Unbreakable sports records

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/12880129/the-most-unbreakable-records-sports

Good list by ESPN. What did they leave off that you think is an untouchable record? I'd go with Pete Maravich being the all time scoring leader in college basketball. To break Pete's record, all a player has to do is make 15 three-pointers in every single game in their career. It ain't ever gonna happen.

I think Nolan Ryan's strikeout record is safe too.

Ryan Giggs has a couple of Premiership based records I think are untouchable & will never be matched.

- Scored at least 1 goal in 21 consecutive Premier League seasons. - To put it into perspective a player would have to make his scoring debut at 18 years old, then score a goal every single season until he was 39 years old. I think the closest anyone will come will be maybe between 15-18 & even that is a tall order. Steven Gerrard & Frank Lampard, who are both leaving the Premiership in the summer, are probably in & around that figure.

- Has won 13 Premier League medals. - Quite simply I don't think there will be another club that will enjoy the same level of dominance that Manchester United enjoyed over everyone throughout the 90's & even if there is another club that comes along & does it, or Manchester United repeats it, I don't think there will be a player that will stick around with said club for the length of time it would take to get so many medals. Loyalty to clubs isn't what it was 10 years ago.

Wilt Chamberlain's rebounding records.

He (along with bill russell) were lightyears ahead of their competition when it came to size and athleticism.

Nobody in the nba can break those records because almost everyone in the league is athletic. The edge to get those numbers just isn't there anymore.

I digress though that there probably will be an influx of highly talented skilled scorers who can score in various ways. Kids these days pattern their games after scoring machines like kevin durant and steph curry. Not to mention the fact that the style of play in the nba today is fit for tha kind of playing style. I'm not going to be surprised if a number of scoring records fall in the next 20 or so years

John Stockton's 15,806 career assists I think too, is nigh unbreakable.

I think someone will break DiMaggio's consecutive streak record one day. The same goes for Farve's consecutive start record. The way QB's are protected in the league, it's only a matter of time.

Wilt Chamberlain's rebounding records.

He (along with bill russell) were lightyears ahead of their competition when it came to size and athleticism.

Nobody in the nba can break those records because almost everyone in the league is athletic. The edge to get those numbers just isn't there anymore.

Yeah, pretty much any record Wilt has is near impossible to break. Nobody is going to average 50 points per game for an entire season or lead the league in assists as a Center. Nobody is going to score 100 in a game, nobody's going to average 23 rebounds for a season, or lead the league in rebounding 11 years, or grab 55 boards in one game, or record a double triple double OR a quadruple double. Not just a quadruple double once either, but 5 TIMES! LOL that dude was just ridiculous, some of that stuff is impossible to do in video games...

I think someone will break DiMaggio's consecutive streak record one day. The same goes for Farve's consecutive start record. The way QB's are protected in the league, it's only a matter of time.

I think DiMaggio's record is safe.

Nolan Ryan's 7 No-Hitters will never be broken.
Boston Celtics 8 consecutive championship will never be broken.

Yeah, pretty much any record Wilt has is near impossible to break. Nobody is going to average 50 points per game for an entire season or lead the league in assists as a Center. Nobody is going to score 100 in a game, nobody's going to average 23 rebounds for a season, or lead the league in rebounding 11 years, or grab 55 boards in one game, or record a double triple double OR a quadruple double. Not just a quadruple double once either, but 5 TIMES! LOL that dude was just ridiculous, some of that stuff is impossible to do in video games...

Guy was ridiculous.

Also, the home run record will be tough unless they go through another performance enhancing ordeal.

As far as I'm concerned, Hank is still the king of home runs.

I think DiMaggio's record is safe.

Nolan Ryan's 7 No-Hitters will never be broken.
Boston Celtics 8 consecutive championship will never be broken.

I tend to agree. The way the games and leagues are structured now, those records likely won't be touched.

Since the onset of Free Agency and/or salary caps in the Big 4 sports there hasn't been a team that's one more than 3 titles in a row.

-DiMaggio. Nuff said.

-Nolan's strikeout record is safe. First of all he had the stuff to do it, but he also pitched in a different era. He pitched more often, with less rest and ate up innings. He was a real workhorse. He pitched as a starter for nearly 27 seasons (was in the bullpen with the Mets).

7 no-hitters is too tough to beat. I don't see that one going away either.

-Pete Rose's hit record will also be safe.

- Hank Aaron is also still the home run king to me. I only wish that Ken Griffey Jr. could've stayed healthy during his run with the Reds or else he may have had a very likely shot of being the home run king.

Baseball records are the most fun because there's a stat for everything.

I question if there is such a thing. I mean, the drugs just get better, and once humans start genetic engineering...

As far as I'm concerned, Hank is still the king of home runs.

Hank Aaron is also still the home run king to me. I only wish that Ken Griffey Jr. could've stayed healthy during his run with the Reds or else he may have had a very likely shot of being the home run king.

I can definitely respect your opinions, and in no way am I trying to condone anything Barry did or didn't do. All I'll say is this, even if we erase everything he did in the 2000s, he could've still retired as arguably the best to ever play the game.

Again, it's not right, but I don't know how many pitchers were on stuff too. I also don't think the man ever saw more than 2 or 3 legit pitches a game during that time, and when he did, it was out of the park. I'm not sure steroids had any effect on that aspect of it, or his ability to hit. I think it allowed him to play longer but if you give anybody PEDs they just become more of what they are. A vast majority of the guys caught were just marginal players nobody cared about, obviously if you give someone who already has HOF talent PEDs, they're going to do amazing things.

But I understand the disdain and stigma, and it doesn't help he was never a chummy guy to begin with, I just hate that this overshadows his whole career now basically. Someone who should've been a first ballot Hall of Famer relegated to the back of the line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"