WB's 'Pinocchio' (Robert Downey Jr.)

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the news. Paul Thomas Anderson is doing a rewrite for Pinocchio for WB and Team Downey, with an eye to direct. Robert Downey Jr. is onboard to play Gepetto, and the project has gone through drafts by Bryan Fuller, Jane Goldman, and more currently, Michael Mitnick (The Giver).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/paul-thomas-anderson-write-robert-783978

RDJ has been developing for years, but now the project has more urgency thanks to the success of Disney's Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland.

What. the. f***.

I'm in, but....wtf.

I thought this was a joke thread or meant PWS Anderson. WHOA.

This is more strange/confusing than Joe Wright's Peter Pan.

But count me in!!!

Could this be why Butterfield was in Atlanta? Will he play Pinocchio as a real boy?

What. the. f***.

I'm in, but....wtf.

There's only so much goodwill Anderson can coast on for films like Boogie Nights and There Will Be Blood. His past couple films haven't made money, so Pinocchio seems like a sure bet.

Oh, Airwings, you never disappoint.

PTA has like five kids or so and all very young. It makes sense. He talked about making a film his kids can see awhile back.

Get the **** outta here. Really. Him directing RDJ alone would be a treat.

It's an expression. It means I'm shocked.

Now, there isn't really any excuse for big directors to not do superhero films. If they can adapt fairy tales, then why should saviours/crime fighters in tights be beneath them.

PTA's last two films were disappointments, this is a way for him to pump some more wind into his sails so to speak.

Eh, I loved his last two films. The Master grows on you over time. I had already read IV before the move.

I bet we won't see the nose until the end of the movie.

Random as ****.

12 months later he drops out for creative differences

All the greats do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"