we're in the studio!!!

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by PLAS, May 10, 2006.

1. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

How are you liking punching directly into the board? I haven't met many guitarists that have liked doing that very much.

jag

2. PLAS Registered

I like my set up

it goes from my santana, throught my Boss GT3, which runs the patches I've edited to my own liking, then the signal runs in stereo through a Summit tube power amp as a pre directly into the pro tools interface, which then is cut into pro-tools, I use the studio's monitors for feedback effects

it's not the usual set up a guitar player would use, but since I wanted to experiment with my sound and managed to get it right, then that's what I've worked with, further sessions might be recorded with a marshall stack

3. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

NOW you sound like a guitarist! LOL! :D Interesting setup. Now I'm really curious to hear what you're up to.

jag

4. DV8 Band Loser

:up: :up:
    I totally feel you . . . cuz otherwise you'd have to mic all the drums and shyt, and that's one of the biggest pain in the asses ever! Plus, it's hard to find good mics for drums . . . you pretty much have to buy a nice set of specific drum mics . . . :up:

5. PLAS Registered

interestingly enough, the studio is equipped with a really nice Yamaha drum set and a drum mic kit which gets pretty nifty responses from the drums, but we wanted to go straight into the board, just for the sake of experimenting, and getting it all faster

6. sinewave Registered

cool! are you guys releasing the ep yourselves or do you have a record label backing you?

7. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

Unless you want to go witha White Stripes "The crappier it sounds the cooler it is" thing.
    One of my coolest sounding drum tracks was where I put a distorted mic inside a box and hit it with my hand and a wooden spoon and then overdubbed a tinfoil tray and kicking a chair with the mic applied directly to the leg. :)

8. PLAS Registered

the band started in january, we have a bunch of songs ready, we're not sure if we want a label, but we're open to it

9. PLAS Registered

that's nice, sounds like something that can either get awful or awsome

10. DV8 Band Loser

hahahaha . . . . sccchhweeeeeet

11. sinewave Registered

if you guys are interested in making money, touring and releasing albums a label would definitely help. it doesn't have to be a major label. there's a lot of great indie labels out there that provide decent distribution.

12. PLAS Registered

although the whole "label" talk has been touched, we'd rather wait until there's more buzz regarding the band

and as for how to get the material, once it's done and ready, I'll let you know how to get it

13. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Congrats PLAS.....hope it all goes well.

14. sinewave Registered

cool beans. i can't wait!

15. PLAS Registered

it's been a month since my last post, thought I might give an update:

we haven't finished the mix because we had several gigs lined up and we went out of the studio, although we're down to two final mixes we've liked, we might have to choose between one of them or make a mixture of both

but in the meantime, you can check some of our latest mixdowns at our myspace site

www.myspace.com/varzovia

the vocals sound much better now