Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12856

Source: Variety
January 24, 2006

magnumpidirector.jpg

Rawson Marshall Thurber will write and direct the big screen adaptation of Magnum P.I. for Universal Pictures, reports Variety. Brian Grazer and Imagine Entertainment are producing.

Thurber directed 2003's summer comedy hit Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story for 20th Century Fox. Along with that film's star Ben Stiller and producer Start Cornfeld, Thurber set up a high-concept comedy last week at DreamWorks Pictures.

When Imagine first optioned the original 1980s action series in 2003, Mike McCullers, who co-wrote the last two "Austin Powers" sequels with Mike Myers, was hired to pen a draft.

Tom Selleck, John Hillerman, Roger E. Mosley and Larry Manetti starred in the TV series

I was never that much of a fan o the TV show but i guess they are gonna go the spoof route that they went with Starsky and Hutch which means it could be funny,Tom Selleck parodies have the potential to produce gold:o
icon10.gif

I thought Tom Selleck movies were already parodies?? :confused:

RedIsNotBlue said:
I thought Tom Selleck movies were already parodies?? :confused:

no their mostly bad comedies or B thrillers:o :( but im talking about some actor getting to parody Selleck's Magnum persona

hunter rider said:
no their mostly bad comedies or B thrillers:o :( but im talking about some actor getting to parody Selleck's Magnum persona

Oh yeah...I always get those mixed up.

hunter rider said:
To obvious,they need to cast someone unexpected in the role

Tom Selleck :eek:... damn, they really wont see that sucker coming

It's gonna be someone from the Frat Pack. Probably Stiller, Ferrel, Vaughn, or one of the Wilsons.

DDRSkata-Away said:
It's gonna be someone from the Frat Pack. Probably Stiller, Ferrel, Vaughn, or one of the Wilsons.
Vaughn could be good

Sava said:
yeah, i should be a casting director

Dude if you were working for Universal you could have cast The Hulk as Hulk:mad: :up: :confused:

hunter rider said:
Dude if you were working for Universal you could have cast The Hulk as Hulk:mad: :up: :confused:
Hogan?....

hunter rider said:
No the big green dude
icon10.gif
he would have asked for too many purple pants...

RedIsNotBlue said:
I still say Reynolds. :o

I could see him in a perm wig with some OTT chest hair doing well in the role

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"