• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanted Sequel

Gotham

Superhero
Reaction score
Oooh... cool! They certainly seem to be positioning WANTED to be a tentpole franchise for them; the promotions are ramping up, with more trailers and new posters everywhere, and they're doing that cool ARG thing over at FraternityofWeavers.com that might just build up an ongoing "base group" of fans involved with the film or franchise, especially if the game ends up running for an extended period of time.

Man, I just hope the movie is as good as I'm betting it will be! :grin:

I see this sequel coming out around the same time as Catwoman 2.:oldrazz:

I see this sequel coming out around the same time as Catwoman 2.:oldrazz:

They must have a lot of faith to sign them for a sequel before the film's even released.

They must have a lot of faith to sign them for a sequel before the film's even released.

Technically, the studio could get out of that kind of thing if they really had to (example: didn't they originally have Eric Bana signed for 3 Hulk movies?), but like I said, I think they're trying to move forward early to make the WANTED universe a franchise thing for them - and I don't believe they'd make that kind of investment if they didn't think the first film was shaping up to be something special.

Technically, the studio could get out of that kind of thing if they really had to (example: didn't they originally have Eric Bana signed for 3 Hulk movies?), but like I said, I think they're trying to move forward early to make the WANTED universe a franchise thing for them - and I don't believe they'd make that kind of investment if they didn't think the first film was shaping up to be something special.

I think they did, but I think the film didn't do as well as they'd hoped, so I think they ruled that out.

I'm pretty sure they'r edoing that to hold onto the stars in case the film is a success. Personally, I hope it tanks. It'll probably do JUST well enough to warrant a sequel (ala Tomb Raider), and then the sequel will make people gouge out their own eyes...if the first film didn't do that already.

I'm pretty sure they'r edoing that to hold onto the stars in case the film is a success. Personally, I hope it tanks. It'll probably do JUST well enough to warrant a sequel (ala Tomb Raider), and then the sequel will make people gouge out their own eyes...if the first film didn't do that already.

What possible reason could you have to HOPE a film tanks?!? I mean, hoping a film doesn't do well at the box office AFTER you've seen it is one thing, but before it's even been released? "Catwoman" was terrible, and after I saw it, I was glad that it did lousy at the box office, because that meant there wouldn't be sequels. However, BEFORE it came out, I was hoping that it would turn out to be a good film and thus spawn sequels, because I loved the idea of another comic book franchise in the theaters. Same thing goes for "Wanted" - I'm hoping it'll be a great film, and if it is, then by all means, I want the studio to go forward with sequels. In this case, I'm pinning my hopes on it even MORE than usual, because it's an independent; the more independent comics that can become successful franchises for the film studios, the more those studios will realize that there's a much larger world out there than just DC and Marvel. So far, I'd say my hopes are justified - I love what I've seen so far! (BTW, if you haven't seen them, check out the Russian trailers - I think they're better than the US ones)

What possible reason could you have to HOPE a film tanks?!? I mean, hoping a film doesn't do well at the box office AFTER you've seen it is one thing, but before it's even been released? "Catwoman" was terrible, and after I saw it, I was glad that it did lousy at the box office, because that meant there wouldn't be sequels. However, BEFORE it came out, I was hoping that it would turn out to be a good film and thus spawn sequels, because I loved the idea of another comic book franchise in the theaters. Same thing goes for "Wanted" - I'm hoping it'll be a great film, and if it is, then by all means, I want the studio to go forward with sequels. In this case, I'm pinning my hopes on it even MORE than usual, because it's an independent; the more independent comics that can become successful franchises for the film studios, the more those studios will realize that there's a much larger world out there than just DC and Marvel. So far, I'd say my hopes are justified - I love what I've seen so far! (BTW, if you haven't seen them, check out the Russian trailers - I think they're better than the US ones)

I don't want the film to do well because I love the comic, and this is nothing like the comic, while claiming to be an accurate representation of the comic. That means that, if it succeeds, then the movie will comtinue, overshadowing the source material it completely ignored.

Yes. I hope it tanks.

As for sequels, I find it hilarious that they want to do a sequel, seeing as how Mark Millar said, shortly after the comic was wrapped up, that he would NEVER so a sequel. He cited the Matrix as an example of what happens then a movie has a sequel made that is far inferior to the original. It takes away from the appeal of the original.

So, now they are entertaining a sequel to a movie that doesn't follow the source material and that the creator did NOT want to continue past the original outting.

Look, you are totally apey for this film, that's cool. I hope you enjoy it. I just really loved the comic, and can't stand the fact that we're getting a COMPLETELY different story in the film than we did from the comic. Assassins instead of supervillians...curving bullets (seriously, wtf?), and side-flipping cars (again,wtf?!).....? This isn't Wanted anymore than "Miracle on 34th Street" is "Wanted".

Enjoy the film....I can't.

I don't want the film to do well because I love the comic, and this is nothing like the comic, while claiming to be an accurate representation of the comic. That means that, if it succeeds, then the movie will comtinue, overshadowing the source material it completely ignored.

Yes. I hope it tanks.

As for sequels, I find it hilarious that they want to do a sequel, seeing as how Mark Millar said, shortly after the comic was wrapped up, that he would NEVER so a sequel. He cited the Matrix as an example of what happens then a movie has a sequel made that is far inferior to the original. It takes away from the appeal of the original.

So, now they are entertaining a sequel to a movie that doesn't follow the source material and that the creator did NOT want to continue past the original outting.

Look, you are totally apey for this film, that's cool. I hope you enjoy it. I just really loved the comic, and can't stand the fact that we're getting a COMPLETELY different story in the film than we did from the comic. Assassins instead of supervillians...curving bullets (seriously, wtf?), and side-flipping cars (again,wtf?!).....? This isn't Wanted anymore than "Miracle on 34th Street" is "Wanted".

Enjoy the film....I can't.

See, this once again takes us back to the whole "judging the film before it comes out" thing - that's the only part of the statement I have a problem with. Believe me, if the film comes out with dancing Ewoks and Judy Garland singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", then yeah, I'll be praying for it to tank, too. :oldrazz: However, until I've actually seen the film, I'm willing to hope for the best. I like what I've seen in the trailers, but even if I'd HATED the trailers, I'd still wait until I'd seen the final product before praying for its death and hoping it tanks - heck, even CATWOMAN didn't draw my ire until I saw the finished product. Granted, I went into that one with low expectations based on the lousy trailer and the rumors of epically bad test screenings (I heard people were BOOING the movie with Halle Berry right there in the theater!), but even so, if it had defied my expectations and turned out to be a good movie, I would have applauded it.

Sadly, it didn't - but that's another story. :woot:

As for the sequel thing, I'll admit I'm intrigued but skeptical about it - but I'll probably have a better feel for where a sequel could possibly go after seeing the film. I'll admit, I've kinda wished somebody would revisit the "Wanted" universe - I think that Savage Dragon was the only book outside of the TPB that touched on it briefly. I know they did some sort of crossover story a couple of years back, but I haven't read it; guess I need to track it down!

See, this once again takes us back to the whole "judging the film before it comes out" thing - that's the only part of the statement I have a problem with. Believe me, if the film comes out with dancing Ewoks and Judy Garland singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", then yeah, I'll be praying for it to tank, too. :oldrazz: However, until I've actually seen the film, I'm willing to hope for the best. I like what I've seen in the trailers, but even if I'd HATED the trailers, I'd still wait until I'd seen the final product before praying for its death and hoping it tanks - heck, even CATWOMAN didn't draw my ire until I saw the finished product. Granted, I went into that one with low expectations based on the lousy trailer and the rumors of epically bad test screenings (I heard people were BOOING the movie with Halle Berry right there in the theater!), but even so, if it had defied my expectations and turned out to be a good movie, I would have applauded it.

Sadly, it didn't - but that's another story. :woot:

As for the sequel thing, I'll admit I'm intrigued but skeptical about it - but I'll probably have a better feel for where a sequel could possibly go after seeing the film. I'll admit, I've kinda wished somebody would revisit the "Wanted" universe - I think that Savage Dragon was the only book outside of the TPB that touched on it briefly. I know they did some sort of crossover story a couple of years back, but I haven't read it; guess I need to track it down!

Like I said, man, I hope you enjoy it. I'm not hating on you at all! I just can't get past the betrayal of the source material.

As for "judging it before it comes out"....if it looks like a duck, and it sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck. Same goes for crappy movies.

Either way, I hope you enjoy it. :yay:

As for "judging it before it comes out"....if it looks like a duck, and it sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck. Same goes for crappy movies.

Either way, I hope you enjoy it. :yay:

Thanks - I'm looking forward to it. I don't know how well the "duck" analogy applies to movie trailers, though - I've seen plenty of movies where the trailer was pretty bad, but the movie actually ended up being quite good ("Enchanted" comes to mind, just off the top of my head).

Of course, I've seen plenty of movies that had great trailers but lousy films as well (Spidey 3, anyone?), so I guess it goes both ways - but the point still applies about "not judging a book by its cover". :woot:

I dont wanna sequal Wanted is a awesome stand alone flick, and if they do dont just be like "uh well everyone got put into the recovery room"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"