Van Damme and Lundgren in "Universal Soldiers"

ferret

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13118

First Look: Van Damme and Lundgren in "Universal Soldiers"
04-21-2009

112d2s0.jpg

IGN got their hands on the first look at Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren in the upcoming "Universal Soldiers: A New Beginning." Click on the link below to check it out.

The film is a sequel to the 1992 movie that revolves around Luc Deveraux (Van Damme) and Andrew Scott (Lundgren) who were killed in Vietnam and are reanimated by the army to become near-perfect soldiers.

The new movie is about a crazed Chechen nationalist, Basayev, who seizes control of Chernobyl, site of the infamous nuclear meltdown, and threatens to unleash a radioactive cloud unless his nationalist blackmail demands are met.

Luc Deveraux (Van Damme) joins a US team of revived UniSoldiers secretly held in deep storage. Their mission: retake Chernobyl and disable explosives that will unleash the radioactive clouds. Luc is surprised when he finds one of the reactivated UniSoldiers is a clone of his old Sergeant, Andrew Scott (Lundgren). But the cloned Andrew has no recollection of Luc.

As the team furiously battles its way into the Chernobyl plant, they are caught off guard. Using a mind-control chip, Baseyev turns Andrew against his own comrades. Now surrounded, wounded, and out-numbered, Luc must battle Andrew, and save the world.

"Universal Soldiers: A New Beginning" is directed by John Hyams, who is the son of Peter Hyams (Timecop). The film recently wrapped principal photography in Bulgaria. There is still no word on whether it will go straight to DVD.

Can't wait! It looks like it will be a lot darker than the first movie though which is a shame because the first one was hilarious

2hn8f43.gif

Can't be worse than the sequels...those were absolute ****.

I own and enjoy the first film, the fact that this has the two leads returning...I'll definitely rent this.

I just hope it's a fun movie...

I'll watch it for Dolph.

"Can you hear me?"

Didn't they...you know...hate each other? :huh: Remember when they got into a fist fight at Cannes? lol.

This is the most bizarre news ever, did these guys run out of money or something? Next thing they will be making a new punisher with Lundgren

holy ****. this is literally one of the last things i would expect. a remake wouldn't surprise me at all, or even a really lame dtv with CW actors...but this? f*** it, i'll see it.

This is the most bizarre news ever, did these guys run out of money or something? Next thing they will be making a new punisher with Lundgren

They both have been making dtv films for a decade or more now, so a sequel to a successful theatrical film they had in their prime should be an obvious choice for these two desperate action stars.

So let me get this straight. If they don't agree with the evil dude's demands he will unleash global warming?

I would've been all over this like 13 or 14 years ago, but after the lame sequels and the fact they're old as ****, no thanks

Loved the first Universal Soldier movie but the straight to video sequels were crap & then Universal Soldier: The Return came out, & brought back JCVD & it was a cool action movie but the ending was a little meh. It's great that there doing an official third movie though.

Hell why not. Ya can't blame them for needing the money or whatever the motive is. I thought JCVD was going to make a decent comeback with his last movie JCVD as I thought it was pretty good. It can't be anyworse than Starship Troopers 2/3 or Lost Boys 2,can it:whatever:

Yknow, that doesn't sound that out there after War Zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"