave it a chance but is just not very funny.

I tend to stick with shows I watch even when I know they're bad. Shows which I know I should drop are Heroes, V, Flash Forward, Parks and recreation (all though its getting a bit better).

Shows which some people have dropped but I would recommend trying out again are Lost which was really good last season and Smallville which i've though has been pretty good recently.

Deadwood- started ok then got dramatic...then they started talking shakespear (wtf)
V- started turning into battlestart galactica

also about to give up on Heroes...its going nowhere

Smallville after the first season, I just started working late hours that when I decided to watch it again I got bored quickly.

I'm still surprised it's been able to last this long with no capes.

Smallville after the first season, I just started working late hours that when I decided to watch it again I got bored quickly.

I'm still surprised it's been able to last this long with no capes.
I think this is the season when i'm giving up on it :csad: ... the storyline is just ridiculous this season (in my opinion... others seem to like it and i cant for the life of me understand why :hehe:)

Season 9 is easily the best season of Smallville yet, dunno what you're talking about. The whole "Zod army in the purple artifact being clones" was a brilliant way to bring back Zod, and the whole "Kneel before Kal-El" thing was totally ****.

But hey, to each his own.

Season 9 is easily the best season of Smallville yet, dunno what you're talking about. The whole "Zod army in the purple artifact being clones" was a brilliant way to bring back Zod, and the whole "Kneel before Kal-El" thing was totally ****.

But hey, to each his own.

Okay, I like this season too, but let's not go too far... I think seasons two, three and five were much better.

Two and three were still wayyyyy to engrosed in the 'freak of the week' to be considered the best. Five was good, but I feel that Nine is actually PROGRESSING the Smallville mythos and Clark as opposed to just keeping him in the same whiney sad over lana ******** they did for seven straight seasons.

Plus, come on, they introduced the glasses!

Smallville makes me want to gouge out my eyes with an ice-cream scoop. :wow:

That fight with Doomsday was great! What did it last, all of 20 seconds? What an exciting climax! And the acting, wow. Those stilted performances and awkward deliveries make your great-aunt performing in the local community theater look like Daniel Day-Lewis.

It achieves the impossible and makes 'Heroes' look good by comparison, so I guess it has that. :awesome:

Honestly the only thing I ever enjoyed on this dog of a show was the guy who played Lex Luthor. That guy stands out because he's actually a good actor. But I stopped watching, because it took waaaaay too long for him to become evil and it got plain boring.

Have you watched any of this season?

Cause yeah, I'll give you that last season had it's **** parts. I was stoked for the Superman/Doomsday fight the whole goddamn season and it was NOTHING. And yes, the acting is usually pretty bad and they do nothing but way too over emotional looks, but that doesn't change the fact that season 9 is the top-dog of the series.

Smallville makes me want to gouge out my eyes with an ice-cream scoop. :wow:

That fight with Doomsday was great! What did it last, all of 20 seconds? What an exciting climax! And the acting, wow. Those stilted performances and awkward deliveries make your great-aunt performing in the local community theater look like Daniel Day-Lewis.

It achieves the impossible and makes 'Heroes' look good by comparison, so I guess it has that. :awesome:

Honestly the only thing I ever enjoyed on this dog of a show was the guy who played Lex Luthor. That guy stands out because he's actually a good actor. But I stopped watching, because it took waaaaay too long for him to become evil and it got plain boring.

Disagreed x1000. In fact, Heroes pissed me off more in three years than Smallville has in nine...

Slowly, Nip/Tuck. It's a shame because it's one of the (very) few shows I actually follow. The Carver storyline was the show's peak and then afterwards it went downhill. Now the characters are just parodies of themselves and it's like a TV version of A Series of Unfortunate Events. How else can Matt potentially screw his life up? Who has Christian not ****ed yet? Are Julia and Sean in love this week, or not? Not to mention ideas that just seem like the writers trying to hard--Mario Lopez wearing drag to turn Kimber on or Christian getting knocked out by a big boobed woman.

Disagreed x1000. In fact, Heroes pissed me off more in three years than Smallville has in nine...
I gave up on both. I'm only ashamed that it took me so long to do so. About 3 seasons for each. :doh:

Two and three were still wayyyyy to engrosed in the 'freak of the week' to be considered the best. Five was good, but I feel that Nine is actually PROGRESSING the Smallville mythos and Clark as opposed to just keeping him in the same whiney sad over lana ******** they did for seven straight seasons.

Plus, come on, they introduced the glasses!

They introduced the glasses?

From what I saw, Clark whipped them out and Lois put them back in his shirt pocket saying he should wear contacts..

Seemed like that was Smallville's way of saying the glasses won't work here... which makes sense given EVERYONE has seen Clark without them!

Let's just say they're both frustratingly bad. Smallville vs Heroes is kinda like a contest to see what's worse... putting your hand in a blast-furnace or a lawnmower.

I sort of gave up on Heroes around season 1 but I still watch it because, hey, why not?

In my case, because I watch a lot of shows and Heroes is basically a wasted hour I could spend on something that actually gives me some enjoyment for the time I'm investing.

anyone who wasn't apoplectic with rage after seeing the doomday finale of smallville (after they had built it up for the ENTIRE season) has the patience of a buddhist monk and needs to check their wrist to see if they hav a pulse.

anyone who wasn't apoplectic with rage after seeing the doomday finale of smallville (after they had built it up for the ENTIRE season) has the patience of a buddhist monk and needs to check their wrist to see if they hav a pulse.

Oh, PLENTY of people were upset but I guess they had the summer to cool off.

Without a doubt, Heroes. It got to the point in Season 3 where I felt like I needed to study before watching just so I'd know what the hell was going on, who was related to who, and who could do what. Someone needs to take it out back and give it the Old Yeller treatment.

I'm still watching heroes but its hard to believe something so amazing in season one (with the exception of a POOR season finale) has completely and utterly gone to the dogs

I gave up on heroes halfway through season 2. the writing was never great but I liked season 1, then it just continued to go down hill. I heard talk about season 3 so I started watching it again for that but stopped after 4 episodes because it got worse.

I quit Stargate universe two or so episodes ago agter the jungle episode. That episode was really frustrating so I said you know what, good bye!

Im liking flashforward so far, it's had a couple boring/bland episodes but I still enjoy it.

V i'm beginning to have second thoughts about...I just don't care about anyone..It was difficult to watch the last episode all the way through.

Its upsetting to see a bunch of people talk about how they quit lost. I'm a lost addict.

It's awesome to see so many people feel the same way about Heroes as I do. Season 1 was great mostly except for that horrible finale. What a cop-out! Season 2 and onwards did no better. Also stopped around the beginning of S3. Should have stopped sooner. lol!

Stargate Universe I only saw the pilot but I thought it had promise. Will try and get more to see if I feel the same way you Neverless.

I'm also enjoying FlashForward, I just hope it picks up after the holidays.

V has been disappointing, too much was revealed too quickly. What else is left now? Very premature.

Underwhelmed. But he killed off Jimmy which was badass. But then they're like "oh wait he wasn't really Jimmy and his little brother is really Jimmy" which was ****ing ******ed. :doh::doh::doh::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"