The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Goblin hate.

Agreed, but you left out his capability of independent flight. Nothing about him says Green Goblin to me.

The more I hear and read about the Ultimate Spidey gives me mixed reviews. People hate GG but love Pete. Love Doc Connors and hate Harry.

Im going to check it out anyway.:spidey:

I actually like Ultimate Green Goblin. As much as the original? Hell no. But I liked the new interpretation, which is what Ultimate Spider-Man is right? I really liked him more as he was before he injected himself with MORE Oz and became, like people say, a "Hulk". I liked the purple cloak, and the horns, etc. The Hulk-Goblin was cool, but just not as good as the version before him. I also liked the idea of fireballs to Pumpkin Bombs.

Would I want to see him in a movie? **** no.

This.

I dont hate Ultimate Goblin but I do much prefer the glider riding, pumpkin bomb throwing original. I keep in mind that Ult Spider-Man isnt the Amazing Spider-Man, so changes to the characters dont bother me. Now, if they made 616 Norman Osborn into a Hulk Goblin, then I'd never buy another Marvel comic again. I'm irritated enough as it is that he's been the Iron Patriot for as long as he has been. I'm going through pumpkin bomb withdrawal!

My biggest issue with USM is Bendis's obvious preference for various villains. Kingpin was everywhere. I liked that they made the guy a serious threat but he was way over used. I was glad when Mysterio killed him. I gotta say, I like the Beck is a true danger and not just a joke. And how many times have we seen classic villains like Kraven, Chameleon, Vulture, Rhino, etc? All of them were beaten by Spidey pretty easily and forgotten. C'mon Bendis, some of us like those characters.
Shocker-don't forget Shocker. He doesn't even rate as a boss on the video game! You don't even have to punch him the first time you fight him.
Not only are they easily beaten and forgotten, they're hoddibly revised. It's like he doesn't care if they're as good as their classic incarnations as long as they're different.
As for Hulk Goblin, like I said, that's not GG. Hobgoblin was worse. And keep in mind that this is a teenage rookie Spider-Man we're dealing with. He shouldn't have lasted 5 minutes against wither of those two monsters.
And Bendis also spat all over Ock with the Magneto-Ock/Clone Saga. WTF.

I think most of the hate comes from how much potential the Goblin had. Early on, Ultimate Spider-Man was great, and the expectations for what would become of Spider-Man's greatest foe were fairly high.

And then we get the Hulk.

:dry:

:up: this.
And I'm a huge fan of Bendis. And I very much accept that Ultimate is not the mainstream continuity, so Ockneto did not upset me at all.
But when I see the potential for a reimagined villain flushed down the toilet, it really gets to me.
Gobhulk is terrible. Bendis could have kept the oz stuff (which was cool) and have him transform into some goblin creature, with fangs and everything that the 616 goblin has, including the glider and pumpkin bombs instead of this other garbage.
Same with the black suit/venom stuff. Spider-man wore the black suit for what, 1 issue? And the white spider just magically appeared?
Hate that garbage. If Gobhulk is in the movie, I'm gonna go ham.

I actually believe Hulk-Goblin was BILL JEMAS' idea, NOT Bendis

Which explains a lot

1) He is a Hulk/another Jekyl and Hyde ripoff
2) He shoots hadoukens
3) He looks like a steroid version of the creature from the black lagoon

Ultimate Goblin is one of the worst adaptations of a villain ever.

:lmao:

I don't mind the Oz interpretation, I think what gets on most fans' nerves (mine included) is the whole "Hulking out" of Osborn from Norman to GG, rather than costumed creature who was always at wits with Spidey.

I'm all for the Ultimate root, but stay with the core elements of the character which lie with "616" GG, by that I mean no hulk Goblin lol

Spectacular Spider-Man managed to portray a nice balance (i.e. self-experimenting instead of getting the powers in an accident due to Harry; no blackouts, knowing that he is the goblin, etc).

You all are just mentioning characteristics. Have you ever noticed that he treated his very own son like ****? Also if you read the comics he paid someone to STEAL mj and peters newborn and convince her that it was a still born and we never hear of the baby again. Not to mention he got Gwen Stacy pregnant and KILLED HER!!! I'm sorry Zucchini Elf on the Shelf thats where I cross the line and put you on my Marvel hit list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"