US Soldier Waterboards 4-Year-Old Daughter For Not Knowing Alphabet

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
Joshua Tabor admitted to police that he used a CIA torture technique on his 4-year-old daughter because he was angry she couldn’t recite the alphabet. (h/t The Political Carnival)

As his daughter ‘squirmed’ to get away, Tabor said he submerged her face three or four times until the water was lapping around her forehead and jawline.

Tabor, 27, who had won custody of his daughter only four weeks earlier, admitted choosing the punishment because the girl was terrified of water.

…

Tabor, a soldier at the Lewis-McChord base in Tacoma, Washington, was arrested after being seen walking around his neighbourhood wearing a Kevlar military helmet and threatening to break windows.

Police discovered the alleged waterboarding when they went to his home in the Tacoma suburb of Yelm and spoke to his girlfriend.

She told them about the alleged torture and the terrified girl was found hiding in a closet, with bruising on her back and scratch marks on her neck and throat.

Asked how she got the bruises, the girl is said to have replied: ‘Daddy did it.’

During a police interview Tabor allegedly admitted grabbing his daughter, placing her on the kitchen counter and submerging her face into a bowl of water.

Sergeant Rob Carlson said the punishment was carried out because the girl would not recite the alphabet.

http://www.alan.com/2010/02/07/us-soldier-waterboards-4-year-old-daughter-for-not-knowing-alphabet/

That's one way to celebrate your custody victory.

Read about it this morning.. when are we going to see a story about a nice and calm US soldier..?

[A];18044255 said:
Read about it this morning.. when are we going to see a story about a nice and calm US soldier..?

pff...where's the story in that?

...:csad:

OMG I hope the mother is not a drug addict or an abuser like the dad is.
Hopefully she can find a good home with someone :(

OMG I hope the mother is not a drug addict or an abuser like the dad is.
Hopefully she can find a good home with someone :(

Seeing as how he got custody of her, the mother could be worse than he is. Why in the hell would you water-board a 4-year-old?

Seeing as how he got custody of her, the mother could be worse than he is. Why in the hell would you water-board a 4-year-old?

Yeah I fear for that 4 year old :(

In this case, the "dad" thought the kid was dumb

Ugh, we really need parenting permits. Too many idiots having kids

If I ever become a politician I'll definitely lobby for a Parenting Entrance Exam.
If you fail you will never be allowed to become a parent.

I'm serious. As totalitarian as it may seem. People are getting stupider.

EDIT:

They sould have psyche profiles him before giving him custody of the child

Last edited:
A different article on ABCNews indicated he won custody from the childs grandparents who were previously taking care of her. No word on the mother, but it's possible she is not alive. Ugh. I don't even know what to say about this.

If he's still active in the military he should be dishonorably discharged and a platoon should kick the living daylights out of him.

Last edited:
maybe he's suffering from PTSD or some other post-war illness?

I hope the girlfriend gets charged too. Unfortuantly there going to more of these types of stories, he didn't get attention til he went around threatning people

What kind of man would waterboard a 4-year-old, esp. if that child is his daughter? This man should not only have this custody taken away, but he should spend a long time in jail.

I hope the girlfriend gets charged too. Unfortuantly there going to more of these types of stories, he didn't get attention til he went around threatning people

It would be a waste of time to press charges on the girlfriend. She is not responsible for the actions of another adult.

She didn't prevent it, and he was subsequently charged, she might not be an accessory, but she let it happen. That ahole that had that girl held up in that backyard dungeon, his wife got charged too, and if its a felony...which torture is, she sure can get a piece too.

Why?

Reading between the lines on that article it looks like the police came out because she looked to report it.

She didn't prevent it, and he was subsequently charged, she might not be an accessory, but she let it happen. That ahole that had that girl held up in that backyard dungeon, his wife got charged too, and if its a felony...which torture is, she sure can get a piece too.

She did her job, she reported it to the police when she found out. Besides, ever think that this could have happen when she was work?

Someone needs to waterboard this bastard.

sounds like a case of "broken joe" syndrome.

Stories where a soldier does ****ed up things basically makes people's brains implode, since we're in a current era where badmouthing the military is a no-no. The guy is serving his country yet in the same breath you want him to suffer. Quite a conundrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"