Unfunniest show / sitcom?

Thundercrack85

Avenger
Reaction score
I haven't seen any thread like this. I just saw an episode of a show called 1600 Penn. A remarkably unfunny show, that's supposed to be a comedy.

So, what's the unfunniest show that is supposed to be funny?

Two shows by a stand up comic named Byron Allen called First Family and Mr. Box Office. Both are syndicated sitcoms and yet not funny. Of course, I don't know if Byron Allen has ever been considered as funny. Both shows have familiar names among the casts though.

As for 1600 Penn, it has it's moments, but it's one of NBC's weaker sitcoms by far.

The humor of Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory escapes me. Specifically Jon Cryer and Jim Parsons, neither of whom I find remotely funny.

The Big Bang Theory. It tries waaay too hard to be "nerd-centric." Unfortunately my girlfriend loves it. Yet I'M the one commenting on a superhero hype thread :dry:

Jim Parsons is by far the least likable lead on television. He's not funny, and how he's managed to get awards for his role baffles me.

M.A.S.H. - From it's depressing theme song to having it taking place during the Korean war I don't know how this show managed to stay on for so long, one moment their cracking jokes and the next their doing surgery.

2 Broke Girls - you can only gaze at Kat Dennings for so long before you want to stick a hot poker in the eyes.

MASH is one of the greatest of all time, you heathen! :argh:

MV5BODM1Mzk1MTEzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg4MzgxNg@@._V1._SY317_CR34,0,214,317_.jpg

Those Tyler Perry shows, they always seem to popup right after something I just watched.

The humor of Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory escapes me. Specifically Jon Cryer and Jim Parsons, neither of whom I find remotely funny.

This.

All I ever hear about is how funny these shows are. Gave both a shot a year or so ago. Couldn't make it past 5 minutes of each. Just ****ing awful crap.

Two shows by a stand up comic named Byron Allen called First Family and Mr. Box Office. Both are syndicated sitcoms and yet not funny. Of course, I don't know if Byron Allen has ever been considered as funny. Both shows have familiar names among the casts though.

As for 1600 Penn, it has it's moments, but it's one of NBC's weaker sitcoms by far.

Didn't know Byron Allen produced " Mr. Box Office " and " First Family ". Those shows come on saturday afternoon in my city. " Mr. Box Office ", a bootleg " Hangin with Mr.Cooper " and "Steve Harvey " ripoff ( it actually uses the high school set from Steve Harvey ), starring Bill Bellamy, Rick Fox, Vivica A. Fox, and Jon Lovitz, and " First Family " about a stereotypical black president starring Christopher Duncan ( Braxton from the Jamie Foxx Show ), Kelita Smith, Jackee' Harry, and John Witherspoon. They're awful shows, but funny, because of how bad they are.

Jim Parsons is by far the least likable lead on television. He's not funny, and how he's managed to get awards for his role baffles me.

He is exactly why I don't like The Big Bang Theory.

His complete lack of social skills and the way he lives in his own world makes him endearing. I guess that's why I find him funny.

If I had to pick Id say Married with Children. Hate that show with fiery passion.

Likes Big Bang Theory, but hates Married With Children? :dry:

YOU GO BACK TO THE HELL YOU CAME FROM!!! :argh:

:oldrazz:

Likes Big Bang Theory, but hates Married With Children? :dry:

YOU GO BACK TO THE HELL YOU CAME FROM!!! :argh:

:oldrazz:

They kicked me out. Said I was too evil even for them.:(

Those Tyler Perry shows, they always seem to popup right after something I just watched.
They're terrible.

Why... just, why.

I like Big Bang Theory. I've tried to watch How I Met Your Mother and could not get into it.

They're terrible.

Why... just, why.

I like Big Bang Theory. I've tried to watch How I Met Your Mother and could not get into it.

And Sawyer's rage commences in 3...2...1...

They're terrible.

Why... just, why.

How I Met Your Mother was funny the first 2-3 seasons but now it's kind of running on fumes.

For me, I've found 30 Rock to be kind of meh. It has its funny spots but nothing that kept me consistently watching.

Last edited:
Honestly I can't comment on modern network sitcoms because what kind of masochist still watches network sitcoms? There's nothing in that black hole of unfunny that'll ever make me laugh as hard as a 'Curb..' or 'Extras' episode (or an 'Archer' episode or a 'Colbert Report' episode or even clicking a thread in the Hype Bat-boards). I've heard moderately good things about 'Modern Family', but besides that it seems like the last brilliant live-action sitcom on network TV was 'Arrested Development' and that ended six years ago or so.

Anyway when I did watch network sitcoms (back before I had Internet or even cable TV) I remember 'Full House' and 'Blossom' being particularly wretched.

EDIT: I did like 30 Rock the first couple seasons, but it hasn't been funny for years.

the Office annoys the piss out of me...

whenever I watch it, which isn't for very long, I just find the show completely unfunny and I just want to kick the **** out of every one of the characters...

Any show with canned laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"