What got you into comics?

The Geek Vault

Come at me bro
Reaction score
So,
What got everyone interested in reading comics? Was it a family member or a friend? Anyone remember the first comic they read? I remember the first comic book I read was Fantastic Four Heroes return #4 maybe? that or this Beast comic. I also remember my dad bringing out all his old comics and reading those.

one movie got me into comics...

Superman The Movie

What got everyone interested in reading comics? Was it a family member or a friend?

My mother and/or older brother. Can't remember my first comic book though..

I've liked Batman ever since I was really young, so I took it upon myself and decided to start actually reading the comics several years ago...

Television. When I began watching the Spider-man animated series, alongside the X-Men every Saturday. :up:

Spider-Man had a segment on the Electric Company which came on right after Sesame Street. I was six or so and my mom went to get her nails done and she told me I could get a comic to look at while she did it. I recognized Spidey from the show and was immediately suckered in

I think when I was little, I always watched The Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man on the Electric Company and even the 60's Spider-Man cartoon in the early hours on a Sunday, but I think the first comic I read, besides the Bugs Bunny or Archie comics was G.I. Joe. These were the first comics I really got into from a friend. Then in the 8th grade, I read a couple Uncanny X-Men and then another friend suggested the Punisher and I was hooked ever since.

I still haven't really gotten into comics, but Spider-Man the movie and Smallville are what started to open me up to the Superhero universe.

Spider-Man had a segment on the Electric Company which came on right after Sesame Street. I was six or so and my mom went to get her nails done and she told me I could get a comic to look at while she did it. I recognized Spidey from the show and was immediately suckered in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsUeDqztOQ

Wow, that's the most evil Spider-villain ever :csad: (at least he doesn't spoil movies)

My first comic was some..X-Men comic..Idk what issue but during my like 10 yr old Halloween..I dressed up as Spider-man..another kid was Batman...he punched me...and I started reading Batman.

He kicked my ***.:(

Rushing home for lunch when I was in elementary school in the early 70's to watch the original 60's Spidey cartoon.....got hooked bad...the comics were a natural progression

My sister used to let me read her Classic X-Men and Cloak & Dagger comics. It was there that I was hooked. Though I didn't venture off to other titles till a few years later.

When I was 13, my bro and I borrowed comics from an aunt, who collected many comics. Both of us got hooked, and it was then we began to start visiting comic shops and buy comics ourselves. Although there were both DC and Marvel comics, we felt gravitate toward Marvel, esp. X-Men, Spider-man, and Iron Man. I guess our taste just matched with Marvel moreso than DC.

My first comic was some..X-Men comic..Idk what issue but during my like 10 yr old Halloween..I dressed up as Spider-man..another kid was Batman...he punched me...and I started reading Batman.

He kicked my ***.:(

You should've used your Spider Sense... :spidey:

Those got me into comics. They are also my favorite line of comics from DC and Marvel, respectively.

:up:

2000 AD. I think it was some blue soldier dude on the cover that made me buy it as a kid

My dad got me into comics when we watched Superman the Movie when I was a little kid.
We were at Costco one day, back before it was even called Costco,and I saw this huge pack of DC comics that they carried.
My parents bought them for me, and I read them over and over again.
Then a few years down the line, I started watching Teen Titans, and I wanted to read the new series that just came out. So I did...and it all went uphill from there.

Hellboy. I really enjoyed all the aspects of the movie: the creatures, the villains, the little subplot with Liz. Plus I kept hearing peeps in the sequel forum (before a sequel was announced) saying " 'Wolves of St. Augustine' for the sequel". So I got the HB tpb titled The Chained Coffin and BAM! I was into comics.

The first comic series I did read though, were Sonic the Hedgehog's Fleetway UK series. Best art around, and it excelled the Archie version in so many ways.

An older cousin got me into them, but I really went nuts when the first X-Men movie came out :up:

I was about 7 years old and my older brother had to watch me for the weekend while my parents were out of town. He was goin through the newspaper looking for things to do when he found out about a comic convention in town. The first comic I read, was also the first one I bought from there. Werewolf by Night issue 5. I still have it to this day. Also that day, I bought X-Men 266..first apperance of Gambit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"