Sequels What If Geoff Johns Wrote MOS?

I think that is a huge testament to Donner's film. I always get a little frustrated when people bash Singer with comments like "Singer only knows the Donner universe. Or STM is all the research he did."

STM and what Donner did was another spin on the mythos and clearly made people fans of Superman. As you said hippie, it has made an impact on comic writers as well.

I think that people who complain about Singer using too much of the Donner material better complain about the comics doing the exact same thing Singer is doing.

With the Johns/Busiek/Robinson era of Superman comics, Superman Returns looks exactly like its comic book counterpart with the exception of Jason and Richard White (but hey Batman Begins has Rachel Dawes and has taken some liberties with they mythos as well).

And LOUD_SILENT_MAN's comparison of the Donner movies to the Burton/Schumaker movies has absolutely no basis at all because those movies had absolutely no impact on Batman's overall character and presentation in the long run (and the impact they did have were very minor, BTAS had more of an impact than the movies for crying out loud). Donner's movies on the other hand, well take a look for yourself.

Geoff Johns should've been a screenwriter for the SR sequel. He could have managed to bring the Neo-Silver Age quality/details to the film that would have been appropriate to the continuity.

For Snyder/Nolan's MAN OF STEEL? I'm not so sure. Perhaps he should just be consulted as opposed to be a writer on it. Let this be a new take on the classic character.

I think Mark Waid should be a consultant on Man of Steel, and from what's know of the storyline, it sounds as if Birthright is a big influence on the story.

Just finished rereading Birthright after not reading it since it was first released. A great story that would make an epic and engaging film.

I think he could. He did well with SV

Geoff Johns would write a kickass Superman film in my opinion.

If you've read Johns' Superman work, then you have to infer that a Johns' Superman film would be another love letter to Donner.

Besides, didn't we get Johns' Superman film already in that Secret Origin tripe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"