Action-Adventure Twister Reboot ‘Twisters’ | Universal Pictures

“When the producers came to me to direct this new chapter, I was truly honored and terrified to make the transition into tentpole, summer blockbuster territory. But the film embodies what inspired me to take on the challenge; I wanted to run toward my fears and not away from them.”

... “I thought of Minari as my last-ditch effort to make it work. If this was the end of the road for me as a filmmaker, I wanted to go out telling the one story that meant the most to me. Fortunately, it turned out so well that I didn’t have to quit, and better, it opened new doors for me,” he said. “Twisters was the type of film I dreamed I could someday do as a filmmaker. I always wanted to do an action movie. I always wanted to work on a big scale. And I love telling stories about multiple characters in which their relationships and fates are all intertwined. The ironic thing is that in many ways, Minari, while being small and personal, was a great precursor for Twisters, as it shares some similar elements, from an ending that’s something of a disaster movie on an intimate scale, to be being a story set in a part of America that I happen to know really well.”

... “From beginning to end, I returned to Twister, and I would ask myself: ‘How would Jan do this?’ Because he did it so well, and I wanted to honor the fandom around the first film,” Lee Isaac explained. “But I’ve always loved Steven Spielberg, as well, and the process of working with him has been so great. I went back and watched Jaws a few times, as well as War of the Worlds — movies about powerful forces of nature or monstrous things coming at you or looming above you. They captured some of the tone we wanted for our tornadoes."

Last edited:
That new BTS clip was so good that I bought tickets for the preview on the 11th. I believe in Lee Isaac Chung, it'll at the very least look and sound incredible in Dolby.

I noticed that they changed Kate's last name from Cooper to Carter.

April 2024:

Edgar-Jones stars as Kate Cooper, a former storm chaser haunted by a devastating encounter with a tornado during her college years who now studies storm patterns on screens safely in New York City.

Now (since at least June):

Edgar-Jones stars as Kate Carter, a former storm chaser haunted by a devastating encounter with a tornado during her college years who now studies storm patterns on screens safely in New York City.

Last edited:

There was a Twisters screening in Miami yesterday? - there's some weirdness going on with the dates either it happened late last month in June or yesterday. Or numerous websites are just posting about it now, maybe it was embargoed IDK.

Anthony-Ramos-Daisy-Edgar-Jones-and-Irasema-Torres-1-jpg.webp

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how this fares at the box office. The best-case scenario is that it lights up the same audience that saw Top Gun: Maverick. I am seeing a lot of excitement online, but I'm also seeing just as many people who seem to think it's a remake. You'd think people would catch that extra "s" and what it could signify, but I digress.

How soon does Superman die in this? :o

The trailers look so dark and ugly with a bunch of low camera angles and shaky cam garbage. The original had all of these beautiful big long sweeping helicopter shots which added a lot. The original Twister still looks great, regardless of what you might think of the story and I'm just not feeling it here.

I'm interested to see how this fares at the box office. The best-case scenario is that it lights up the same audience that saw Top Gun: Maverick. I am seeing a lot of excitement online, but I'm also seeing just as many people who seem to think it's a remake. You'd think people would catch that extra "s" and what it could signify, but I digress.
Its not gonna perform similarly to Maverick. It would be lucky to hit $200 million in North America. Deadpool & Wolverine the movie is gonna overshadow this and its gonna be one of those sequels that just came out too late.

Personally speaking, I don't think this looks good.

How soon does Superman die in this? :o
"The son becomes the father and the father the son."

Kmiwj3.gif

Its not gonna perform similarly to Maverick. It would be lucky to hit $200 million in North America. Deadpool & Wolverine the movie is gonna overshadow this and its gonna be one of those sequels that just came out too late.
Deadpool & Wolverine isn't going to help its case but I think best case scenario it can become a sleeper hit just by being the only major PG-13 blockbuster coming out in July.

Personally speaking, I don't think this looks good.

Yes, I said that the best-case scenario is that it attracts a similar audience, not that it makes the same amount of money. That's impossible, but I hope it has a strong opening and that the studio keeps it long enough in theaters, because I think there'll be longevity after D&W decimates the box office. Maverick in itself was a sequel that "came out too late," but that one had stronger trailers than Twisters, and Cruise as a returning star.

It's got the middle america demo which means it'll have legs.

Yes, I said that the best-case scenario is that it attracts a similar audience, not that it makes the same amount of money. That's impossible, but I hope it has a strong opening and that the studio keeps it long enough in theaters, because I think there'll be longevity after D&W decimates the box office. Maverick in itself was a sequel that "came out too late," but that one had stronger trailers than Twisters, and Cruise as a returning star.
Maverick was also a refreshing alternative to superhero movies or otherwise CGI-heavy blockbusters because apart from Cruise being a massive star and the original Top Gun being a big part of '80s pop culture, a big appeal was seeing actual aerial footage of those actors flying the jets on the biggest screen possible.

It's got the middle america demo which means it'll have legs.
They have Twisters at home. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"