Vengeance of the Moon Knight

SenseiofCheese

has been expecting you.
Reaction score
So the first issue is out in Moon Knight's new series, titled Vengeance of the Moon Knight. Spector is back in the Big Apple looking to take down the man who chased him out in the first place; Norman Osborn (who isn't trying to take him down these days). The first arc, Shock and Awe, is off to a pretty promising start in my opinion.

Written by Gregg Hurwitz and pencils by Jerome Opena!

VenenceofMoonKnight1.jpg

Just finished reading it, and HOLY **** that was a great first issue!

An AWESOME way to cast off all the baggage and BS from the last series and start anew.

Just a ridiculously well written and well paced re-introduction of Moon Knight to NYC with a great tease for the next issue. All around solid start. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Is it really that good? I stuck around the last MOON KNIGHT series until about the end of the Black Specter arc (maybe around issue #18 or so) and didn't miss it. It just read like "grim hero 101" and even the Khonshu insanity bits got old.

Considering Tigra is leading an "Avengers Resistance" to Norman Osborn's HAMMER Initiative in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE right now, it would make sense if Moon Knight helped her out or vice versa. They were West Coast teammates and infamously sided with Mockingbird when she allowed the Phantom Rider who raped her to fall to his death (something Hawkeye freaked out about at the time). One can imagine Marc would approve of Tigra's "work" with one of the Brothers Grimm recently.

I liked it. I read a good amount of the last series too and stopped around the same time.

I don't want to hype it up too much because not a lot of plot happens but this issue was basically just a big entrance back into NYC...it was just the way Moon Knight was written, his attitude. If you know all the crazy crap that went down before (carving faces off, mutilating criminals) it was very dark and lost any and all fun in my opinioin. I liked Moon Knight as a character again. It got me pumped and I hope what to come is going to be great.

Good issue, cool new suit. I'm pretty ambivalent about his mental state atm. He seems too sane for Moon Knight. I liked the identity crisis of the first series and the mental breakdown of the last one, so I'd like to see him go nuts again. All in all, I'll stick around for this. :up:

If the first issue is an indicator Moon Knight is ****ing back. I was so sick and tired of his psychopath portrayal and its great to see him finally going back to what it means to be a super hero. That opening with him stopping the bank robbery was awesome and that last shot with you know who was freaking incredible. I can't wait for the next one.

Kinda new to Moon Knight. I checked out the Vol. 1 TPB of the last series and couldn't finish it, actually. I thought it was trying too hard to be grim and gritty and call me crazy, but I didn't care for Finch's art at all either.

That said, I LOVED this issue. Opena's artwork is top-notch, better than his Punisher work that he did. Hurwitz is a great writer, but i hope this arc doesn't fall apart like his Punisher run did. I'll definitely be sticking with this, but I do hope they don't have rotating artists on this. I'd like Opena to stay on this series for a while.

Huston (I think that was his name) pretty much spat on every part of Moon Knight that I liked and ran it through the muck. There's nothing wrong in exploring his darker side but they turned him into a completely unlikeable ******* and pretty much there was nothing of the former character left in his portrayal.

That being said, as f'd up a time as it was I'm glad they're referencing it in this new series and actually using to some benefit in giving him an internal problem to struggle against. I hope Marc stays on the side of angels this time.

Huston (I think that was his name) pretty much spat on every part of Moon Knight that I liked and ran it through the muck. There's nothing wrong in exploring his darker side but they turned him into a completely unlikeable ******* and pretty much there was nothing of the former character left in his portrayal.

That being said, as f'd up a time as it was I'm glad they're referencing it in this new series and actually using to some benefit in giving him an internal problem to struggle against. I hope Marc stays on the side of angels this time.
I have a feeling people would've liked it more if he wasn's a complete *******. I mean, he was a jerk to Frenchie and Marlene for no reason. :confused: But when he pwned Stark - no, no. THAT was good. ;)

I'll have to pick this up. Love a bit of Moon Knight. :up:
Ditto.

I'd love to see Marvel run a short Marvel Madmen series with Deadpool/Moon Knight... see if it caught on. MK as the "straight" man to Deadpool's off-beat wackiness... which could change up at any point with MK going off the deep end.

Ditto plus me
The way you guys are talking about it i guess i will have to get it!
I freaking Looooovvvvee Moonie!! He's one of my all time top characters.
I got every one of his own series.they always start off strong and then end up biting.... So i guess what the hell i will give it a shot again

...... only i think i will pass the Deadpool issue if that happens.That dude i aint a fan of. sorry to all you "Poolies"

Ditto.

I'd love to see Marvel run a short Marvel Madmen series with Deadpool/Moon Knight... see if it caught on. MK as the "straight" man to Deadpool's off-beat wackiness... which could change up at any point with MK going off the deep end.

Well Deadpool has a new on going called "Team Up" where he teams up with different people every month. They need to get Moon Knight on that ****!!!

Moonknight Punisher Deadpool oneshot. How freaking sweet would that be? You get a reformed vigilante, an off the chain vigilante, and finally the most hilarious mercenary maybe ever. Done Done and Done....

Lets go Marvel

:hehe: It's gotta be done.

And I would throw Bullseye in there just for good measure :up:

Moon Knight vs. Bullseye vs. Deadpool is full of win.I haven't picked up this series yet plan to though.I'm a huge Moon Knight Fan.As stated the last series started strong but fizzled out towards the end.I hope the relaunch can help the character.

Agreed, Bullseye would be a pretty nice touch. Hes become a new favorite character of mine while hes been posing as Hawkeye.

Glad to hear this is good, but $4 is such a turnoff for me. I'll definitely pick it up on Amazon, though.

Glad to hear this is good, but $4 is such a turnoff for me. I'll definitely pick it up on Amazon, though.
Only the first issue is 4 bucks.The rest are 3.The first issue comes with a reprint of the original Moon Knight #1.

According to Marvel.com Issue 1 sold out from Diamond and a second printing has begun. Off to a good start sales wise. :up:

Wasn't feeling issue 2 from what I saw... that said I haven't got my hands on the actual book yet, just flicked through the online preview.

To me it lost a lot when Charlie Huston left and now they're left trying to get things back on track... whether you think the character was too dark or not, you could at least see a direction then. Huston firmly defined the character, if they could have worked a bit more on Spector's internal battles and have him trying to overcome this darker side of his personality which was taking over... so that he was first more erratic than just a straight-up ******* then they could have proceeded.

At this point its like they're trying to whitewash over what was whilst sticking to the basics of Osborne not liking MK, the fiasco with the registration, returning from Mexico, new character called the Profile (which to me, I would imagine works much better in Huston's gritty version).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"