USA's ''Shooter''

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
[YT]X2x6IR3FhbQ[/YT]

SHOOTER is an uncompromising exploration of the definition and evolution of a hero. Ryan Phillippe (“Secrets and Lies”) is a producer on the project and will star as Bob Lee Swagger, an expert marksman living in exile who is coaxed back into action after learning of a plot to kill the president. Omar Epps (“House”) plays Isaac Johnson, an ex-Marine and former commanding officer of Swagger. Now a Secret Service Agent, he solicits Swagger’s expertise for a clandestine operation that has disastrous results

So they are just going to tell the movie's story over 13 episodes?

Hopefully it is actually good like the book and not terrible like the movie.

Not sure when this was premiering but it seems they have pushed the released date due to the shootings that took place in Dallas

Is that the actress who sucked as Amanda Waller on Arrow? Yeah, I definitely won't be watching this. Hated the movie; one of the most generic pieces of action garbage I've ever seen.

Ryan, I like you man, but you need to save yourself before its too late.

‘Shooter’ Gets November Premiere Date On USA Network

USA Network has set a new premiere date for its thriller drama series Shooter starring Ryan Phillippe. The series, based on Stephen Hunter’s novel Point of Impact and the 2007 Mark Wahlberg film Shooter, is now slated for debut on November 15, about two months after its original premiere date.

Thought it was a pretty decent pilot.

I liked it... Ryan Phillippe makes for a likeable patsy in the plot... I loved how the real shooter had Bobbie under surveillance the entire time... and it was good to see Eddie McCormick from Warehouse 13 in this, though I get the vibe of him being a prick here...

The series seems like a blend of the movie, book and its own thing. The whole Russia/Ukraine plot might be interesting.

btw. Odd choice making him a family man.

I liked the pilot, it was familiar obviously but added enough differences to keep things intriguing, and I thought they did a good job of showing Bobby Lee's skill set as well as his family life to make him an empathetic hero, aided by the fact Phillipe is an underrated actor.

Solid 2nd episode, really starting to enjoy this,thought Tom Sizemore was a welcomed addition to the show,id say my only complaint is I thought Bobby got out of prison fairly easily and quickly,but I understand that there are only 13 episodes this season.

Solid 2nd episode, really starting to enjoy this,thought Tom Sizemore was a welcomed addition to the show,id say my only complaint is I thought Bobby got out of prison fairly easily and quickly,but I understand that there are only 13 episodes this season.

yeah, he got out of that prison facility WAY too fast and easy... they could have done the escape in one episode, but they could have made it a bit more challenging for Swagger... other than that, a pretty good followup episode from the premiere... damns, I loves this conspiracy s**t...

The show is great! Ryan Phillippe fits the role of Bob Lee Swagger really well (which was a pleasant surprise, as I didn't get that vibe from the trailer). Cynthia Addai-Robinson was a great casting choice as Agent Memphis.

:hmr: The FBI agent gear looks good on her. She's wearing those jeans.

tumblr_oh2jvbLeD71tyxw0wo1_1280.jpg

Save

lol, Randy Orton showing in last nights episode up took me by surprise.

Good... it's not a bad show TBH.

No,its been a pleasant surprise.

I've REALLY been getting into this show and I'm glad it's earned a second season... Ryan Phillippe AND his character of Bobby Lee are both likeable...

I thought the same thing, he held his own against Philllipe, and looked somewhat comfortable

Yeah, comfortable is a good word for it, he seemed at ease with the character.

Season finale is upon us

[YT]9h5kc9WGUHc[/YT]

This show really turned out to be great.

It has been a damn fun watch. was unsure that they could drag out the film plot into a decent enough show run, but they've done just that I for one enjoy spotting the moments in the show that are taken directly from the movie.

I think the only 'issue' I have with the show is the fact that Netflix mute the F-Word, but keep it in the subtitle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"