Warner Bros. Looking to Rehash The Fugitive

Who sits around thinking, "You know what the people want? Another Fugitive, damnit."?

Huh? What the **** is this **** about? Remake a remake? I have to say again, what the ****?

**** you Hollywood for being so damn uncreative. "Oh, I bet a film from 16 years ago with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones is outdated so lets remake it!"

Idiots.

I think the problem with remakes, as I point again, is that a.) they are not made well and b.) ignorant people may not realize that the remake is a remake. Option B p*sses me off the most, I would think. "Oh, The Omen is a remake?" It bothers me to no end. It's funny in the day of the internet, people are still clueless. Sorry, I'm going off into a rant..

Ugh, the omen remake was awful. What made the original so great was that it wasnt painfully obvious that the kid was the anti-christ. In the new one, I could spot it from a mile away.

Yeah. Scarface and the Fly are great remakes too.

Ocean's Eleven is a damn good remake. The script is superb. So is the cast. It's a perfect marriage between the two, take any of the cast away, it doesn't work.

it's weird now with remakes.

I mean, ten years from now, what happens if they remade Austin Powers. Wouldn't that be weird (and desperate?)

It's way, way, way too early to be remaking or rehashing The Fugitive (it's only been 16 years). Why can't they just make another U.S. Marshalls movie with Tommy Lee Jones as Gerard?

Bad idea imo, but ya never know if a writer nails it and the director is competent.

I posted this in the Total Recall-remake thread:

So the time has come to remake big movies from the 90's now? I wonder when the Jurassic Park remake will come, or the Titanic remake.

So the answer to the question is The Fugitive, not Jurassic Park or Titanic. ;)

Firstly, I don't see the point of this. And secondly, I don't think enough time has passed between this and the last film. It isn't even dated yet.

Why dont they just make a movie about Sam Shephard? You know... the actual guy.

As long as Shia LaBouf plays his son, I'm all in :woot:

Albert Hughes To Direct ‘The Fugitive’ Remake At Warner Bros

Warner Bros has just set Albert Hughes to direct a reboot of The Fugitive. Brian Tucker (Broken City) is writing the script and Erik Feig will produce the film.

Hughes last directed Alpha, and before that teamed with brother Allen on the Alcon/Warner Bros hit The Book of Eli. He directed the pilot and the second episode of the upcoming Showtime limited series The Good Lord Bird. Hughes is exec producing the series, which stars Ethan Hawke.

As a fan of the original, I don’t really care to see another classic movie remade but even the original isn’t really the “original” since it was a remake of a television show(which I’ve never seen) so I can’t say they shouldn’t remake the remake but at this point I don’t think the audience is clamoring for more stories of this type.

And the original was based on 'Les Miserables'.

I get this weird sense they're going to gender swap Kimble lol

Probably get Viola Davis for the Gerard role. She’s good but she can do this kind of role in her sleep.

If I remember correctly they were at one point going to do a sequel called “Fugitives” where Tommy Lee Jones gets framed and goes on the run and Harrison Ford helps him. I like that idea better.

I get this weird sense they're going to gender swap Kimble lol

They will...and that's fine. I will be comfortably sitting my butt at home (or in a post-apocalyptic war zone, who knows what the future holds) whether it's a guy, girl, hermaphrodite, or a fuzzy in an inflatable T-Rex costume.

Okay...if he's in an inflatable T-Rex costume, that MIGHT get me in the theater. Personally, I think they will have a tough time topping the remade train bis scene from "Wrongfully Accused". RIP Leslie Nielsen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"