Van Damme and Lundgren in "Universal Soldiers"

I am sooo into this in a big bad way. This has the potential to be pure action gold!

I... have no idea how to respond to this news. I loved the original when it came out, but I was like...12 back then. I never bothered with the sequels.

Hey, anyone else think that Lundgren could actually make a killer Red Skull? If this film resurges his career a bit, you never know what could happen. He's a little old now, but most of the film he'd be wearing a mask.

Whoa, this is shocking! :wow:

Please please please go to the theater. :o

You know, I find it kind of amusing that people bash Van Damme. But I've always liked the man and he has more talent than people realize. Don't believe me? Watch JCVD which is very different than any other Van Damme movie.

He's been through a lot in his life and looking at him you can tell that he's aged really, really bad due to the drugs, the different women, and the abuse of alcohol took its toll on him. I've always wanted to see him make a comeback of some sort into theatres. He's improved as an actor and I think it would be great if he did a film that brought him back into the big times again.

he said no to expendables but then did this?

Lol. I thought this was a thread about the first Universal Soldier. Ill probably check it out for Dolph. I haven't been too pleased with Van Damme's recent movies to be honest.

I still remember the ear necklace!

So if this is a direct sequel to Universal Soldier, then that means that Universal Soldier: The Return is either set after this movie, or is simply ignored.

Should be good though, Dolph is looking in good shape.

Would love to see a Dolph Lundgren Duke Nukem movie.
It would blow balls like never before!

What?!? Don't get me wrong, I loved the first movie, but the fact that this is actually happening, it kinda blows my mind. How was I not aware of this project at all until now!

EDIT: and directed by the son of Peter Hyams?!?!? Oh Christ!

Last edited:
threatens to unleash a radioactive cloud unless his nationalist blackmail demands are met.

ASiangoWOO.gif

Im not sure how I feel about this. Loved the first Universal Soldier but hated the sequel. I only hope this is at least ok.

I loved VD when I was younger but I always thought that he really didnt have any real talent, however I saw the trailer for "JCVD" and it really interested me. I guess I have to check that movie out.

I'll watch it for Dolph.

"Can you hear me?"

''I'm all ears.''

I actually got quite a surprise upon seeing this thread. The last bit of news I heard on the movie was ages ago and involved Van Damme trying to talk the producers into bringing Dolph back; something they were seemingly reluctant to do.

I'm glad they obviously changed their minds, as without Dolph - I wouldnt be interested in this movie in the slightest.

Dolph rocks.

Oh yes, this reeks of awesomeness.

This Universal Soldier series has lived as a result of 1 fact. It is so bad, its good. :up:

It was also directed by a Roland Emmerich that hadnt yet developed a fetish for directing disaster movies.

If he was to make U.S. now, the Hoover Dam sequence would probably have ended with it either crumbling or blowing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"