Sequels venom in the amazing spiderman

When I went to see the amazing Spider-Man 2. I waited until the very end of the credits, until the screen went black. When the credits stopped and I was faced with the black screen the song "back in black" by ACDC started playing. I thought it could be a nod towards venom being in the next film as Spider-Man would be back in black. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or if it was just the cinema I was in that decided to play the song after the film.

I love Venom, but if you take Venom out of Spider-Man 3, it becomes a better film. They made a mess of him in that film.

Venom was an '80s creation which, in order to get halfway faithful, would've required another arc - the very least they could've done was to have it something to do with a John Jameson space mission, but no, even that was wasted in their shoehorning in of something that didn't fit. The studio pushed Raimi into cramming more into the movie and killing off Venom too. It isn't as good as the second, but I'd say it's on par with the first one. The Emo Peter scene works for the character because that persona is what a dweeby nerd would think is the epitome of cool. The hair is a little much, but it's only unbearable in a few shots.

They keep talking about this planned Venom film but I would much prefer a Spider-Man film where Venom is the sole villain.
Personally, I'm hoping they do a film with Brock-Venom as the villain, then Flash can get the symbiote for the Venom solo film. Maybe have Peter in the black suit for ASM3, then Brock-Venom as the villain in Sinister 6?

Amazing Spider-Man 3 - Symbiote is brought to Earth on the shuttle, attaches itself to Spider-Man - black suit... Peter gets rid of suit, symbiote attaches itself to Brock and turns him into Venom.

Amazing Spider-Man 4 - Spider-Man faces off against Venom.

I don't think it will ever be too soon to get rid of the imagine of Topher Grace as Venom, easily the worst casting choice in any superhero movie ever. A complete abomination in every way. The sooner you can put a properly done Venom on screen to rid us of that imagine, the better. I also want to see Carnage hit the big screen at some point.

Tom Hardy as Venom is the best option for the Box Office, I don't think there is anyone they could cast that would be better from a marketing standpoint. He has the acting skills and the fan following to put butts in the seats. If you want to do a Venom standalone movie, you have to get someone established.

Despite Venom being my favorite Spiderman villain I've never actually given much thought as to who should play him for whatever reason. I like some of the other choices mentioned. Jensen Ackles would be very good. Dominic Purcell makes alot of sense. Kevin Durand would be great as Venom itself, though he's not a great actor, just a solid one. Jai Courtney is another with the right look but not exactly a great actor. Personally I like Ackles the best but Hardy would easily be best for the movies success in theaters.

Ben Foster would be my top choice for Carnage. Robert Knepper, Norman Reedus would be my other choices. I'm sure there is more I could think of later.

I think they have to have Garfield in the black suit first, then it gets transferred to Brock. I agree with having one movie of Garfield in black, the next with Venom as the main villain.

As for the look of Venom, the CGI part of Spiderman 3 wasn't awful (when Topher's ******ed face wasn't sticking out of it) but I would like to see a much bigger, physically imposing, horror like version of that. Like this one and the other pictures posted earlier...

uploads_14b32e91-0b8c-46c8-9744-8039c6b7785d-venom-590x900.jpg

SMH/LMAO @ The Game or Channing Tatum. Please god no, the only thing worse than that would be bringing back Topher. Tatum may look the part but he's awful in anything that's not a comedy and The Game, do I really need to even say why he's a horrible choice? Stick to being an awful rapper, stay away from acting.

* Spider-Man goes to 'The Secret Wars' and replaces his damaged suit with a slick black suit that obeys his commands.

* On Earth Peter finds he is getting increasingly tired (black suit is using Peter as a puppet whilst Peter is sleeping).

* Peter decides to have the suit checked out, Reed Richards discovers the suit is alive and uses a sonic gun to get the suit off Peter.

* Black suit is locked in a glass cage at the Baxter Building.

* Peter and Spider-Man are antagonizing EBJ (at least in EBJ's mind).

* Black suit escapes and attaches itself to Peter.

* Peter goes to bell tower and the deafening clangs of the church bells 'kills' the black suit (not before the suit saves Peter).

* Peter is pushed onto train tracks and the scary part is his Spider Sense doesn't warn him of the danger.

* Suit is alive and has bonded itself with EBJ giving EBJ all of Spider-Man's powers plus knowledge of Spider-Man's alter ego, Peter Parker.

* EBJ/Venom terrorizes MJ.

* Climatic battle makes EBJ think he has killed Spider-Man

That is the history of the black suit/Venom.
I think a lot of that history should be built up in the spin off movie. DO NOT bog down ASM 3 or what with this complex origin.

The Eddie Brock that I'm most familiar with and thought made for an interesting dynamic is the older journalist who was always struggling in his career and an amateur bodybuilder.

Also I really hope they don't go for the "biological experiment gone wrong" approach for the symbiote, it's not as interesting.

I think Venom's size is the least interesting aspect about him. I have no problem with the Flash from ASM playing Venom.

When Brock's Venom hit the scene, I saw him as the character to fill the vacuum left when Norman Osborn's Goblin had "died." At the time, it was the perfect fusion of two characters with issues directed at Peter Parker. And because Peter had worn the symbiote as his original black suit, Venom's approach/attack wouldn't set off Peter's spider-sense.

Scorpion as Venom was a great idea. I love the Sinister Twelve storyline. It's just a limited plotline that went on for 5 and a half years instead of 1-2 stories. I give them credit for both concepts, but at the end of the day, Brock needs to be Venom in order for the character to be effective.

I think Venom's size is the least interesting aspect about him. I have no problem with the Flash from ASM playing Venom.

I think I've said in this thread that I do believe his size matters in that he should be bigger than spidey, not the same size, but not gargantuan.

I don't think the age rating should be 15, you'd be be surprised what you can get way with a 12A rating PG13 rating as the yanks call it.

really confused about what's going on with this lately

Sony is in flux with the franchise right now and there are rumors all over the board. I won't be surprised by spinoffs either coming to fruition or being scrapped altogether.

Just make spider have a black costume that Kraven takes from him to show that he is a better spider-man.Have Kraven use a dart on spider that makes spidey hallucinate,causing spider to see Kraven in his black costume as Venom.

This way it's really just one villain to focus on,but we get two at the same time.Plus it would be more believable for Venom to be from a hallucinate,than being a space alien.

What the hell was that?

I think you're pushing it a little, GoldGoblin - that idea is just outrageous, even for the casual fan.

I think it will be better to introduce the symbiote in one movie and Venom in the next; in the first, one or two villains may be used like Chameleon and/or Kraven. After that, it's pretty much a set story, or at least the core part of it is - Peter's changing emotions, Brock's misfortunes, Peter ultimately giving up the symbiote - then it makes contact with Brock, and the story goes on with the conflict between Spider-Man and Venom.

Another symbiote story will make people burned out,they already seen that in Raimi's movie.We can't keep telling the same stories.At least my way would be different from what we have seen in the spidey movies.

They ruined the Venom story. While it was awesome to see him fighting Spidey on the big screen, I'd have to say they dropped the ball big-time with him story-wise.

Venom is just a cool looking villain,he doesn't have a good story about him.Raimi basically summed up what Venom is in his movie.The only way Venom would have a good story,is if a director created one for him.

Nobody knows what to do with Venom, yet along, how to center a story around him. With that said, they should leave it alone, unless..........

The only reason Venom didn't work as a character in Spider-Man 3 was because Raimi really didn't want him in the movie. He hates the character, and when Sony forced Venom on him, he didn't care about how it affected the rest of the movie. A good writer could make an entertaining film with Venom. It's not impossible.

He is just icing on a cake,there isn't anything complex about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"