Uwe Boll dipping a toe into game development

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Thursday 26-Jul-2007 10:06 AM
Boll's Vietnam War movie Tunnel Rats to be turned into a first-person shooter
Uwe Boll, who has had an, ah, interesting, track record in bringing videogame franchises to the silver screen, is now dipping a toe into game development.

According to >a report on GameDaily.biz, the director is financing development of a first-person shooter based on his Vietnam War movie Tunnel Rats.

Development of the game will actually be handled by German studio Replay Studios, and is planned to release on PC and Xbox 360 alongside the film next year.

"The game mainly takes the setting, atmosphere and philosophy of the movie, and tells the parallel story of different characters in a similar situation," Marc Moehring MD and co-founder of Replay Studios has explained.

"Like the film, it is very dark, violent and dirty, and depicts war as the madness that it is. In the end, it's all about survival in a situation where everything you know and believe in goes to hell, and a fight for an impersonal goal becomes a very personal experience, one that changes you forever - if it doesn't kill you."

The game features ten levels and 12-plus weapons, and while there's jungle-based action much of the gameplay unsurprisingly revolves around stalking through tunnels and sneaking up on Vietcong holed up in bunker complexes.

We also get the impression it won't be pulling punches on the violence side, GameDaily.biz explaining, for example, that players will be able to slice the ears of enemies and keep them as trophies and clear out underground areas with a flamethrower.

As events play out, the lead character, a young G.I. who escapes from a prisoner of war camp, will slowly be driven insane by the horrors of war.

Does this guy actually think he has talent, or is someone close to him saying "o dont worry about how every one has hated all of your movies, your doing a good job"???

first horrible movies based off games. Now horrible games based off movies. Whats Next

Just imagine what will happen when he tries to make a movie based off fo a HORRIBLE game, so far all the video game franchises he has touched have only been average at best.

I don't understand how he keeps getting jobs. Do his movies really make any money? I don't think I've ever heard of one staying in the theater for more than a week, if they bothered to show it at all.

Just imagine what will happen when he tries to make a movie based off fo a HORRIBLE game, so far all the video game franchises he has touched have only been average at best.

The first Alone in the Dark game is excellent

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"