TV Shows You've Given Up On.

That's Smallville for you and a lot of shows like BSG, Heroes, etc. It's not a twist or clever, it's just f****** cheating! If you're going to kill off a character, at least have the balls to go through with it and keep them dead. Don't make it a long lost twin or shapeshifter or some other ******ed s***! Cowards!

That's Smallville for you and a lot of shows like BSG, Heroes, etc. It's not a twist or clever, it's just f****** cheating! If you're going to kill off a character, at least have the balls to go through with it and keep them dead. Don't make it a long lost twin or shapeshifter or some other ******ed s***! Cowards!
BSG never brought people back, other than cylons and Starbuck coming back was a homage to the original series.

I wasn't saying all those shows brought people back, they just had poor storytelling and didn't have the balls go through with anything. Some of the weakest television of the last decade and people love it, I just don't get it!

I wasn't saying all those shows brought people back, they just had poor storytelling and didn't have the balls go through with anything. Some of the weakest television of the last decade and people love it, I just don't get it!
Battlestar Galactica has weak storytelling? For serious? I think that's probably the strongest storytelling for a science fiction show of the last decade. I say this with Doctor Who being my most favoritest science fiction show ever too. So it's not me just kissing ass up to my favorite show. It's storytelling is just that damn good.

V- Couldn't get through the first episode, just couldn't get into it. Might go back at a later date....

The Cleveland show- The damned voice of Cleveland just annoys the hell outta me. He was okay in bits on Family Guy.... but as the lead.. No Way. Getting to the same point with American Dad.....

The Unit- I know it's dead now.... but i lost interest about halfway through it's final season, mixture of crazy scheduling and not liking the synopsis on the next episode.

The Cleveland Show for me as well. I love Cleveland as a friend of Peter's, but as the lead he just doesn't work.

I hate to say it but The Simpsons.

Once upon a time i wouldnta missed it... These days Im suprised when i even remember it's on..

This year I gave up on House and The Office after a couple episodes.

House because it's gotten boring IMO. And the Office because it's just straight up garbage.

I think you should try to watch House again since it only has eight episodes left and you'll be able to catch up quickly but that's just my opinion.

Given up on might be too strong of a phrase but I've dropped Merlin and the U.S. Being Human.

I've given up on House and The Office.

Also, 30 Rock, because I find it vastly overrated.

I have definitely given up on House, HIMYM, The Office and SVU (Although I like Kelli Giddish). I may also give up on SMASH or at least stop watching until next season.

I haven't really given up on it yet, but I'm really considering giving up on The Looney Tunes Show. The whole sitcom style was a bad idea from the start, the only reason I gave it a try is because I'm such a huge fan of Looney Tunes. Almost everytime that I watch an episode, it feels like a slap in the face.:csad:

Becoming Human: a few episodes into the second season. I'm always considering getting back into it, but then I don't bother. Don't know why, it's pretty good, actually.
Stargate SG-1: some time after that Vala (Vale? Vain?) turned up, sooo season 8/9?
Torchwood: I don't even know. Watched a few episodes. Liked it, but not excessively.

Stargate SG1: after season 6
Heroes: after Season 1

I'm ready to give up on The Office, Fringe and Supernatural, just find all three very lackluster this year.

Recent as in this year? I gave up on The Office and Wipeout.

Previous years, I had given up Smallville after season four and LOST after season three. I saw a couple episodes down the line, but I'm still glad I gave up on those shows when I did. Nothing that happened in them really made me pissed that I abandoned the two shows.

Some shows I gave up on, but went back to watching them, such as this (final)season of One Tree Hill and I'm getting back on Mad Men, just in time for the new season.

I loved the early seasons so much it hurts me to say it, but I've given up on Weeds.

I loved the early seasons so much it hurts me to say it, but I've given up on Weeds.

That should of ended at season 3. I couldn't get into anything after that. Stopped completely at season 5 and don't plan on giving it another chance.

Alcatraz after 3 episodes. Just couldn't get into it, not to mention the absurdity of having their base be ON Alcatraz island, resulting in a ferry ride to shore whenever a '63er strikes. Way to lose a lead, guys.

Thundercats, since the winter break. I gave it a chance, but found it continually boring. As if being a quest show wasn't bad enough. Give me the 80s one any day, cheese and all.

Psych. I watch it sporadically, but the thrill is gone once the joke on Gus was over. Plus it's almost becoming a parody of itself, cranking the crazy antics up to 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"