What age did you start reading comics? what was the very frist comics you read?

RootBeerMaster

Superhero:RootBeerMaster
Reaction score
Not only to I what what age did you start to read comics at, but I also want to known what got every one here intrested in Superheroes if they have a reason.

What got me intrested was haveing watch superhero cartoons growing up, and then they came out with books, Superman the Trials of Time and Helltown, witch one had Johan Hex and the other had the question so I started learning more about the newer superheros since then.

I started reading comics at age 20, mostly cause I saw X-23 in a new x-men comics and that suprised me, cause I knew she was only created for x-men evloution and the second I read was Superman/Batman/Supergirl because I want to know the comic origin of supergirl having like in so much in Justice League Unlimited. the next thing I knew I had every issue of Supergirl and the new x-men with Laura there was, and lots of Green Arrow comics

So I guess my intrested came mostly from Justice League Unimited, even though I watched a lot of Superhero Cartoons when I was little I never really got in to those charicters has much has the lesser know ones.

Ok, it your guys turn, to tell me at what age you started reading comics and what got you intrested in Superheroes in the frist place? and what was the very frist comic you ever read?

around 7, and it was a Superman one

Six and it was a Spider-Man comic based on his appearance in the Electric Company

I watched a lot of superhero cartoons like Spider-man, Batman, and Superman. So that's how I got into superheroes. It's funny because my favorite superhero when I was 6 or 7 was Robin. And I was him for Halloween.

I was sent a box of hand me downs from my older cousin when I was 9 or so. In the box he gave me a lot of his old comics. He had a lot of Archie, Underdog, and Superman comics. I finished reading them and was craving more. A JJ Pepper's convenience store right by my house carried a good selection of comics so I started there. My favorites were Batman, Spider-man, and Superman. I then found a comic store near my house when I was 12 or 13. It's then where I got into more darker characters like Daredevil, Punisher, more Batman, and Ghost Rider. When I got into my late teens I got more into the pulp heroes like Phantom, Shadow, green Hornet, Spirit, Sandman, Doc Savage etc.

Now I read graphic novels mostly and whatever back issues I could get my hands on. I still subscribe to Daredevil though.

I was twelve. The first comic I ever read was "Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 1: Power and Responsibility". I loved it, still love it, and it has a special place on my bookshelf.

Now I read Marvel, DC, Image...whatever. I love comics...as a hobby and an art form. It's such a beautiful medium.

Five. I got a Scooby-Doo and Superman one.

But, if you're asking me what actually got me into superheroes, it was a mix of Tim Burton's Batman films and BTAS. I watched all those and had the toys and such before I even touched a comic book. To this day Batman is, and forever shall be, my favorite comic book character.

Loved superheroes for as long as I can remember. I think it was from viewing the Batman animated series and the first couple of films. I got my first comic book around seven years old or maybe when I was eight. It was either a silver Surfer graphic novel or the Death of Superman. I only collected a few more cheap comic books from the swpa meet I worked at with my dad. He would always bring me some sort of comic if he thought I would be interested. I didn't read any more comIcs for years after that even though I wanted to after seeing Spiderman the movie. Around the age of fourteen I started reading more manga instead of american comics. This past year after joining JP's dragonball movie forum, I was taught a lot of stuff about the marvel universe by JP, Bamfer and JustAbill. Now after buying a lot of graphic novels and trying to find a good comic book store in AZ, I have once again become interested in american comic books along with so many other cool things.

Started pretty young, about 5 probably. Started off with Beano and Dandy weekly comics. My mum use to buy me the Beano and Dandy Christmas annuals every year. I was never really keen on superheroes comics until I was in my teens. But I was familiar with the superheroes concept through the cartoons/films medium.

I remember when I first started actually collecting, 1985. I would read the occassional one before, but I didn't start consciously collecting before 1985. I'd seen Superman 1978 and all the old cartoons. I enjoyed the super adventures and imagined myself on more than a few at that age, but the one that inspired me to start collecting was Crisis on Infinite Earths issue 7. That was the first time I ever thought about superheroes dying. I've been collecting since then.

I was a late bloomer. I started when I was 12 and it was all about Batman.

I honestly don't remember. Apparently I read some Batman as a kid, but I was a huge fan of Spider-Man: TAS and when Spider-Man 2 came along, I suddenly rediscovered the awesomeness of the superhero universe and became an ubergeek overnight, and have been ever since. I have bought current comics occationally, but with the decline in quality of my fav titles, I instead focus my interest on other superhero mediums. I've officially been a comic geek since... September 24th, 2004, if I remember my SHH join date correctly.

Somewhere between 9-14...Spider-Man mostly.

I was around 5 and I went to a day care and another boy was really into batman so we'd play batman action figures. I remember watching the old green hornet show at the day care providers house too. Then I remember my dad gave me his old comics. Around my twelth birthday my aunt gave me the marvel encyclopedia and I remember opening it and looking at a picture of Black Panther and saying "He's my new favorite" and that's how it's been ever since.

At about 16, I read Batman: Year One...and thought it was just okay.

:o

Age 6 and it was the Incredible Hulk#168 for 20 cents.
Now they cost as a much as a PLAYBOY does. that's a damn shame.

My dad used to read me Batman comics when I was a kid. The old Batman Adventures based off BTAS, and the early 90s Batman stuff. (Knightfall, Jim Aparo, all that) So I probably read one of those at some point. Got back into comics in 02 with a Brubaker Batman issue, part of Fugitive I think.

My dad had a bunch of old Marvel comics. Amazing Fantasy # 15, the first 13 issues of Fantastic Four, the first 3 Daredevil comics, and he had the first couple issues of Superman (Action Comics, he had those protected). I read those until he threw them away (****ing idiot). I was probably like four at the time. Then later on I read Bionicle comics that came with the Lego Magazines. Now I just go over to my friend's house and take whatever's on the shelf that he suggests.

I was 4 and I flipped through a very old Batman comic at Value Village,

God some of the violence in that comic still reeks in my skull to this day....

I was 4 and I flipped through a very old Batman comic at Value Village,

God some of the violence in that comic still reeks in my skull to this day....

A few graphic novels aside, I don't read them

As far as I can remember I always loved comics and superheros. I remember memories as a very small child an having Spider-Man pajamas and being scared of the Spider-Man logo on my chest. Even before I could read I was looking at the pictures of comic books for years. I have an old photo of when I was in kindergarten of me with Batman. They had someone dressed up to in a Batman suit to coincide with Batman Returns at a Publix and that's probably my best proof of being a fan way back when

i knew the characters like superman and spider-man when i was 7 or 8 but only the images and from what i'd seen in a cartoon or movie . I was at a yard sale at the age of twelve and bought some checkmate comics to read out of boredom but started to get into it . i basically read horror comics and checkmate for a year but then got into batman and spider-man

First comic I read was Superman Vs. The Flash, it was one of my dads old comics. I started reading comics a lot in middle school. My friend and I would read all these silly gothic/horror comic from Chaos like Lady Death and Evil Ernie.

I was like 6 I think and it kinda sparked it and I was a Batman fan and I would wear a blanket as a cape (I have a reason other than looking like batman) and my grandmother bought me a Batman sleeping bag and pillows and as I am older they are actually quite rare and as I grew older I barley new anything just the basics such as his name was Bruce Wayne and ect. as I grew older in the 3rd grade believe I began hearing things about the new Spider-man movie and I saw it on TV and such and as the movie grew nearer I became more and more interested for an odd reason never knew there was comics but I remember watching the spiderman the animated series and it just sparked from there and as I got older I went to Books A Million and got worlds finest with Azreal and such and Robo Superman after that I let a friend borrow it and then he never returned it as I grew older I got more and more info and more and more stuff from friends and family and I began getting more interested and people think I know a lot but in all honesty I do not and I am still learning of the little characters and such and just havent got off of it even though my mom says I need to grow up I think superheroes will be in my life for me to pass to my kids I hope and it just becomes a part of me in the way I dress, speak ,the music I listen to, the quotes I use, just everything! and now I just hope to expand it as I collect more superhero stuff and read the comics and just keep doin what I am doin!

(Sorry when I write a long story most of the time I don't punctuation correctly but you get the main idea)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"