Official PSN Games Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
There's no thread dedicated to discussion of the various PSN titles so I hought I'd make on up. To start it up, I got an email from Sony about the PSN Gamer's Choice Awards 2011. Here are the nominees

5446679310_f2bce56f3e.jpg

Best PS3 Downloadable Game

Best PSP Downloadable Game

Best PS3/PSP mini

Best PSN Exclusive Game

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ATTR=PSU_GmersAwrds_P001_PS3_AR2_001_gamers_h

Can't believe Peace Walker doesn't make that PSP list. Definitely PSP's best game.

yeah thats quite an omission.

As far as the minis go, I hope Monstars (Probably) Stole My Princess wins. Thats a very good game. Its short but fun for a small downloadable title. Id reccommend people try that

I can't get into minis. The hassle of getting them to PS3/higher cost than apps is too much of a barrier for me to care. I hope they're taken to the next level with the NGP.

I dont use them on my PS3 (unless them come with Plus) but they are great for PSP. I prefer smaller casual games on that then full retail products, which is why they appeal to me

I was wondering if ssomeone could help me out here. I cannnot figure out how to change my country store. Does anyone know how?

Explodemon, the PSN game, people should be playing. I downloaded the demo that was put up and its amazing. Defiently reminds me of MMX in a way

explodemon-engrish-screenshot-big.jpg

Explodemon! is a 2.5D action platform game with an explosive main character. Mixing classic platforming action – from classics such as Mario and MegaMan – with the refined contemporary gameplay of Halo and Half-Life 2, it brings old-school gameplay bang up to date. Coming from Curve’s deep-seated love of video game culture and history, Explodemon! is wrapped up as a loving homage to SNES-era Japanese action games
[YT]E4avuT6S9oQ[/YT]

I downloaded Explodemon... kinda feels like a cheap rip off of 'Splosion Man. :-/

Heh, actually it was first announced a few months before 'Splosion Man :p The latter just beat it to the punch due to some financial delays and such.

I haven't gotten around to playing it much but did download it. I remember looking forward it all the way back when.

I downloaded Explodemon... kinda feels like a cheap rip off of 'Splosion Man. :-/
yeah what Tron said. This game was announced first. Having not played 'Splosion Man, the gameplays are smiliar but presentation isnt. The latter seems more silly and comedic and this doesnt have the humor but is going for a more action oriented feel of classic SNES titles. I'll pick it up when it goes on sale

Just found out this was announced at E3 but kinda got overlooked

5822367869_0c044599cf_o.png

Based on the unlockable stage from PixelJunk Shooter 2, PixelJunk Sidescroller is a complex and dynamic fluid simulation system, which fills the game world with flowing liquids and hazardous gases, while putting a new spin on arcade shooters. Blast holes in walls or use your ship itself to drill past scorching hot magma. The fluids react in real-time to the player’s actions and to other liquids, creating unique and exciting situations with every play.
Dodge flurries of alien bullets and strategically upgrade weapons as you battle your way through sweeping stages full of hazardous fluid and endless shooting mayhem.

Each player's goal is to get to the end of each level, while gathering scattered coins for points and protecting themselves from the barrage of enemy attacks. Players can look forward to brand new levels and ferocious boss attacks along the way.

KEY FEATURES

• Stages as Puzzles – Players attempt to change the terrain and environment around them to progress. It takes strategy, planning and addictive replay to succeed.
  • Vector-Like Visuals – Water, magma, metal – and many other exciting fluids – get the PixelJunk treatment. Dodge pixelated magma-splosions as you navigate your ship through various reinvented environments.
  • Customize Your Arsenal – Retrofit your ship to match your style of play on the fly by switching between sophisticated weaponry to suit your strategic needs. Search for hidden Power Up items and upgrade your arsenal of weapons to unleash massive destruction!
  • Fully Adjustable Difficulty – Fear not! Play at your own pace by choosing your preferred difficulty setting. Checkpoints are plentiful, so PixelJunk SideScroller will keep pulling you back with its bubblingly addictive gameplay.
  • Online Rankings and YouTube Uploading – Share your scores and game footage with the world.
5807531058_80d4150bca_b.jpg

5806966473_93f068147f_b.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/110/110724.html

Limbo was great. Enjoy it Playstation bros. :up:

Surprised no one in here has mentioned, let alone discussed games like Journey and Papo & Yo.

I'm super happy Limbo is on its way, I've always thought it looked amazing.

Journey, again, will be amazing, but Soap's right I'm REALLY looking forward to Papo & Yo.

Sony Investing $20M in PSN Exclusives

Sony today announced a three-year, $20 million dollar investment plan to support development of PlayStation Network exclusive titles spanning its first-party portfolio as well as Pub Fund, a programed aimed at independent developers.

"PlayStation Network is poised to deliver an enviable line-up of exclusive and imaginative games this year, with highly anticipated first-party titles like thatgamecompany's Journey and PixelJunk Sidescroller," said Brandon Stander, director of PlayStation Network marketing at SCEA.

"We're doubling down on PlayStation Network software, and under this additional investment over the next three years, we anticipate a steady flow of high-quality titles that can't be found anywhere else."

Four announced games that are part of this investment so far include: Eufloria, Okabu, PayDay: The Heist, and Papo & Yo.

Pub Fund was first announced at the Game Developers Conference in 2009. The program provides indie developers funds to create exclusive titles for PlayStation Network.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181954p1.html

It's obviously not a PSN exclusive game, but 7.99 for Burnout Paradise has been calling me for awhile now and I finally pulled the trigger. I played the hell out of the game for the 360 and sold it a year or so ago. Such a fantastic game at a ridiculous price was too much for my weak self control.

If anyone here has not played Paradise I highly suggest you do so, 8 bucks for the game (bundled with the booster special and time saver DLC) is a steal and all the DLC is dirt cheap too.

Im LOVING Pacman! So glad I picked it up in the recent PSN sale. Im surprised with how many different options this thing has and how much fun Im having with this franchise which goes back 30 years. Its highly addictive and I like the HD makeover

Well Sideway came out today? Anyone get it? Just played the demo and the game is better than it looked in the trailer. The art style is very good and the gameplay is fun.

Well, I was playing Skyrim a few days ago. I punched a sick woman on accident and I was arrested. I served my time because I ran out of lock picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"