Products Weta's "Daily Planet" statue arrives

Nice piece and certainly a lot of detail. However, $345 just ain't gonna happen.

Pics were a bit too big and wrong froum, we do have a product section

BTW I got all 4 of them with a signed dvd by Bryan Singer did you get one too?

Mister J said:
Nice piece and certainly a lot of detail. However, $345 just ain't gonna happen.

Well I paid about $100 less!

Morg said:
Pics were a bit too big and wrong froum, we do have a product section

BTW I got all 4 of them with a signed dvd by Bryan Singer did you get one too?

No, apparently, the DVD's weren't included in time by the distributor (or something), this is something Weta themselve's have posted. They are sending them out now to dealers, and I should get mine soon. Not sure how you got yours, but that is good!

pencilsong said:
Well I paid about $100 less!
That would have certainly helped. That piece definitely got my attention and was my favorite of the four.

I got mine thru my comic store, I got a $300.oo discount too :) and the dvd's says only first signed 400 are given to those who get the statues in the beginning

Yeah the DVD's are 400 random ones distributed throughout Weta's Superman range. Got my fingers crossed!

Good luck, I was surprised I got all 4 dvd's signed by Mr Singer

Are they supposed to be flying? It looks so awkward.

matthooper said:
Are they supposed to be flying? It looks so awkward.

Floating more likely

What's on the dvd? Superman Returns scenes? Trailers? ???

Steve

Beats me, haven't look at it yet, just got back from vegas

Morg said:
Good luck, I was surprised I got all 4 dvd's signed by Mr Singer

All of them are signed? That sounds unlikely especially considering that you got them a week before everyone else. All the DVD's are signed, however, only 400 are actual sigs, the rest are facsimiles.

BTW, whoever asked: the DVD is 10-15 minutes long; they're all the same no matter what statue you brought. They talk briefly (2-3 minutes TOPS) about how they made each statue. I was actually VERY disappointed with the DVD. Weta made it sound like it was going to be a full on expose on how each statue was made depending on which statue you bought.

There are trailers (teaser, domestic 1&2, international) at the end of the DVD, but that's no big whoop since we've seen the movie (me 5 times...tonight will be 6 :)) and the trailers dozens of times. Some of the other concept art, for other statues, were nice thought, but they didn't explore any of that, which would have been really cool actually.

Statues:
RS: 10/10
DP: 15/10
DA: 15/10

:D :D

DVD: 4/10 (at best)

:(

Superman4ever said:
All of them are signed? That sounds unlikely especially considering that you got them a week before everyone else. All the DVD's are signed, however, only 400 are actual sigs, the rest are facsimiles.

Yes, all 4 are signed, has a note on each one saying I won a signed dvd by Bryan Singer, I'll take a pic to prove it, just not now. It's 1 am in the morning and I need my bloody sleep!

Morg said:
Yes, all 4 are signed, has a note on each one saying I won a signed dvd by Bryan Singer, I'll take a pic to prove it, just not now. It's 1 am in the morning and I need my bloody sleep!

I was just wondering; you don't have to go all out anyways. I really don't care! I absolutely hated (see above) the DVD so having them signed by BS would mean he just stamped his approval on...ugh, well BS. ;)

Now had the cast signed 400 statues that'd be something I'd get excited about! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"