Warcraft Movie (2009) Expectations?

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by [email protected], Nov 14, 2007.

1. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

I know its a bit early for this but what are every expectations on the upcoming Warcraft Movie? What would you guys like to see? Any casting ideas etc.

See Link below:

2. Booznian The Return

Warcraft movie sounds good. It will take place a few years before World of Warcraft, which is great.
    Level 70 Night Elf Rogue.
    Level 70 Night Elf Druid.
    Up in herez!

3. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

4. Timstuff Registered

Maybe it'll be like the Dungeons and Dragons movie and be full of 1337 action scenes and have high-level humor.

5. mr. peasant Registered

I say they should've gone the route of apolitical characters such as Brann Bronzebeard (Muradin and Magni's brother) since that would allow them to incorporate characters from both sides (Horde and Alliance). And everyone knows Blizzard 'needs' to create a female Blood Elf character for the sake of the fanboys. ;)

6. Philly Phanboy LIVIN' LA VIDA PHANBOY

I'm sure that one of the Wayans brothers might be available to do Warcraft too. :cool::up:

:p

7. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Who do you guys think will play good "Heroes" in Warcraft. For example: Demon Hunter
    Arthas
    Jaina Proudmoore
    Arch Mage
    Blood Mage
    Mountain King (I find the guy the acted as the dwaft in Lord of the Rings has the Mountain King look and voice. Just Beef him up a bit)

Of course the Some the Undead and Orcs Heroes might need CGIs and make up.

8. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

I'm not entirely sure but I think the story is gonna be based on an entirely different Character (Hero)

9. Capt Throbberson Registered

The pic at the top isn't the concept art, it's just a random piece of old artwork. The concept art is Teldrassil.

10. WhatsHisFace Registered

This really doesn't need to happen.

11. Denny67 Registered

I am really hoping they can do this at a high level. The Warcraft history and storylines are so rich and well drawn out. The possibilities for a huge movie franchise is endless.

12. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Thank you for your correction. I wasnt sure I just put it up there, I'll edit it

13. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

You don't think so? I don't know man I see a lot of potential for this to be a very entertaining film. I see a lot of movies with mythical mass battles on screen and everytime I see one I keep thinking how good and even better warcraft will look on screen.

E.g. Lord of the rings (tell me those Trees didn't jog your memories back to the "Ancients" of the night elves)

Chronicles of Narnia, even 300 to some extent. Can you imagine seeing the Farseer Chain Lightning on the big screen.
    I'll agree with you in saying they don't NEED this because they make enough money with the game itself, but I for one will like to see it on the big screen

14. shapeshifter Registered

my expectation?
    Long lines at the box office made up of a bunch of fat pimply socially ******ed dweebs, in costume that have not seen sunlight since Episode 3 came out.

15. GL1 It's pronounced "glee"

I would actually enjoying seeing such a film.

16. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    It will probably suck as much as the game.

17. SouLeSS Registered

the basic story of the frozen throne was that arthas was evil...

18. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Oh naw, when I say good heroes I don't mean literally "good". I mean which "actors" do you believe will play which warcraft "hero" well. For example, lets say: John Rhys-Davies from Lord of the Rings will play a good Mountain King (Just an example)

[​IMG]

In other words I'm asking casting ideas. So anyone have any person in mind?

19. Mr.E.Nygma Registered

A movie based on a video game = no expectations if not already in the negative... :o

20. SouLeSS Registered

I think a good arthas would honestly be Vin Diesel.

Now hear me out. Think of his character in Pitch Black. He was a total badass that was just so carefree if anyone died except for maybe one person, which is pretty much how Arthas was at this time. He's fit as hell, and with the right makeup they could change his face to a very different Arthas shape (100million dollar budget = mad makeup.), and his 'acting skill' as far as him being a little ******ed would be PERFECT for the way Arthas talked in TFT.

21. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Well if you are talking about games like street fighter (which was a total disaster as a movie, I'm getting a headache thinking about it) well I will agree with you. Mortal Kombat was better than street fighter maybe not that extraordinary but still good so thats debatable.

But you see the problem with those games were their lack of depth. They are your typical "beat up your opponent" type of games and would be difficult to make movies from. But if you have ever played Warcaft I think you would agree with me that the storyline of the game has a vast depth, with different twists and turns that is very engaging to the mind and frankly very entertaining (I'm speaking about the story itself not the gameplay). The game to me plays out like a movie so I don't see why it can't make it on the big screen.

Also have you considered Tomb Raider? What's your opinion on that movie? You do know that that originates from a game also right?

22. SouLeSS Registered

What person that plays WoW doesn't know what Tomb Raider is? Seriously, that's a terrrrrible connection, cause the movies are so ****ing cheezy.

23. Mr.E.Nygma Registered

Yes to both, Street Fighter, MK (though the game is so much fun) and Tomb Raider movies sucked big time for me. I knew they were based on video games. But you stated your point clearly about Warcraft (I never played), I'm still not interested for its value as a film based on a videogame, but I respect your point of view, which is logical and calmly told. As you said, if the game is made like a movie, it helps better then!

24. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Cool! Well I guess time will tell when the movie is complete and you happen to watch it on starz or HBO or something you can judge and say whether its good or bad. As for Tomb Raider you are the second person to say it sucked in this forum so I guess a lot of people feel that way. I kindah liked it though but thats my opinion.

25. [email protected] MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Old news but I'm not sure anyone saw this before:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/1660384/