First Avenger What do you want to see after the credits Captain America Edition!

Why not just use the cut scene from Incredible Hulk where Banner is in the Artic about to commit suicide. He turns into the Hulk full of rage and destroys some glaciers. Instead of just seeing the shield, this time we actually see Caps' body. Of course it would have been better with Norton.

Yeah, that would be a good way to introduce Ruffalo as Banner.

Re edit the whole scene from 2:25 mins to 45 seconds. Show the shot of Banner getting off the big rig only showing his feet, re edit to make him get up the mountain faster only using the shots of him from far away, then re shoot the last part of the scene with Ruffalo taking out the gun, eyes turning green and hulking out, then reuse the shot where Hulk smashes the glacier.

But I'd argue that the scene no longer works anymore. By the end of TIH Banner seemed to be learning to manage/coexist with the Hulk finally, so why would he now be trying to kill himself? Even if the intent would be for the scene to take place chronologically before the events of TIH, that wouldn't be the least bit clear to the general audience.

I posted my idea for a post-credits sequence in another thread months ago. I think it would work best to show an entire scene from the first act of "Avengers", give the audience a REAL TASTE of it before we'd even get a teaser trailer and leave them all drooling for more. In my mind, it'd go down just like this.....

The final scene in the film would be S.H.I.E.L.D finding the frozen block of ice w/Cap inside, and then, just like an old 40's movie, the words "THE END" appear onscreen. As that fades out, don't even give the unaware general audience time to get out of their seats and leave. Immediately show onscreen..."Captain America will return in THE AVENGERS...". And then, the mother of all bonus scenes as we open on a high-tech medical bay. Fury and Stark watching through some kind of observation area as a team of doctors(maybe even Bruce Banner and Hank Pym) inspect the recently thawed body. Suddenly Cap comes to life, and we have a scene similar to Ultimates Vol. 1, with a confused Cap recovering his shield, kicking the tar out of a dozen or so SHIELD agents and making a daring escape out the window in nothing but a hospital gown.

Here's where I'd switch it up from the scene from Ultimates as Cap lands on the deck of a large ship. He runs towards the edge, ready to dive into the water to escape but comes to a screeching halt as he looks down over the edge to find himself A FEW THOUSAND FEET ABOVE MANHATTAN on the deck of the SHIELD helicarrier. "Captain Rogers...." we hear Fury say as Cap turns to see Fury, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, etc., and dozens of SHIELD agents "...Welcome to the 21st century."
FADE OUT.

Everyone in every theater showing it, whether they were a die-hard fanboy or a general audience member would be DYING to see Avengers from that moment onward. I am a grown man, and I would probably weep tears of joy. And though it'll probably never happen, if ANYONE from Marvel is browsing these boards, ANYONE, by God you do whatever you can to pass this info up the vine to Joe Johnston/Joss Whedon/whomever, because NOTHING LESS will do. I say this with no arrogance whatsoever, after all, only the surprise of looking down from the carrier and the final line are my own idea, the rest is pretty much the scene from Ultimates. So take it, use it, cause as I said ...NOTHING...LESS...WILL...DO.:cwink:

I just think there's gonna be more exposition at the end so Cap the Avengers doesn't have Cap exploring his past as much but rather facing the conflict at hand.

I know for a fact that the ONE THING I'll WANT TO SEE AFTER THE CREDITS... is the movie again!!! ;P

But I'd argue that the scene no longer works anymore. By the end of TIH Banner seemed to be learning to manage/coexist with the Hulk finally, so why would he now be trying to kill himself? Even if the intent would be for the scene to take place chronologically before the events of TIH, that wouldn't be the least bit clear to the general audience.

Coexist? I don't think they could've made it any more clearer,by the musical score in that scene and that devious grin, that it wasn't for the better. The power of the Hulk had overtaken him ....

Coexist? I don't think they could've made it any more clearer,by the musical score in that scene and that devious grin, that it wasn't for the better. The power of the Hulk had overtaken him ....

Well I'm sorry , but you TOTALLY misread that scene. Think about it.....the first act of the movie has Banner learning meditation/self-control techniques, and then later when discussing his transformations w/ Betty she comments that since the Hulk still recognizes her that he(Bruce) is still there deep down when hulked-out, and Bruce responds "I don't want to control it, I want to get rid of it.", with the clear implication being that Betty thinks he may be able to control it. Then later on, in the final act, he convinces Ross to let him stop the Abomination by saying that maybe he can control the Hulk enough to "aim it". And lastly, in that final scene he is ALONE in the cabin, not under any type of anger or stress that would make him unwillingly transform, and he is once again meditating. The "devious" grin wasn't devious at all, it's clearly his satisfaction at being able to now control his transformation at will, at least to some degree.

Well I'm sorry , but you TOTALLY misread that scene. Think about it.....the first act of the movie has Banner learning meditation/self-control techniques, and then later when discussing his transformations w/ Betty she comments that since the Hulk still recognizes her that he(Bruce) is still there deep down when hulked-out, and Bruce responds "I don't want to control it, I want to get rid of it.", with the clear implication being that Betty thinks he may be able to control it. Then later on, in the final act, he convinces Ross to let him stop the Abomination by saying that maybe he can control the Hulk enough to "aim it". And lastly, in that final scene he is ALONE in the cabin, not under any type of anger or stress that would make him unwillingly transform, and he is once again meditating. The "devious" grin wasn't devious at all, it's clearly his satisfaction at being able to now control his transformation at will, at least to some degree.

I think you misunderstood my point. He was not using it for the better is what I meant. He's literally trembling and then that creepy music is playing followed by that devious grin as he's looking up. Prior to that he had also mailed away that locket. He was up to something no good.

I think you misunderstood my point. He was not using it for the better is what I meant. He's literally trembling and then that creepy music is playing followed by that devious grin as he's looking up. Prior to that he had also mailed away that locket. He was up to something no good.

How does mailing away the locket lend to your interpretation? He was going to get that locket back to her no matter what, good or bad, because he didn't want her to have to pawn it in the first place. And why would he learn to control the Hulk(or at the least, his transformation) in order to do no good? This character wasn't shown to be like the weasely Ultimates version of Banner, but more of a cross between 616/Bixby, an altruistic guy trying to do the right thing. I guess I can see how the scene might come across as ambiguous, but I also think the evidence from the rest of the movie would TEND towards this being a "positive" ending. Especially since, by all indications, it seems that "Avengers" will have the team facing Hulk as their first "threat", only to team-up w/him against whoever is the real villain(probably Loki or the Skrulls).

You guys are both right. The original intention of that scene was meant to be ambiguous. Leterrier said it himself.

"That's why I left the door open for whoever's going to direct 'The Avengers' with our last shot. Edward and I, we consciously decided to make the last shot of the movie when he opens his eyes and he smirks at the camera," Leterrier said. "Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That's what's great about Edward. You don't know if he's a good guy or bad guy. He's always on this edge and we've been sort of surfing that edge, that very thin edge during the entire movie."

"So that last shot of the movie, if you decide that he's smiling, in control, then he's a good guy, that's 'The Hulk 2,'" he continued. "If Hulk is a failure, then he looks up and smirks and that's eventually the Hulk of the Avengers -- the uncontrollable beast that they need to team up to stop."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/1...n-the-avengers-you-decide-says-hulk-director/

Though since the Avengers is next it looks like Rock could be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"