we're in the studio!!!

PLAS

Avenger
Reaction score
so our new band, varzovia is in the studio recording what will be our debut ep, it's turning out really nice and the studio guy is a great dude to work with

here are some pics of the studio

chicken.jpg

Ernesto, our drummer laying down the law in the drums

miamor2.jpg

this is me, I decided to go directly into the board

hello.jpg

a view from the deck

errorez.jpg

how many mistakes are we making? the one with the most mistakes pays the beer

superfun.jpg

bored, sleepy, tired and PLAS does not look like he'll finish anytime soon

You look a bit like Eric Clapton in that pic *braces for punch*

so . . . do you guys exclusively use electronic drums?

who is Jeff Baxter?

and yes, I've lost weight in the last couple of months

DV8 said:
so . . . do you guys exclusively use electronic drums?
it's much fatser and convenient, the drummer already has his kit nailed on the module, we just ran the drums through a tube preamp and they came out warm and nice

he probably f***ed the weight away.
Jeff Baxter is a studio guy that played with all the FM stars of the 70's, like The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, etc.

nah7.jpg

this was our second live performance

playon3.jpg

at the beach in Tampico

sorgo.jpg

on the way back home from Tampico

varzov2.gif

our promo pic

PLAS said:
it's much fatser and convenient, the drummer already has his kit nailed on the module, we just ran the drums through a tube preamp and they came out warm and nice

that's awesome . . . much easier than hauling around an old-school kit; so; he has the 'sound' of his drums 'programmed' into the electronic drums? That's PHAT!

Wilhelm-Scream said:
he probably f***ed the weight away.
Jeff Baxter is a studio guy that played with all the FM stars of the 70's, like The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, etc.
long, vigorous sessions of sex did help, so did a healthier diet, reduction of fat when cooking and no beer

your logo never looks like it's for a band. It always looks like it's for skateboards or sunglasses or a dating service, only with unorthodox looking models.

DV8 said:
that's awesome . . . much easier than hauling around an old-school kit; so; he has the 'sound' of his drums 'programmed' into the electronic drums? That's PHAT!
just like I dial the sounds, effects, amp models and rooms on my processor

this way you don't have to struggle to get the right sound during the mixing stage, since you already cut with the sound that you want, then it's just a matter of level adjustments

Wilhelm-Scream said:
your logo never looks like it's for a band. It always looks like it's for skateboards or sunglasses or a dating service, only with unorthodox looking models.
these are the logos we're using for stickers and t-shirts

redstarlogo.png

badbearlogo.png

Looking forward to hearing the finished results, PLAS.

jag

PLAS said:
a purist might think it's lame, but these days, I get a way more wicked and "real", roomy sound just going straight in through my Pod. And you don't have to spend $25,000 on good mics. :up:

PLAS said:

this way you don't have to struggle to get the right sound during the mixing stage, since you already cut with the sound that you want, then it's just a matter of level adjustments

gotcha . . . I always wanted to get an electronic kit . . . mostly to experiment, and practice when everyone's sleeping . . .

your graphics are really cool, too . . . where is your band based out of? And will all of us be able to buy this disc somehow?

this is the first time in a long while that I feel totally satisfied with the results of the recording, the guitars are massive, the bass is very solid, the drums sound really pro (which tends to be a problem with most independent recording, poor drum quality) and the vocals are coming out very nice

there's been some studio trickery, but is mostly for sound manipulation and the like, all performances were done over and over until we got the right takes

maybe next week I'll have some premixes

I lost your last CD, plaz. :( Send me new copy?

Also, have I ever told you you remind me of an uncle of mine? :(

DV8 said:
gotcha . . . I always wanted to get an electronic kit . . . mostly to experiment, and practice when everyone's sleeping . . .

your graphics are really cool, too . . . where is your band based out of? And will all of us be able to buy this disc somehow?
to be honest, the drummer getting the v-drums was what actually made it possible for the band to develop so fast, we just plug drums, bass, vox and guitars into a six channel mixer, from there we outtput it to a headphone amp, then the mixer goes either to a tape deck or a laptop and that's how we reharsh and work on songs

it makes the whole creative process flow faster, besides, we can practice until 1am and nobody will even notice

like all tools, if you know what you want to use it for, it will help you a lot, and more importantly, it will give you more ideas than you thought you had

The studio can be one of the most rewarding experiences ever or it can be beyond frustrating as hell and make you want to kill everyone in the same room as you. Heh! Glad to hear it's going well, man.

jag

kypade said:
I lost your last CD, plaz. :( Send me new copy?

Also, have I ever told you you remind me of an uncle of mine? :(
that was El Estado, an electronic rock/industrial band

this is Varzovia, which is more rock based, we do use electronic drums but not for electronic sounds

by the way, Varzovia is a project started by El Estado's drummer and me, we just invited a friend from a hard core band who also has a dance/house/psycho live act and my girlfriend who sings in a metal band

jaguarr said:
The studio can be one of the most rewarding experiences ever or it can be beyond frustrating as hell and make you want to kill everyone in the same room as you. Heh! Glad to hear it's going well, man.

jag
man, you tell me about it, we started recording last week, on monday, and we're almost through recording, by the end of the week we'll have it all done and have started on the final mix

and since I've been acting as the makeshift producer, it's been really nice, supervising the whole recording aspect, helping the others nail the right sounds, the right performances, etc... that was until it was time for me to cut my guitars, then the tables turned and I cried like a little girl

but that's the way it's supposed to be, right?

PLAS said:
that was El Estado, an electronic rock/industrial band

this is Varzovia, which is more rock based, we do use electronic drums but not for electronic sounds

by the way, Varzovia is a project started by El Estado's drummer and me, we just invited a friend from a hard core band who also has a dance/house/psycho live act and my girlfriend who sings in a metal band
Ya, I know. Just saying. I spent money on it and lost it, you should replace it for me. : ) :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"