Upcoming Comic Book Movie Schedule (2013/2014)

It's completely unfair to compare a single franchise, like the Avengers, to 3 of Warner Bros biggest franchises.

Harry Potter is a done deal and old news. WB won't be making much from that franchise anytime soon.

The Hangover is going to get old the third time around and they'll be lucky to squeeze 2 more successful films from it.

The Hobbit is big without a doubt but you only get 2 successful films from it.

With Avengers, Disney can expect 3 or 4 Avengers movies worth a billion each plus toy sales. Then you have Iron Man 3, Thor 2/3, Captain America 2/3, Ant Man, Black Panther which will ultimately bring in alot more money than either the Hobbit or the Hangover ever could as a single franchise with only 2 more movies to offer.

You do realize the difference between WB and Marvel Studios is that WB operates outside the superhero genre and releases alot more titles in one year than Marvel Studios, right? Overall, Marvel Studios can't compete with WB as a whole.

Harry Potter was merely an example.

Iron Man 3, Black Panther, Captain America 2, Thor 2 and Ant Man (mark my words) will not make more than 3,500,000,000 in total. The Hobbit will be a massive franchise for WB. Count on it. It's on par with Harry Potter.

The Hangover franchise has made a billion already. Whether or not it'll make another 500-600 million, that's another story BUT it's highly probable considering the popularity of the franchise.

Right now, WB is diving into the novel verse to pick up more cash cows, and eventually it'll stumble upon another Hobbit, Dark Knight, or Harry Potter. So trust me, Marvel Studios can't compete with WB at the end of the day.

CBM-wise, yes, Marvel Studios is cleaning house but what will happen on the day when the superhero genre is overexposed/saturated? Who's going to take the bigger hit? WB or Marvel Studios?

Iron Man 3 5/3/13
Man of Steel 6/14/13
The Wolverine 7/26/13
Thor 2 11/15/13
Ninja Turtles 12/25/13

Captain America 2 4/4/14
Amazing Spider-man 2 5/2/14
Marvel Untitled 5/16/14
X-men First Class 2 (no date yet)

I left out the lesser known comic book movies. What superheroes do you hope will be added to the schedule?

I'm curious as to why Marvel is releasing it's mystery project two weeks after the Amazing Spider-Man sequel. Two weeks is definitely some breathing space but it still seems like they are competing with themselves to some degree.

I'm looking at this old magazine from 2002 and on one of the pages it says "Get ready for hollywoods biggest summer". Compare what we have this year to it's list:

Spiderman
Minority Report
Star Wars Ep 2
Scooby Doo
Austin Powers Goldmember
Men in Black 2
Signs
Road to Perdition
XXX

I know they're not superhero flicks but it's interesting compare how the superhero genre has really come along since then.

Judge Dredd anyone? :dry: I mean really, they need to put out a trailer for that movie already. Everyone seems to have forgotten about it.

Dredd comes out in September.

Iron Man 3 5/3/13
Man of Steel 6/14/13
The Wolverine 7/26/13
Thor 2 11/15/13
Ninja Turtles 12/25/13

I didn't realize 2013 was stacked. I think Sin City 2 could be ready by the end of 2013.

Iron Man 3 5/3/13
Man of Steel 6/14/13
The Wolverine 7/26/13
Thor 2 11/15/13
Ninja Turtles 12/25/13

Captain America 2 4/4/14
Amazing Spider-man 2 5/2/14
Marvel Untitled 5/16/14
X-men First Class 2 (no date yet)

I left out the lesser known comic book movies. What superheroes do you hope will be added to the schedule?

I find it odd that there's only one movie out of those that I actually have down as "OMGCANNOTMISS!!!!" The others I'll probably see if I care enough or on dvd like I did with Iron Man, Thor and Cap...

I hope to god Ninja Turtles is good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"