"Veep" starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus on HBO

I'm so happy the show is back! But it's the last season :(

Amy chewing out the anti-abortion picket line gave me life.

I still think somehow Jonah will stumble his way into the Oval Office. Was waiting for it to be revealed that a camera would get a close-up of his words to not say, and boom, that's exactly what happened.

Hopefully Selina can keep that momentum, even though she most definitely won't. 'Man Up' sounds a lot better than 'New Selina. Now.'

Oh Gawd, Amy going full Kellyanne for Jonah...

lol I don't think I've ever been less sad about the death of a character who wasn't a vicious, GOT-esque monster...

Honestly Selina was more bothered by it than I thought she'd be, lol.

OMG...

This season has gone by way too goddamn quickly.

Very good finale. Couldn't have happened to a worse person. I kept expecting there to be a ninth hour shift that would ultimately prevent Selina from securing the nomination, but from screwing over Tom, offering to outlay gay marriage, offering Jonah of all people the Vice Presidential slot...Selina sold her soul and more to win. And to end it all in one term, too. At the end of the day, Selina got exactly what she wanted, but at the cost of everything and everyone else.

I mean, if she even got Kent to crack at the prospect of roping in Jonah, then you know you've gone too far. Even setting up Gary as the fall guy...Selina was practically the President and nothing else. She got the win, but it's pretty much hollow. That said, I was very pleased to see Sue again, since it didn't seem like we'd ever see Sufe Bradshaw again.

If we were to ever follow-up, we should get a series called Splett. Follow the adventures of President Richard Splett.

Selina's final moments getting upstaged by Tom Hanks was utterly perfect. Best surprise of the night was Sue, though. Oh how I've missed her. And how I'll miss this show. :waa:

Yeah pretty good finale. I did like that how Selina basically alienated everyone to get what she wanted. The Gary thing was unbelievable. She really didn't have anyone else? But I guess that was her definite jumping off the slippery slope. The other machinations, while still crappy, were kinda "I get it" to me. But the Gary one was cold blooded.

I did like that all the staff seemed to get a mostly happy ending, save for Gary. Surprised Amy got married though. Love that Richard got to be President and Catherine finally getting away from her mom. "Who wants margaritas?!" Also Mike becoming Walter Cronkite
Also loved Selina getting upstaged by Tom Hanks

However, I kinda wish they spread out all the machinations over a couple of eps.

Also confused about 2 things about the last season both involving Dan. 1) Why did they have Amy get pregnant by Dan just to abort it and then never have the abortion play a role in anything? 2) Why did they have Selina boink Dan and then again barely reference it (there was a small mention in the finale when they said they had to fire Dan) and then no one ever found out? I'm surprised didn't reveal it to Amy as a final twist of the knife like Walt did with Jesse about Jane.

And was Andrew the guy at the funeral who said: "Excuse me" and walked by the rest of the cast?

Good series. There was a dip in quality I forget with what season. But it wasn't huge. Hope the box set comes around Black Friday so I can get it for cheap.

EDIT: It was Andrew

Last edited:
Oh damn, I missed that. :funny:

Yeah, there was a dip in quality at some point with this show, but it still produced gold on a regular basis. Kept a lot of its brilliance, never got stale or complacent, never became a chore to watch. In the world of TV, I consider that a major win, as it's honestly quite rare.

Yeah pretty good finale. I did like that how Selina basically alienated everyone to get what she wanted. The Gary thing was unbelievable. She really didn't have anyone else? But I guess that was her definite jumping off the slippery slope. The other machinations, while still crappy, were kinda "I get it" to me. But the Gary one was cold blooded.

I did like that all the staff seemed to get a mostly happy ending, save for Gary. Surprised Amy got married though. Love that Richard got to be President and Catherine finally getting away from her mom. "Who wants margaritas?!" Also Mike becoming Walter Cronkite
Also loved Selina getting upstaged by Tom Hanks

However, I kinda wish they spread out all the machinations over a couple of eps.

Also confused about 2 things about the last season both involving Dan. 1) Why did they have Amy get pregnant by Dan just to abort it and then never have the abortion play a role in anything? 2) Why did they have Selina boink Dan and then again barely reference it (there was a small mention in the finale when they said they had to fire Dan) and then no one ever found out? I'm surprised didn't reveal it to Amy as a final twist of the knife like Walt did with Jesse about Jane.

And was Andrew the guy at the funeral who said: "Excuse me" and walked by the rest of the cast?

Good series. There was a dip in quality I forget with what season. But it wasn't huge. Hope the box set comes around Black Friday so I can get it for cheap.

Yeah... making Gary the fall guy is her absolute worst moment in her life.

Also, wondered why the guy who sent a dick pic to Ann Perkins in Parks & Rec was at the funeral... but, I guess that was Andrew.

Poor poor Gary.

Also, loved how Dan looks like Tony Stark as a realtor and his wife was born in 2019.

Finale and the season was a little rushed and a slight missing that Veep charm... but, for a show to make me laugh this hard every season until the end. Is really great, I’ll definitely miss this wonderful oddball ******* of a show.

Man I cant get over how Selina did Gary at the end.

Well at least Richard Splett finally became president.

Jonah being verbally Eiffel Tower'ed by Uncle Jeff and Selina ALONE earns the finale an A.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll be over here weeping for Gary.

I'll miss Uncle Jeff, Peter MacNicol yelling is always comedy gold

Jonah being verbally Eiffel Tower'ed by Uncle Jeff and Selina ALONE earns the finale an A.

Yes, that was awesome.

I knew Jonah would wind up as her Veep. Overall, pretty solid finale to a great series that will be missed.

It's funny to remember when the show started and I primarily thought of Anna Chlumsky as the girl from My Girl. Now I look back on My Girl and expect a Seinfeld-era JLD to pop up and berate her over the death of Macaulay Culkin.

I had little awareness of who Peggy Noonan was prior to this week, but twitter’s reaction to her bull**** pointed me in the direction of a joke VEEP made about her in the show’s penultimate episode and now I’m cackling.

I had little awareness of who Peggy Noonan was prior to this week, but twitter’s reaction to her bull**** pointed me in the direction of a joke VEEP made about her in the show’s penultimate episode and now I’m cackling.

"Oh she's a dumb ----." :funny:

I love Veep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"