Very Frustrating Text Problem

Alexia Dark

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
So, I'm writing a script. I have all that I have written in a Notepad file on my computer. I copy and pasted it into a thread I made, only to find that all of the spaces were taken out in between paragraphs, and I ended up with a huge jumble of words. Someone suggested I copy and paste into Microsoft Word, so I did that, and copy/pasted the script from Word into the thread. Still didn't work. I tried to copy/paste into a YIM window then copy/paste into the thread. Still didn't work.

I always ended up with the same jumble of words with <p> and another one with a bracket at the end (I'm assuming that means paragraph, but why wouldn't the tags go to the right place then?)

Now, it's even more confusing because someone copy/pasted the text from the same YIM window and, using my account, put it into the thread. It worked for them. Just not for me. So it's not my account.

What is it, and do you know how I can prevent it?

Maybe its the settings on your browser or somthing then?

quick thing you could try is <p> is for paragraph yeah, <br> is for line break which will bump anything after it down one line, you could do a find and replace on <p> and replace it with <p><br> this will knock all the lines down one where <p> is....

Other than that i have no answer :)

Try saving it in Word as a Rich Text file, then close it and reopen it. THEN try copying & pasting it into your browser. This might help with some weird formatting it gets from Notepad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"