Civil War What are the rosters going to be?

Yeah the lack of Scarlet Witch is very surprising. The lack of Spider-Man is expected because I have a feeling he won't be taking sides per se but rather just be in awe of all that is happening. I can't help but wonder if the lack of SW is a clue to a potential much bigger spoiler...

That being...
Before you say what, it can't be that she's the hero killed. No way, not happening! Her character has way too much of a future in the MCU to be killed off, at least at this point. Does she get badly injured though? Does that spark everything?

Start of movie
Cap: Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Antman
Tony: Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, War Machine, Sharon
Neutral: Spidey, Black Panther, Vision

Climax of movie
Cap: Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Antman, Sharon, Vision, Spidey
Tony: Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, War Machine, Black Panther

End of movie
Everyone's all buddy buddies again

I really hope they stay divided at the end. Even if they have to temporarily team-up to stop Baron Zemo, I hope it's like a Dark Knight type ending where Cap is still on the run. There's no need for all of the heroes to unite until Infinity War anyways.

That being...
Before you say what, it can't be that she's the hero killed. No way, not happening! Her character has way too much of a future in the MCU to be killed off, at least at this point. Does she get badly injured though? Does that spark everything?

Scarlet Witch being injured quite badly I can see happening. I'm thinking Hawkeye will be killed in the end. That is what will stop the fighting. Once everyone sees that, in many ways, the one with the most good in his life has died fighting his friends, the civil war will end or at least stop for the moment.

Does Scarlet Witch's
actions during the fight against Crossbones in Africa spark the whole debacle? And what exactly is it that she does to be the one responsible for basically starting the whole Civil War?

Holy crap, I had no idea about these rumors! :wow:

I think that ultimately this will be the disassembling of The Avengers, given way for Thanos to be the reason the team is unified once again in Infinity War with Hulk & Thor back on the roster.

Does Scarlet Witch's
actions during the fight against Crossbones in Africa spark the whole debacle? And what exactly is it that she does to be the one responsible for basically starting the whole Civil War?

Holy crap, I had no idea about these rumors! :wow:

I believe the rumor is

Crossbones is wearing a vest with explosives attached. Cap orders SW to levitate him in order to get him away from civilians. She's able to do it, but he still manages to detonate the explosives next to a building and she's not able to contain the explosion, which leads to a lot of death, destruction, etc. Apparently this is the "last straw" for the Government.

This comes from ElMayimbe so grain of salt, etc, etc. :funny:

Not terribly impressed with rosters, can they change the name of the movie Civil Street Fight this late in the game? Not exactly a war is it? Will see how it turns out though, just wish more heroes were involved.
It's a metaphorical title, not a literal one

Infinity War, on the other hand....

Not happy that Black Widow is siding with Stark.

I guess Marvel wanted Tony's team to have a girl on it somewhere.

I believe the rumor is

Crossbones is wearing a vest with explosives attached. Cap orders SW to levitate him in order to get him away from civilians. She's able to do it, but he still manages to detonate the explosives next to a building and she's not able to contain the explosion, which leads to a lot of death, destruction, etc. Apparently this is the "last straw" for the Government.

This comes from ElMayimbe so grain of salt, etc, etc. :funny:

Oh, from ElMayimbe? Ugh, he's been right what, once? Then again, this does make a lot of sense in terms of the [BLACKOUT]collateral damage the Avengers cause that leads to all this.[/BLACKOUT] Still doesn't entirely explain why SW isn't on either team, unless she's [BLACKOUT]injured during the whole Crossbones explosives thing.[/BLACKOUT] Or, hell, maybe she just can't bring herself to choose.

There simply aren't enough heroes to make this a full-on "War". Even if you included all the Netflix heroes, plus Daisy Johnson and even Dr. Strange, it'd still be a handful of characters vs another handful.

There simply aren't enough heroes to make this a full-on "War". Even if you included all the Netflix heroes, plus Daisy Johnson and even Dr. Strange, it'd still be a handful of characters vs another handful.

Too many characters and the narrative gets messy and actors unlike drawings have to be paid and movies don't like to pay actors for standing around in crowd shots - they pay extras the minimum for that.

Too many characters and the narrative gets messy

Yes, just like the comic book version of Civil War. Of course, that story arc was messy for many reasons other than the roster of characters. The writing became convoluted and tiresome, and the story got too long and confusing. I'm hoping they streamline the film version of this story by discarding any unnecessary elements from the comic version. They tend to do this with the movies in order to make a tighter, more efficient story.

First people were complaining about too many characters in a Cap movie, now people are saying there's too few for a 'war' movie... can't satisfy the fans, why bother :loco: As long as it turns out to be a good movie with a strong narrative, I don't care about how many characters they can fit on screen.

As long as Vision owns everyone, I don't care how many characters are in this film :p

seems kinda weighted toward Stark's team.

And Black Panther on pro-reg tells me two things.
1. Pro-reg won't be "villains" of the film. At least they better not be.
2. pro-reg won't have anything to do with secret identities.

seems kinda weighted toward Stark's team.

And Black Panther on pro-reg tells me two things.
1. Pro-reg won't be "villains" of the film. At least they better not be.
2. pro-reg won't have anything to do with secret identities.

Well, considering all the members of Stark's team have had their identities outed (and Vision is just- Vision), that means that T'Challa will probably have to reveal himself as Black Panther before officially joining his team. So, it may.

Jeremy Renner confirmed on Twitter that those are the teams. That means Spidey will likely be courted but not involved and something happens to SW. Interesting. I am beyond excited for this film. Maybe even more than the original Avengers!

I hope Scarlett Witch and Spidey are involved because I gotta say, as things stand... these teams seem kinda underwhelming.

Jeremy Renner confirmed on Twitter that those are the teams. That means Spidey will likely be courted but not involved and something happens to SW. Interesting. I am beyond excited for this film. Maybe even more than the original Avengers!
He reposted the pictures that doesn't mean SW and Spidey aren't involved.

I'm betting it will shake out like this:

Team Cap
- Captain America
- Falcon
- The Winter Soldier
- Ant-Man
- Hawkeye
- Agent 13
- Scarlet Witch

Team Iron Man
- Iron Man
- War Machine
- Vision
- Black Panther
- Black Widow
- Spider-man
- General Ross (or someone else like him just to even the numbers for marketing purposes)

Having Scarlet Witch and Vision on opposite teams would go a long way towards balancing things out.

Last edited:
But Kevin Feige has stated that Black Panther is Neutral. I'm going to stick with that over concept art.

I hope Scarlett Witch and Spidey are involved because I gotta say, as things stand... these teams seem kinda underwhelming.
Spiderman would be the weakest on Stark's team ahead of only BW... Or at least while Tony and Rhodes have armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"