Up to 200 "superheroes" are currently operating in the US

I feel embarassed after watching those..

B.. Are you Shadow Hare? :p

I felt embarassed for the person dressed up like that in public claiming to be a superhero! You'll notice that every single one of his little playgroup have never even heard the word 'gym'.

Unfortunately I'm not Shadow Hare & I can prove it as I have more than 1 brain cell..

I think these wannabe superheroes are forgetting an important thing.

The reason comic book superheroes wear costumes and hide their identities is because they are so effective at stopping crime that if the criminals knew who they were, the criminals would stop at nothing to attack the heroes in their private lives and their loved ones.
These regular, unpowered real-life "heroes" don't have any reason to worry about crime bosses hunting them down because of their "success" at stopping crime. Nor should they think that their costumes cast fear into the hearts of criminals like Batman.

The one possible exception could be a real-life hero whose costume is high-tech military combat armor and a helmet. If some guy was essentially bullet-proof thanks to expensive military tech and had the appropriate combat training, then I could maybe see him being effective against street crime as a vigilante to a certain extent.

But all the guys who could fit the bill are already soldiers in the military and have better things to do than run around dark alleys at night looking for muggers.

I completely agree with everything you've said. :up:

I've heard about these guys before on Youtube. One guy (Who was way too out of shape to be doing this) did nothing but drive around all day with a police radio, BUT he refused to actually go do anything because interfering with police work is against the law. So basically, he does nothing but drive around and wish he was a superhero.

Most of the others I've seen just do charity work dressed in a costume, secret identity and everything. But...what's the point of that? You certainly don't need a secret identity for charity work. But I guess Kick-ash is a decent reminder as to why no one should actually try to stop crime in the traditional super-hero sense. (I've also noticed that vigilantes in real life tend to work in groups. Can't say I blame them)

I considered something like this earlier this year when I was robbed. See, the section I was at is both on the way to a rehab clinic and on the way from a jail. So there's always shady people, sometime asking for money, sometimes robbing people.

So I though I could adopt an identity, and just keep watch on the area. Not to fight people or anything like that. Just vigilance. But I am a coward, in no fighting condition, and kind off too poor to buy most serious protection gear. In the end, I figured having a huge dog would be the wisest tactic, as a huge dog would be a smarter, stronger, braver extension of my will. But I didn't have the means to have a huge dog, so I dropped the idea altogether.

I do not believe going out and punching gang members would solve things, but at least where I live, It would make a difference if some third party would vigil the less secure areas. Over here, crime's become kind of the rule rather than the exception in some places. A local drug lord sets up shop in a hamlet and thus he "owns it". Buys the silence of the hamlet with free washing machines and bicycle for the kids. Little boys grow up wanting to be Drug Lords and little girls grow up wanting to be a drug lord's wife. And it's become normal, so when someone's son, or daughter is slain on the street, we just let out our sighty catchphrase and move on, never acknowledging the source of things.

So even if people aren't gonna be, you know, hunting Tony Zucco down dressed in a Domino mask, it's never bad that folks in the civil society are outraged and bothered by crime, even if it manifests in ridiculous uses of spandex. It's better than apathy, right?

my take on it is this:

don't even bother fighting crime if you don't know martial arts (preferrably, several forms of it) and aren't in top physical shape. Money helps too

I truely feel that Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris were/are the only capable humans on the planet of puting on a costume and fighting crime

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"