Uncle KD is getting a house

kainedamo

Superhero
Reaction score
So I heard back from the estate agents and they're good to let me and 3 other friends rent out a house. We can move in on Monday.

Some of you will have noticed my "should I rent? Should I mortgage?" topic. The lease for this house is 6 months, which is enough time to see how I get along, if I struggle with paying my way and stuff. I don't think I will. The rent will be divided by 4 so I'll only be paying £150 rent each month. I earn about £650 a month, so I'll have plenty left over for food, electric, gas, all that stuff. If I end up struggiling, I'll ask for more hours at work. But I think I'll be fine.

After the 6 months depending on how it works out, I'll either move back home or increase the lease.

img46f7e9f36e7a6.jpeg

There she is :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

nice... pitty you will never own it :p I should be moving in mine in a few weeks :)

So you are renting a place for 6 months.

Are you taking into account that one if not all 3 are dependable?

And do you know if any of the 3 mess up, if this will effect your credit score?

Lastly, if you or anyone can't hack it, do you know it's not always easy finding a 4th roommate? That's why it's not always good to have THAT many roommates. If they don't ALL contribute, you are f'ked.

Lastly, if you or anyone can't hack it, do you know it's not always easy finding a 4th roommate? That's why it's not always good to have THAT many roommates. If they don't ALL contribute, you are f'ked.

What he said....

You and three friends in a house? This oughta be a riot. :o

I'm sure they can hack it for at least 6 months! C'mon man, wish me luck! These are people I trust.

Yeah cause you are going to need it.

There's a difference between being optimistic and realistic. And what you have to be prepared for is one of your roommates leaving you hanging.

Honestly Kaine, this is sh't that breaks up friendships.

Sure 6 months isn't a long time and it's nice to test the waters but that 1,000 you saved. I'd keep that as savings and not blow it on anything.

Shush. Let the boy learn the lessons he now has in his path to learn.

jag

Do you know how much utilites are?

You say you make 650 a month which I'm guessing is after taxes?

So rent is 150.

You have gas, water, electricity, sewer, cable, internet and phone.

Not to mention food, transportation fees, etc.

Like I said before, you should have really looked into those fees. But from your first post, it sounds like, "Oh, we should be able to pay for it." That's just reckless.

Reckless... like Han Solo reckless? Like... SEXY reckless??!

Dude, I'm not telling you, you can't do this or you're going to fail.

My problem is you should really think about the overall picture and look things up.

And the ONLY way I'd use you and Han Solo in a sentence is if the words "not anywhere near" was between "you are" and " being Han Solo".

Edit: Hah...Greedo definitely. :up:

i make about 1200/month, rent is 300, i don't pay most utilities, I struggle most of the time.
You can make it work, but don't expect a lot left over after you pay the bills.

They have pounds in Belfast?
I thought you guys used the euro like the rest of main land Ireland. Pardon my ignocance but do they still have those divided catholic/protestant parts of belfast.

They have pounds in Belfast?
I thought you guys used the euro like the rest of main land Ireland. Pardon my ignocance but do they still have those divided catholic/protestant parts of belfast.

The south uses euros, the north uses pounds.

Catholic and Protestant areas are still divided by walls which we call "peace walls". I'll take a photo sometime.

But things are different now. We are now in peace time and have been so for the past 2 years or so. I don't think things could return to the old days at all. A stupid minority can't let go of the past, but with each passing generation those guys just look dumber and dumber. They have nothing to be angry about.

The south uses euros, the north uses pounds.

Catholic and Protestant areas are still divided by walls which we call "peace walls". I'll take a photo sometime.

But things are different now. We are now in peace time and have been so for the past 2 years or so. I don't think things could return to the old days at all. A stupid minority can't let go of the past, but with each passing generation those guys just look dumber and dumber. They have nothing to be angry about.

Good to hear :up:

Well that happened a while ago and isn't too common a thing. Especially the whole gun side of it. I don't feel too safe where I am currently to tell the truth. I don't expect much bother.

Tell us honestly.

Is it the Spider-Man kids that are making you move?

I'm sure they can hack it for at least 6 months! C'mon man, wish me luck! These are people I trust.

Good luck. Save up as much money as you can. Your "rainy day" fund should cover at least one month's rent and utility bills all on it's own. Forget about the extras like Xbox 360 & HD TV (at least until you know how well you can live with your friends). A friend I worked with lived with a couple of room mates. They discovered that NONE of them wanted to do the basic housekeeping chores like dishes. They finally ended up sharing the cost of a maid service coming in once a week to do that for them.

Do yourself a favour, make a schedule of basic chores that must get done and who's responsibility it is each week to make sure that they get done.

Dishes
Cleaning Washroom(s)
Dusting, Sweeping & Mopping

Every 6 months have a "clean out the cupboards" day, where whatever is in the Fridge gets eaten or tossed and everything in the cupboards gets taken out. Then give your fridge, stove and cupboards a really good clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"