Wanting to get back in DC

Mass Nerder

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay I haven't read anything from DC since Identity Crisis and would like to start picking up books from them again. Just wondering what you guys would recommend and whatever title you recommend please tell me a good starting point issue to begin reading. I'd like to read a Batman title and a Superman title. Do you have to read them all to follow the story or can you read only one and still understand what's going on. Anyway, thanks for all your help:hyper: :heart:

Lookin' to get back on that pogo stick eh? Maybe put on some rouge, tuck your sack back.

Okay I haven't read anything from DC since Identity Crisis and would like to start picking up books from them again. Just wondering what you guys would recommend and whatever title you recommend please tell me a good starting point issue to begin reading. I'd like to read a Batman title and a Superman title. Do you have to read them all to follow the story or can you read only one and still understand what's going on. Anyway, thanks for all your help:hyper: :heart:
It'd probably be best starting with the first One Year Later trades for Batman and Superman. Those came out just a year ago and they set up the current status quos for each of them. They're called Superman: Up, Up, and Away and Batman: Face the Face.

Ahh Face the Face when I actually thought I'd enjoy Batman again. Damn you Morrison and you're incredibly boring vision of Batman.

Don't listen to yenaled, I'm pretty sure he's British.

No I'm not - all lies. I'm as American as Apple Pie dang right. :D

After Infinite Crisis (you might want to read that though you might be pretty lost) every title jumped ahead a year thus making a good jumping on point (they explained the missing year in 52).

The OYL trades for each title:

Superman:
Up, Up and Away TPB.
Back in Action TPB
Camelot Falls TPB

Batman:
Face the Facts TPB.
Paul Dini's Detective TPB.
Batman & Son TPB.

They didn't explain a damn thing in 52. They explained the missing year for all of the characters we actually care about in those characters' own titles or in ancillary comics. 52 totally jumped the shark.

I didn't mean they explained what happened specifically to each character in 52, just the main events of that missing year were in 52.

the events are'nt even great in my opinion, average stories that could've been told in a mini.

Im looking foreward to buying the 52 paperback.As for getting into DC,i heard now is the best time.If your not a reader already...

I'm starting to remeber why I stopped reading DC. I'm so damn lost. Though I was thinking about picking up Blue Beatle. Heard nothing but good things about that book. The way people make it sound it's like a DC book for Marvel fans. And yes I know that statment is pure blasphemy. Not my words though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"