Iron Man World Well, now it's 2010...

Spidermanfan

Civilian
Reaction score
...So I think it could be possible to make an iron man suit. i'm not talking the high tech, movie version or anything recent. I'm talking about the mark two armor. (it looks like the mark I except it's gold, that's it.)

I mean, how advanced could it be?! tony stark built it in a cave...
...with a box of scraps...
...in the late 1960's!!!
How complex is that?!

The problem involved in such a proyect depends on what do you want the suit to do?

A suit give you less mobility, less speed and probably is heavy. So you will need actuators, sensors to predict your movement...

To do a suit is easy, costumes are the living proof, but they aren´t suitable for any other purpose.

What do you guys think about?

Yeah you can build a suit... in 2010. It's possible. All you really have to worry about is power source and flight.. Exoskeletons has already been invented so all you really need to do is downsize it. Power source.. A way to get started is you're gonna need a torus (donut) like container that able to control massive heat. You gonna need to design toroidal field using electromagnetic to contain the magma. So something like copper or a high density magnetic metal that help keep the plasma contained. Plasma + magnetic fields= Power. Butt-loads of power. But if you want to add some more juice to it. You're gonna need some type of core which the reactor can feed off of. Well here my idea:
invent a smart metal which carries the same similar characteristic of vibrainium. Which in the marvel universe vibrainium absorbs vibrations and kinetic energy. That energy is stored within the bonds of molecules that make up the substance but the reactor vibrainium or smart metal will act a different way. It absorb vibrations (sounds) Which the reactor delivers vibrations to the reactor and the smart metal absorbs it and channels it into core power. Thus giving massive juice to the reactor since it is constantly absorbing and channeling into "Arc power" Leaving plenty of juice for thing like flight. Ok so this took a little more research but i think i figured this one out. Ok so as we can see, Tony doesn't used any onboard fuel or liquid hydrogen or oxygen instead he used them in the gas for. The movie site said that he perfected his boot based propellants to include micro repulsors turbines. As some of us know micro-turbines uses hydrogen as a fuel. So Stark micro-turbines act the same maybe more powerfully but anyway, Tony jet boots used propellant.. Propellant is the general name for chemical used to created thrust. Knowing tony stark he used clean fuel source so he would most likely use hydrogen gas which is 2 hydrogen atoms put together which combust violently with oxygen and can create thrust. As a fact since hydrogen burns clean at full thrust the flame becomes nearly invisible. His jet boots could use air intakes which can conclude oxygen from the air and hydrogen from water vapor in the air. Go through a repulsors combustion chamber and boom!!! He can fly even at high super sonic speeds, due to high build up of hydrogen gas which is constantly being combusted to provide thrust but the build up is safely contained in a compressed sealed are in the boots which protect from any "accidents" Due to hydrogen gas being highly flammable but with the right mind it easy for it to stay contained. But high amount of the gas can be released and give stark an extra boost. So i think the suit is possible and can be created. Just have to have that right motivation.

And that's for the golden mark I in the comics?!

Oh um that like for a more advance suit.. It based off information and notes i make and take. Not that i'm trying to build a suit or anything.... :whatever:

Yeah you can build a suit... in 2010. It's possible. All you really have to worry about is power source and flight.. Exoskeletons has already been invented so all you really need to do is downsize it. Power source.. A way to get started is you're gonna need a torus (donut) like container that able to control massive heat. You gonna need to design toroidal field using electromagnetic to contain the magma. So something like copper or a high density magnetic metal that help keep the plasma contained. Plasma + magnetic fields= Power. Butt-loads of power. But if you want to add some more juice to it. You're gonna need some type of core which the reactor can feed off of. Well here my idea:
invent a smart metal which carries the same similar characteristic of vibrainium. Which in the marvel universe vibrainium absorbs vibrations and kinetic energy. That energy is stored within the bonds of molecules that make up the substance but the reactor vibrainium or smart metal will act a different way. It absorb vibrations (sounds) Which the reactor delivers vibrations to the reactor and the smart metal absorbs it and channels it into core power. Thus giving massive juice to the reactor since it is constantly absorbing and channeling into "Arc power" Leaving plenty of juice for thing like flight. Ok so this took a little more research but i think i figured this one out. Ok so as we can see, Tony doesn't used any onboard fuel or liquid hydrogen or oxygen instead he used them in the gas for. The movie site said that he perfected his boot based propellants to include micro repulsors turbines. As some of us know micro-turbines uses hydrogen as a fuel. So Stark micro-turbines act the same maybe more powerfully but anyway, Tony jet boots used propellant.. Propellant is the general name for chemical used to created thrust. Knowing tony stark he used clean fuel source so he would most likely use hydrogen gas which is 2 hydrogen atoms put together which combust violently with oxygen and can create thrust. As a fact since hydrogen burns clean at full thrust the flame becomes nearly invisible. His jet boots could use air intakes which can conclude oxygen from the air and hydrogen from water vapor in the air. Go through a repulsors combustion chamber and boom!!! He can fly even at high super sonic speeds, due to high build up of hydrogen gas which is constantly being combusted to provide thrust but the build up is safely contained in a compressed sealed are in the boots which protect from any "accidents" Due to hydrogen gas being highly flammable but with the right mind it easy for it to stay contained. But high amount of the gas can be released and give stark an extra boost. So i think the suit is possible and can be created. Just have to have that right motivation.

And what if you use Palladium instead of Vibranium (since the latter is yet to be synthetized or discovered)? Becides, since the ARC reactor is a devise based on the Soviet Tokamak (which was a cold fusion device designed on the late 80') wouldn't be any radiation leaks?

And what if you use Palladium instead of Vibranium (since the latter is yet to be synthetized or discovered)? Becides, since the ARC reactor is a devise based on the Soviet Tokamak (which was a cold fusion device designed on the late 80') wouldn't be any radiation leaks?

I reckon not, what Spectacular23 said is quite logical. Tony had done every research on every elements that he could (before Fury nailed him) and he could not find any solutions. His previous arc reactors are made of palladiums and it was killing Tony. Remember during the 40s' when Howard created Capt America's shield? That's the only vibraniums they've got but if there were more vibraniums, the arc reactor would be even cleaner. Again, it depends on what's the palladium made arc reactor's purpose, if u're fitting it into your body, that could be harmful; but if u're setting up a clean energy source supply, I dont think there's any problem because the arc reactor had never claimed with any gamma radiation.

Anyway, let's think of this hypothetically, let's just say Tony manage to find more vibraniums (perhaps these vibraniums can be found in Asgard and the supply is as much as the steels in earth, as Howard mentioned that he's limited by the tech of his time, possibly that he wasnt able to find more), and he built another suit with all these vibraniums, I reckon that he could be totally invincible, then a fight with Shakespeare again in-the-park would not be a problem at all. Think about that, Captain's shield was able to repel Thor's hammer, and Thor's Might of Mjolnir is an advantage to Iron Man in terms of the increament of the suit's power capacity, by then, where's Iron Man's weakness? (unless he unsuit himself)

Woah nelly.

ThreadNecromancy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"