Val Kilmer vs George Clooney

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
Forget Bale vs Keaton debate for sec, if Kilmer and Clooney fought who would win as Batman?

i'll go for kilmer,i just liked his batman better

I voted for Kilmer, but Clooney could have been amazing had he been given the proper material to work with.

Val Kilmer.
kilmer.jpg

He's the ICE MAN, damn it!

Val Kilmer.
But mainly because BF is slightly better (or less worse) than B&R, in my opinion, of course.

I hated Kilmers Batman voice. I vote Clooney.

Clooney would have been great if he was allowed to be. his voice, his charm as bruce, PITCH PERFECT. It's his batman that was ****ed up.

Kilmer easily. If he had better material to work with he could've nailed it.

Val - I actually thought his Batman/Bruce Wayne was pretty good.

Val Kilmer is the only guy tough enough to follow Keaton, I always felt. Although his performance was pretty off, the potential was there.

The really sad fact is they are two great actors but they never really grabbed the role

Val would own him big time! Clooney's Bats would be fumbling with his bat-credit card and get cold-cocked! Val is my second fave next to Bale. Still very much enjoy BF.

I remember watching ER years ago and seeing Clooney in it for the first time ...

_231523_george_clooney_in_er_150.jpg

... and I almost instantly thought, "that guy would make a fantastic Bruce Wayne". He just personified that kind of look that I always associated with Bruce Wayne, especially from what I had seen in comics around that time.

Then he got cast in possibly one of the worst films ever, and certainly the worst Batman film. I still don't blame Clooney though - he's proven since then he is a decent and versatile actor - ..... if he had had the right material and the right director, it could have been good.

Gaz

Clooney was a TERRIBLE Batman himself. It is not just Schumacher's fault.

Yes, but in fairness - he was directed to play a campy, humourous Batman with various one-liners thrown in for good measure. In a shiny Batman suit with nipples. The script and storyline were both written like a light-hearted comedy rather than a dark and brooding film like Begins.

Clooney has shown that he can do dark material and be serious (just look at him in Syriana, does he smile once?) ......... so I think he could have done Batman justice if the film had been directed that way.

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"