The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

I agree, at this point it is ridiculous. I understand our committment to Israel, but there comes a time where you must use that reliance to further peace, and funding Israel to continue down the path they are on is not going to even get close to peace. AND Israel hasn't just broken US Law, it has broken International laws as well. At the VERY LEAST they could open a secure corridor for help to get into the people of Gaza.

I wonder if this situation will break the international criminal court. Recall the the ICC issued an arrest warrant for Putin one or two years ago.

If it issues arrest warrants for Netanyahu, then the US and EU will shut it down. Israel has said it will punish the Palestinian Authority as retribution if there's an arrest warrant on Netanyahu.

If it doesn't, the global majority will dismiss it as a hypocritical joke.

Scoop: U.S. put a hold on an ammunition shipment to Israel​

I like the idea of a cease-fire finally happening. .:)

I read these polls saying that 81% disapprove of Bidens handling of the isreal/hamas war, what exactly is he supposed to do? I am not thrilled they sent that military aid to isreal but that was as much republicans as democrats who supported that, Biden administration is walking a tight rope, trying to denounce the attacks and free hostages but Isreal really isnt listening to anyone so saying Biden is doing a poor job handling an issue he has little say over, idk, i dont see any one with rational solutions to offer up

Biden is sending weapons and supporting a far right government ethically cleansing Gaza.

You're telling me this is the moderate, centrist position?

I really dont know what people want Biden to do that goes against every other President, I saw this morning the US is delaying sending weapons and ammo to Isreal over the ceasefire collapse, the United States doesnt have much leverage over anyone over in the middle east, especially over a government dedicated to wiping out Palestine, the US is in a rock and a hard place, on one hand they have over the last 50 or more years under multiple administrations both Republican and Democrat unwaving support for an Isreali state but at the same time the massacre of innocent civilians at the hands of that very government can not be allowed to continue, but like every other soverign nation the world cant just stop them, they did have a right to defend themselves.
Whats overlooked here is Biden is doing the best he can, you think Trump would go over there and stop this? Got news for you, he would do more to help it along, the isreali government has already made comments supporting Trump, so if you think its bad now, just wait till Trump gets there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"