Until Dawn

I didn't care for it either. Its like the writers couldn't find a clever way to tie the slasher (Josh) into the disappearance of the sisters so they just went somewhere completely out of left field. But as Tron points out, it completely changes the nature of the story. It suddenly shifts from slasher movie to monster movie. The change doesn't feel natural at all. It just happens and as a result it makes the game feel very disjointed. Especially since everything Josh was doing turns out to be fake. The entire first half of the game is a prank. Then suddenly the player is thrust into an entirely different story. It is odd.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it. I just could've done without that twist. If the writers wanted to make a monster movie game, that is what sequels are for. They should've followed the "slasher movie" through to its end.

Yup.

I'm late to the party and the $20 bucks I spent was still worth it, but that genre twisting threw me off.

EDIT: replaying just to pick up the clues is real slow with all the cut scenes. I wish we could skip the "previously on..." ones at least.

Last edited:
When i was catching up to PS3/4 games, this was initially in my wishlist because I've read good things about it, but i ultimately crossed it out (in my paper) since I knew the game would stress me out.

But who knows, the upcoming remake could make me reconsider.

Third person mode sounds great. I'm not really into fiXed camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"