Uncle KD is getting a house

Tell us honestly.

Is it the Spider-Man kids that are making you move?

I hope that isn't a serious question, Erz! Those kids haven't bothered me in months anyhow.

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel comfortable in the area I live in. Some of the people are strange. I get stares from men my age and older as if they're suspicious of me. I don't get it anywhere else, it's odd I'd get it in the area I've lived in all my life. I've heard from many people outside the place that if they ever drive their car through the place, the locals have themselves a good long stare. They don't like outsiders, and I guess I'm considered an outsider since I don't really have any friends there.

I'll move in w/ you, KD :o

and why did you call yourself Uncle KD? :confused: is that like a child-molester uncle?

I hope that isn't a serious question, Erz! Those kids haven't bothered me in months anyhow.

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel comfortable in the area I live in. Some of the people are strange. I get stares from men my age and older as if they're suspicious of me. I don't get it anywhere else, it's odd I'd get it in the area I've lived in all my life. I've heard from many people outside the place that if they ever drive their car through the place, the locals have themselves a good long stare. They don't like outsiders, and I guess I'm considered an outsider since I don't really have any friends there.
Or maybe cause of the way you look at their daughters? Or sons? :huh:

So I have £1070.

Tomorrow I pay first month's rent and £150 deposit, so thats £300.

Tuesday or wedensday, Xbox 360 for £280, plus Bioshock so thats £320.

Pipex broadband at £8. 95 a month.

Weekly groceries... hmm, maybe £15? Dunno... need to see how this goes to measure that.

The electric is a meter, so we just top that **** up when we need to. Can't really see that being more than £10 a week and we'd be splitting that between 4.

House hold items and appliances - I'm going to talk to the others about what we should get in for the house. I think we should get a book and dvd shelf thing in the livingroom. We can order that from Argos. We might need extra plates, glasses, cups, bowls, that kind of thing. We're gonna need all sorts of cleaning stuff like toilet cleaner, brushes, fairy liquid, etc. This will be split between the four of us. Hopefully won't cost too much.

I get payed again in two weeks, plus my first bonus which is about £100! Whoo! So yeah, I'm sure I'll do grand.

So I have £1070.

Tomorrow I pay first month's rent and £150 deposit, so thats £300.

Tuesday or wedensday, Xbox 360 for £280, plus Bioshock so thats £320.

Pipex broadband at £8. 95 a month.

Weekly groceries... hmm, maybe £15? Dunno... need to see how this goes to measure that.

The electric is a meter, so we just top that **** up when we need to. Can't really see that being more than £10 a week and we'd be splitting that between 4.

House hold items and appliances - I'm going to talk to the others about what we should get in for the house. I think we should get a book and dvd shelf thing in the livingroom. We can order that from Argos. We might need extra plates, glasses, cups, bowls, that kind of thing. We're gonna need all sorts of cleaning stuff like toilet cleaner, brushes, fairy liquid, etc. This will be split between the four of us. Hopefully won't cost too much.

I get payed again in two weeks, plus my first bonus which is about £100! Whoo! So yeah, I'm sure I'll do grand.

I like how you are assuming things will work out.

Not saying they are not but it's very stupid to assume, bills will be this much without knowing for sure.

$15 a week on groceries? I'm a member of a household of 3, hubby, myself and our 3 year old son. Groceries for us cost around $100 a week (more or less depending on how many of the occassional items we need to buy [toilet paper, dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent - we buy bulk])

Now divide that by 1/2 for 1 person - $50 Canadian. Even if a pound is worth twice as much as a Canadian Dollar, that's still at least $25 dollars a week to allow for groceries.

Hydro costs me around $40 a month
Phone bill is around $25 a month
Cable bill is around $53 a month (includes interenet connection)
Gas bill is around $100 a month

I don't have a Water bill in my current cheque book, they come in every three months, and I'm not sure what it will cost.

It costs me for me and another person around $75.00 for 3 months of water usage. So $25.00 a month.

So I heard back from the estate agents and they're good to let me and 3 other friends rent out a house. We can move in on Monday.
yes.jpg

$15 a week on groceries? I'm a member of a household of 3, hubby, myself and our 3 year old son. Groceries for us cost around $100 a week (more or less depending on how many of the occassional items we need to buy [toilet paper, dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent - we buy bulk])

If you go to a Supermarket like Iceland, Morrisons or Netto you could buy a months worth of food for £15. Thats how the Students Roll :up:

Is that raimen noodles, and generic brand food?

If you go to a Supermarket like Iceland, Morrisons or Netto you could buy a months worth of food for £15. Thats how the Students Roll :up:

I was there today.

I got a big ass pizza, 2 cartons of orange juice and one carton of apple juice, cereal, milk, and other ****, and it was like... £6 or £7 :huh:

So you have breakfast for the week and 2 lunches?

lol, yeah, I'm gonna make that pizza last!!

Seriously though, gonna do some proper shopping tomorrow. Just wanted to get my dinner tonight and breakfast for the morning. I've been running around like crazy sorting this house out. I'm exhausted.

Like I said, not that I'm dooming your experiment. But you should have had "solid" numbers to work with and not "I'm guessing ________ will cost this much."

I have no prior experience with dealing with how much oil costs per month. That will have to come with experience.

I was buying lots of **** today for the house. Mop, yard brush, plates, culteraleraly, wipes, general stuff. The rest of them were at work and gave me their money for the stuff this morning. Now I'm at work. The whole thing is very exciting. I got my stuff moved in today, so tonight will be the first night I stay over there. Whooooooooo!!

Got an Xbox 360 yesterday and played it today. Bioshock is awesome.

Wait, wait, wait...this doesn't make sense.

You have friends?

Aaaw snap son! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"