Wachowski Bros. Developing Speed Racer?

hunter rider said:
You better not leave you poohy pooh face leaverer:mad: :confused:
Pfft... Look at who made that thread and tell me you think it's real. :rolleyes::p

DOG LIPS said:
Pfft... Look at who made that thread and tell me you think it's real. :rolleyes::p
But he says things like Fiyah and Sonned how can he lie ?:eek: :(

hunter rider said:
But he says things like Fiyah and Sonned how can he lie ?:eek: :(
Oh crap.... you're right.... that means I have to leave or the universe WILL explode. :eek:

DOG LIPS said:
Oh crap.... you're right.... that means I have to leave or the universe WILL explode. :eek:

Or you could kill him with a spoon and stay,whichever is easiest:up:

hunter rider said:
Or you could kill him with a spoon and stay,whichever is easiest:up:
How about a fork so I can scream crap like "Fork you motherforker!" whilst I stab him?

On topic: What if they make the monkey cgi? :(

DOG LIPS said:
How about a fork so I can scream crap like "Fork you motherforker!" whilst I stab him?

On topic: What if they make the monkey cgi? :(
That would work and be sooo 80's action movie:( :up:

there's a topic ?:confused:

hunter rider said:
there's a topic ?:confused:
Yup: Another piece of **** movie to kill off an old franchise to try and fill studio exec's pockets with more millions.

DOG LIPS said:
Yup: Another piece of **** movie to kill off an old franchise to try and fill studio exec's pockets with more millions.

A worthy cause:up:

As long as they leave out that ****** kid and the monkey, bring it on.

*sings* go Speed Racer..go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer go!

Immortalfire said:
As long as they leave out that ****** kid and the monkey, bring it on.

*sings* go Speed Racer..go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer go!

why would you ever leave ****** kids and/or monkeys out of anything. They're the 2 things in this world that provide a near endless source of entertainment.

speedracer.jpg

BT18 said:
why would you ever leave ****** kids and/or monkeys out of anything. They're the 2 things in this world that provide a near endless source of entertainment.
Ahahaaha :D

This may be the greatest movie of all time.

You never know...

I would never in a million years would have guessed the Wachoski Brothers for this project.

I am a huge fan of Speed Racer and while I wouldn't have pick them I am very excited for one reason: The Wachoski's are A-List Directors regardless of how any of us feel about them. As A-List Directors, this should assure that this movie will get the proper budget ($100m +), and little to no involvement by the suits in the writing of the script and direction of the movie.

Also with the Wachoski Brother as directors means that this movie won't be a kiddie tongue in cheek comedy/adventure movie done by some director who greatest accomplishment was directing an episode of 24.

While I loved Speed as a kid, I have re-watched episodes recently and while there is still many cool elements of the series, there is also many goofy silly elements as well. With the Wachoskis, we will get a movie that where they will update an adaptation of the old series that will be taken seriously in its execution.

My only fear is that it could be too dark which is not what SR was, but I am confident that they realize that SR has a lighter tone than both the Matrix movies and V. I also feel that they are good enough directors to adapt their style to the subject matter.

This movie should have elements of Indiana Jones as far as the balance of adventure, humor, and seriousness of the story.

There should also be a coolness factor too that would come from the racing and car chase scenes that should includes elements of the French connection, The Fast and the Furious, and even Matrix Reloaded.

Good or not, this will be a high profile movie and I feel the Speed Racer deserves that as it has a place in Pop culture.

Mr. Credible said:
^

well said.

Thanks, now I just wonder who should be casted in various roles.

For Trixie I think I would cast Keira Knightley.

KeiraKnigh_Grani_7502878_400.jpg

For Ma Racer Joan Allen.

For Racer X it would be Clive Owen.

I have no idea for Speed at this point. Johnny Depp was my choice in the late 80s/early 90s.

Maybe Orlando Bloom but I really don't like him. Over-exposed.

they should get Renny Harlin. Driven was hilarious! :D

Never saw it, but Cliffhanger was Coooool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"