What age did you start reading comics? what was the very frist comics you read?

I was 7 years old, and my grandfather had passed earlier in the year. I was in the grocery store with a friend of the family, and I saw this book with a bunch of kids in a classroom. I had $2, and decided to get this book instead of candy or whatever. This happened to be Archie's LAUGH digest. After a few of these, my uncle started giving me some Marvel Comics, such as X-Men and Spider-Man, since he knew I loved watching Batman and Spider-Man on TV. It just built from there.

4 years old. My dad bought me some Sgt Rock comics, but the series I really loved came out when I was 6

001hz2.jpg

And I liked how that "4 issue limited series" lasted another 76 issues

Around the time X2 was released, I was 15. I had always been a huge X-men fan watching the cartoons etc, so it was only natural the first comic I picked up was an X-men title.

It has been so many years that I no longer remember for certain. I think that I was about 5 or 6. We moved around a lot when I was a kid so I was frequently without playmates so I read a lot. While I had a very nice set of books the only new reading material available to me was comic books. They were all DC back then and they were available in the Supermarkets and drugstores. The first one that I remember is the first meeting of the JLA and the JSA. I also remember the original Composite Superman story. I think that I was reading mostly JLA and Legion stories. Marvel comics were new and I rarely even saw them until about 1966 or so when I first stumbled onto X-Men.

I was around 4-5 years old and it was a Disney comic...i adored those as a kid.

I might have been 12. It was a gold holo-foil anniversary issue of Spider-Man with him fighting Venom on the cover.

I took a long comic book break from ages 13-20 and got back into 'em when the first X-Men movie came out.

12, and my grandpa just had Secret Wars #7 laying around

10-years-old, it was Uncanny X-Men #1; the one with the multiple front covers.

Then I got out of reading comics but got back into them when I was 17, after the X-Men movie came out. After that it was on and off again, now I'm still into them.

The first comic I remember buying was an issue of Nightwing after Batman and Robin.:o That was when I was nine I think.

Last edited:
My grandma always bought Archie or Disney comics for us grandkids to read at her house, but the first comic I got that got me hooked on comics was GI Joe #32. I collected GI Joe after that up until the very end of the Marvel run. In 1987 a friend introduced me to the Punisher and needless to say that has stuck ever since. he also got me into the Uncanny X-Men and after that I was into the other Marvel Heroes. I stuck with DC for about a year off and on, but they just couldn't compare to the Marvel Heroes.

I will probably get flamed on here of all places but I have never read a comic, ever. I grew up on the Saturday cartoon superheroes and just reasearched what I needed to know or wondered on the internet about them. I am too old to read comics now and have no interest in them when graphic novels and books are so much better.

got into superheroes with the 90's animated stuff, but never really read comics until the fantastic four movie came out and my parents came home with a bunch of fantastic four comics... anyhow the first comic i can remember reading was that issue of fantastic four that was like $0.09...

after that i started to pick up UFF, then ghost rider, then detective cause i found out dini was writing it, then the man with no name and now deadpool. i have to say i do love comics, they have soemthing special about them that just can't be explained...

...........about 10, I never got hardcore about them. I mainly bought the ones I felt were worth buying. First Appearances, first issues, Death of Superman, specials(wedding of Cyclops and Jean Grey for example)etc. I gave up when I was 14...I couldn't tell you what's happeneing in the current comics.

I was 4 years old, and my great grandmother came over with this box she got at a garage sale. This box was full of comics. The first I read was this Spectacular Spider-Man comic where he fought Rhino. Not sure what issue. I loved it, and became a fan instantly :up:

I started when I was 13. I have an aunt who used to collect comic books (she was a tomboy), and my bro & I borrowed her comics and got hooked on them, and we never gave them back (she never asked anyway). We still have most of them in our storage somewhere. Anyway, I have stopped collecting comics altogether due to cost and lack of storage space for them, but it introduced me to superheroes and subsequently made me a member of SHH because of my interest in the Spider-man movies.

Btw, although we got a mixture of DC and Marvel comics from my aunt, we gravitated toward Marvel comics instead of DC. I guess we just relate to the Marvel superheroes moreso than DC's.

I was 12 when i picked up my 1st comic, it was x-factor #12 (1st apperance of tower)

kazar #15 was my second

I started off reading Spiderman comics when I was about 8. Then I went through a period where it was strictly 2000AD, my mum went mad when she found out how crass and violent it was. So I wasn't allowed to by that comic for a while. Then I got into Batman big time when i was about 12 I think. I loved everything Batman. The show, the comics, the films and the toys. Batman is still a firm favourite, but a certain "Merc with the Mouth" has crept up in recent years and is now my favourite comic book character ever. Just in front of Bats, Joker and Spidey.

8 or 9 it was an issue of Green Lantern where Hal Jordans wife (who was also a GL) is kidnapped by Star Sapphire and made her personal slave, there is even a panel where Star Sapphire has her licking her boots....

I was 6 years old, and my first comic was the British humour comic known as The Beano. At that age you would never see me reading a superhero comic. I didn't like action heroes very much, unless it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I didn't read superhero comics until I was 12, when the first Spider-Man came out.

when I was 11 it was some old ass captain america comic I bought from my local comic store

Anyone remember the Captain America story where he became a werewolf and teamed with Wolverine and Wolfsbane? I liked that story.

I will probably get flamed on here of all places but I have never read a comic, ever. I grew up on the Saturday cartoon superheroes and just reasearched what I needed to know or wondered on the internet about them. I am too old to read comics now and have no interest in them when graphic novels and books are so much better.

You sound just like me, only I decied not to put all that in my origianl post cause I though it was a to long aready. When I was 5 I didn't like comics becaue they didn't have endings. then they came out with Graphic Novels, but I count Graphic Novels and Comics has the same thing since Novels are a few issues of comics put together.

the only differance is I am not to old to read comics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"