Duncan Jones' Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some shots look better than others. There are others that remind me of The Hobbit films that just looks straight video game-y. I'll wait to see how it all works out in context and is finished. Hopefully these performances are more like Gollum and Davy Jones. Noticeably CG performances but that's secondary because the performances make it first to allow you to believe in the rest.

I am tired of the troupe of blindly jumping over a cliff (in this case a balcony) only to be be caught by your flying beast of burden. Who started that? It couldn't be Avatar.

I think Games-Workshop are inventing a time travel machine right now to let the rights to Blizzard.
And in this new future, we gonna get the WH40k film from Duncan Jones, which would be the greatest nerdgasm ever. Just imagine all those insanely awesome things from that universe in Jones' hollywood big budget blockbuster. :hmr: Makes me so exited I'll have a hard time falling asleep tonight.
3.gif

Greatly enjoy the themes, characters and concepts presented in Warcraft/2/3.

Same here, I played those games as a child and loved them. :yay:

I am utterly shocked how much like the games it looks. Didn't think they'd be able to pull off the look, but I was wrong.

WOW isn't my cup of tea, but I did enjoy the old Warcraft series. The trailers are awesome though.
Yeah, I've never played WoW myself (never had a desire to get sucked down into that particular rabbit hole). But I played WCII (+expansion) and I most certainly played (and when I'm in the mood still play/replay) WCIII+expansion.

I mean... are the quality of graphics during gameplay all that impressive? No. But the in between cinematics on WCIII I absolutely love (I particularly love from Reign of Chaos when [BLACKOUT]Arthas comes before his father after having acquired Frostmourne[/BLACKOUT]. Or even moreso, the one from the expansion where[BLACKOUT] Illidan wakes the Naga[/BLACKOUT] - that one gives me chills.). I could watch those things over and over and over (and have watched them over and over and over *lol)

So to now have a movie that should (one would certainly hope) surpass those (IMO) awesome cinematics.... I'm excited. And I hope it's good, I want it to be good. Can't wait till Friday to see the full trailer.

Last edited:
I am tired of the troupe of blindly jumping over a cliff (in this case a balcony) only to be be caught by your flying beast of burden. Who started that? It couldn't be Avatar.

Watch it again, to me it seems like Lothar saw the Gryphon flying to him before he jumped. So it's cool but not stupidly cool.
3.gif
Plus we don't know the context of the scene, so who knows how it's gonna feel in the actual film.

Yeah, I've never played WoW myself (never had a desire to get sucked down into that particular rabbit hole). But I played WCII (+expansion) and I most certainly played (and when I'm in the mood still play/replay) WCIII+expansion.

I mean... are the quality of graphics during gameplay all that impressive? No. But the cinematics on WCIII (I particularly love the one from the expansion where Illidan wakes the Naga - that one gives me chills) I absolutely love. I could watch those things over and over and over (and have watched them over and over and over *lol)

So to now have a movie that should (one would certainly hope) surpass those (IMO) awesome cinematics.... I'm excited. And I hope it's good, I want it to be good. Can't wait till Friday to see the full trailer.

Yea, Blizzard are true masters of cinematics. And I loved the stories too. The Campaign in WCIII and FT is just fantastic, imo.

I'm so excited for this film. WCII was one of the first PC games I've ever played and loved. I think Jones is great director and WarCraft history and its characters are great, the whole thing just craves to be adapted to the film, imo. And things from teaser gives me chills, all look like from those games. I just hope the screenplay itself is good, I've haven't seen any film written by Charles Leavitt, but my hopes are high, Jones is co-writer and huge WarCraft fan.

So here's a question for those of us that have played (at least) some of the games (and if this has already been asked earlier in the thread - sincere apologies for asking again): Are there any of the little quirks/nods/easter eggs from the game(s) that you'd like to see in this movie?

For example.... sheep that randomly explode :oldrazz: (as if some almighty hand from the sky poked it one too many times) or any of the unique (or maybe not so unique :oldrazz:) lines or quotes that some of the units say?

Or would you prefer there to not be any nods/easter eggs along those lines?

Some cannon fodder character saying something that fits the scene is fine, but I'm not hopeful for the movie because of trivilial information. I want to see Orgrim Doomhammer and Durotan lead the Horde with Anduin Lothar, Knight Llane and Medivh at the Stormwind with Garona the Assassin.

I'm curious to see what look are they going for Blackhand, is it remisnicent to the classic:
latest

Which tbh I think is the best look to go for or something more like this Warlords of Draenor did:
latest

Here's how Blackhand looks in the movie:

warcraft-poster-orgrim-robert-kazinsky.jpg

First time I remember seeing that shot was in The Fellowship of the Ring with Gandalf and Saruman's tower.

There's nothing that irks me more than CGI nitpicking.

So here's a question for those of us that have played (at least) some of the games (and if this has already been asked earlier in the thread - sincere apologies for asking again): Are there any of the little quirks/nods/easter eggs from the game(s) that you'd like to see in this movie?
Definitely some lines from units. If it fits the movie. "Dabu", "swobu" (and there's a high chance we will hear these)... Some hero units from BTDP can say something from the game, like Khadgar, Grom Hellscream ("slice and dice!")... Something like that.

That is getting a bit annoying.

Gandalf did it before Avatar although it's probably been done tonnes of times. :dry:

I'm basically watching the teaser on repeat.
1.gif
And there are Harvest Golems in Westfall...
15.gif
Has made me so hyped.
3.gif

I wanna hear some Peon quotes. :woot: And some sound effect right from the game, they are really iconic, like the Bloodlust spell, etc.

Some great shots. Hopefully this is a big step forward for this kind of animated/live action (or whatever it's actually called) film.

in years they will stop using stylized lighting for movies like this. and the CGI will look realistic. now it looks like the Hobbit.

it looks fake.

Stylized is what WarCraft visuals are about.

its a movie with real actors.

i only like sin city and 300 from Snyder. everything else looks like a mistake to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"