Vulture concept art

fabman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey,

I remember seeing some Vulture concept art from Spider-Man 3 on the boards... if somebody has it - could you post it, please?

Thanks...

+++ fabman

vulturesm7.jpg

Last edited:
He was going to be played by Ben Kingsley, hehe.

Would've liked to see it, but I like the movie as it is.

No black suit, Vulture and Sandman with Harry as the GG2. That was Sam's original idea until Arad and the studio had to open their big mouths.

I like SM3, but Raimi's original story would have been amazing. They still could have had Harry joining with Pete at the end, which was my favorite part of SM3.

Harry joining Pete was great. Very emotional, definitely one of the best moments in the series.

No black suit, Vulture and Sandman with Harry as the GG2. That was Sam's original idea until Arad and the studio had to open their big mouths.

I like SM3, but Raimi's original story would have been amazing. They still could have had Harry joining with Pete at the end, which was my favorite part of SM3.

Venom is better than the Vulture. The revised movie idea is much better. The Vulture's not even a threatening or interesting villain.

Agreed, i liked SM3 but the orignal ideas(Vulture and no black suit) it probably would have made SM3 overall a much much better movie.

Venom is better than the Vulture. The revised movie idea is much better. The Vulture's not even a threatening or interesting villain.
Raimi could have easily made him interesting, especially with Ben Kingsly playing him

scan0030.jpg

Ben Kingsley as the Vulture would have been a perfect choice, but I am glad that they had Venom in the film instead of the Vulture. Venom worked better IMO.

I perfer Vulture. It would have fit the classic spidey vibe that Raimi has been aiming at.I watched Spidey 1 and 2 back to back and it just has that classic spidey vibe. Vulture could have became cool if Raimi would have more reign over SM3 like he did with SM2.

ben kingsley would have been perfect, but if they bring him into a future movie i'd love to see him 'reprise' his role. in that picture it looks to me like it would have been a bald ock with wings instead of tentacles behind his trenchcoat

Harry joining Pete was great. Very emotional, definitely one of the best moments in the series.

Totally. Definately one of the best moments in the series for me as well.

As for the Vulture, I think he remains an interesting idea as a villian. I do like SM3 as it was, but perhaps they'll bring up a good concept with him in future movies.

in that picture it looks to me like it would have been a bald ock with wings instead of tentacles behind his trenchcoat

ROFL! I was thinking the same thing... Not the best sketch, but it is a concept sketch, so it's not gonna be the final deal. Usually the early concepts get reworked alot before the final version is decided on.

I do not like how the symbiote/dark Spider-Man/Venom story was handled(too rushed for Eddie Brock, too much short-changed for Venom's only fight, PLUS he died), but it was nice to see two bigger threats for Spidey and Harry(Snowboard Goblin) instead of Sandman and Vulture, which sounds more of a one-sided threat.

Now, what would work better for Vulture is him being apart of a much bigger threat as in Sinister Six because Vulture, even with his age, he's an intelligent villain and his role would work better for a team(SS) than of a little double-up.

See, reading that passage from the book enlightens the major problem with Raimi's take on Spider-Man (which I still love, regardless). While I'm no fan of the Vulture, it bothers me that he essentially dismissed the idea simply because he couldn't establish a connection between the villain and Peter. It's not necessary.

Raimi is way too hung up on these personal connections. They're great when they work (Goblin, Ock) but sometimes are really stretching it (Sandman). There's nothing inherently wrong with having a villain simply be a villain, an antagonist for Spider-Man. Someone he's just trying to stop, to throw in jail, someone inherently bad that he comes in conflict with simply because they are a criminal and he is a crime fighter. He could've made SM3 a leaner, better movie by throwing out the manufacturer hero-villain connection (Sandman) and focusing on one that has existed in the lore and makes sense on its own terms (Venom).

If they do use the Vulture in a future movie, I hope they use his design from Marvel Knights.

See, reading that passage from the book enlightens the major problem with Raimi's take on Spider-Man (which I still love, regardless). While I'm no fan of the Vulture, it bothers me that he essentially dismissed the idea simply because he couldn't establish a connection between the villain and Peter. It's not necessary.

Raimi is way too hung up on these personal connections. They're great when they work (Goblin, Ock) but sometimes are really stretching it (Sandman). There's nothing inherently wrong with having a villain simply be a villain, an antagonist for Spider-Man. Someone he's just trying to stop, to throw in jail, someone inherently bad that he comes in conflict with simply because they are a criminal and he is a crime fighter. He could've made SM3 a leaner, better movie by throwing out the manufacturer hero-villain connection (Sandman) and focusing on one that has existed in the lore and makes sense on its own terms (Venom).

I agree :up:

I think Raimi would have done a great job with Vulture. Especially with Kingsley in the role. Which would have been great I'm sure. Personally, I would have taken that over Grace as Venom to be perfectly honest.

One of the problems was the fact that every badguy was somehow involved too much with peter....., vulture would of been a better bet.

One of the problems was the fact that every badguy was somehow involved too much with peter....., vulture would of been a better bet.

if Vulture was in the film then Peter would have been the one to throw him in jail and Vulture would get out (aided by Sandman) and plot his revenge. I read that in the making of SM3 book.

if Vulture was in the film then Peter would have been the one to throw him in jail and Vulture would get out (aided by Sandman) and plot his revenge. I read that in the making of SM3 book.
To be honest thats all they needed to have Vulture work for SM3. It simple and it surely justifies him wanting revenge. Spidey busts a illegal deal, Toomes gets arrested and has to spend what little life he may have left in prison. I imagine that he is probably would have been in prison for a good part of the movie, so that would give more much needed time to focus on the other characters.

ben kingsley would have been perfect, but if they bring him into a future movie i'd love to see him 'reprise' his role. in that picture it looks to me like it would have been a bald ock with wings instead of tentacles behind his trenchcoat

^
That's why I hated that Vulture sketch.

Yea I rather see him look similar to these pics
vulture.jpg

ultimatevulture.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1