Transformers What if the movie's not crap?

I_Hate_U_All

Civilian
Reaction score
What'll be the overall atmosphere around here if this movie isn't as it's predicted to be? What if it's awesome and kicks our asses? Will its detractors suck bay's- I mean, will some of you lot admit it? :trans:

If that happens- and I hope that it does- I will admit that the likes of Sam Raimi, Gore Verbinsky, Christopher Nolan (and others) have taught Michael Bay how to make a proper movie. It will be a good day.

If, on the other hand, it's bad and it STILL does well in terms of boxoffice numbers, I will dread the return of the Bay/Emmerich 1990's crapfests (Armageddon, Independence Day, Pearl Harbor, etc).

Its gonna rule. I am not worried in the least.

However,

People are gonna be nitpicky anyway, it is the nature of these boards. Someone will ***** about Bumblees tires being goodyear, I mean Come on, GOODYEAR!

and we will dance these same circles.

I know that this movie is never going to be the best movie ever, but as long as i can come out of the theatre saying that i found it entertaining i'm happy.

It's down to how you look at it. if you go in p*ssed off about how it's so different from the original cartoons (ETC) then i assure you, you'll almost certainly hate it.

I know that this movie is never going to be the best movie ever, but as long as i can come out of the theatre saying that i found it entertaining i'm happy.

It's down to how you look at it. if you go in p*ssed off about how it's so different from the original cartoons (ETC) then i assure you, you'll almost certainly hate it.

300 was different than the graphic novel, but it still rocked, no? Spider-man was different in some ways, but near-universal consensus is that they rocked.

Good filmmaking is good filmmaking.

Transformers won't suck because it didn't stay 100% true. It will suck because the filmmakers have no idea what Transformers was all about.... that and Michael Bay is a crappy, all-bombast-no-substance director.

I don't care if TINO/Bayformers is entertaining or watchable. It's still a half-assed adaptation of Transformers and doesn't deserve the name Transformers.

I'm sure people were entertained by GINO but it doesn't mean the movie was anything but forgettable crap that capitalized on the Godzilla name and exploiting the popularity of character without staying true to what made the original popular in the first place.

The bottom feeders are satisfied with explosions and corny dialogue. Some producer gets to buy another house in Malibu but at the end of the day the lifelong fans are cheated and millions of people will miss out on the true appeal of the original concepts and characters. I wouldn't wish that on any fanbase. Not LOTR fans. Not Harry Potter fans. Not Batman fans. Every huge fanbase deserves to see the characters they made popular done right with a proper adaptation. If they did a Simpsons movie and the characters were revamped and almost unrecognizable what would be the point? Why even call it the Simpsons? Even if the movie is funny with yellow people it shouldn't be called the Simpsons.

If it doesn't suck then it will set the standard for movies like GI Joe and Voltron. If it does suck then those movies probably won't get greenlighted. Whatever happens I hope that a fan (not someone just in it for the money) will make a version of an updated G1 animated movie that the majority of fans can accept. Something along the lines of TMNT would be great.

But blind, I'm not talking about just being entertained. Garfield entertained, but of course it was just a very tame film that played it safe, only notable for Jennifer Love Hewitt's lovely hewitts.

I'm talking about this movie actually giving you a ***** for tranformers again like beast wars did. Let's face it, none of us can get through an episode of the G1 transformers again. It's 80s cheese to the core. Does anyone seriously want bay to re-interpret that? It was good for its time, but truly it does need an upgrade. Anyway, I don't expect genius since that's not what the cartoon was. If you asked me, the most genius 80s cartoon was Thundercats. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

if this movie's not crap, everyone who liked it will be praising it but there will always be complaints. BB was a dream come true for most batfans but up to this day they still ***** about the suit being rubber. no matter how TF turns out there will always be fans who will voice there differing opinions...even if the Bay-haters and TF purists end up geeking out in the theater most of them will never admit it on these boards.

But blind, I'm not talking about just being entertained. Garfield entertained, but of course it was just a very tame film that played it safe, only notable for Jennifer Love Hewitt's lovely hewitts.

I'm talking about this movie actually giving you a ***** for tranformers again like beast wars did. Let's face it, none of us can get through an episode of the G1 transformers again. It's 80s cheese to the core. Does anyone seriously want bay to re-interpret that? It was good for its time, but truly it does need an upgrade.
There are G1 Transformer comic books that aren't cheesy and stay true to the characters. Re-interpretation is not what a Transformers movie needed. All it needed were writers and a director who appreciated the appeal of the original characters and story and brought that to the big screen. If you think think Megatron, smirking and pointing with his arm-canon ordering Devastator to "merge for the kill" is cheesy then maybe you shouldn't be watching a movie called Transformers. Go watch something "deep" like Memiors of a Giesha or Brokeback Mountain instead. If you're the type to enjoy giant robots fighting you probably wouldn't boycott a movie because the characters looked and acted like they did in G1 cartoons and comic books.

Anyway, I don't expect genius since that's not what the cartoon was. If you asked me, the most genius 80s cartoon was Thundercats. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah and if Bay did Thundercats he would change everything that you loved about it while exploiting the popularity of the Thundercats name. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I know its going to be a lot of action. But I have a feeling the storyline is going to be okay.

"We dont need to dream anymore man." -- Stringer Bell

What'll be the overall atmosphere around here if this movie isn't as it's predicted to be? What if it's awesome and kicks our asses? Will its detractors suck bay's- I mean, will some of you lot admit it? :trans:

ALL RIGHT! LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR!!! THIS MOVIE WILL, I REPEAT, WILL, KICK ASS!!!! BIG TIME!!!!!!:cmad::cmad::trans::heart::trans::trans:

if this movie's not crap, everyone who liked it will be praising it but there will always be complaints. BB was a dream come true for most batfans but up to this day they still ***** about the suit being rubber. no matter how TF turns out there will always be fans who will voice there differing opinions...even if the Bay-haters and TF purists end up geeking out in the theater most of them will never admit it on these boards.

Where's my drawing you Spartan lover. :cmad:

Yeah and if Bay did Thundercats he would change everything that you loved about it while exploiting the popularity of the Thundercats name. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Steve Buscemi for Lion-el.

Even if the movie was the greatest incarnation of the Transformers yet...there will be people who will trash it because it doesn't fit in with THEIR vision. :)

If it doesn't suck then it will set the standard for movies like GI Joe and Voltron. If it does suck then those movies probably won't get greenlighted. Whatever happens I hope that a fan (not someone just in it for the money) will make a version of an updated G1 animated movie that the majority of fans can accept. Something along the lines of TMNT would be great.

Yeah, that's a pipedream isn't it. Hollywood's never ever going to make something just for its die hard fanbase, though that'd be nice.

I'd actually prefer something along the lines of some of our greatest space operas. There's typical action films with explosions here and there, and then there are EPIC space operas like tranformers is supposed to be. Hopefully bay understands that, but from what the internet is telling me, he's failed to capture the epic scope of the tranformers story. That's the fascinating thing about tranformers, isn't it. Something made to sell toys spawned a huge mythology of its own that spans across several generations and different planets and warring factions throughout its history. Cool stuff.

That's why I understand it'll get massacred if it's not very well made, because there's a massive transformers history to draw from, much moreso than Godzilla had. The reason anyone likes GINO I think is because they're just not as into the original godzilla as its die hard fans are. so they didn't care if it wasn't a man in a rubber suit. So the same will probably be said of this flick and some who'll enjoy this flick. Will there be a dichotomy between die hards and casual (or new) fans, who don't have huge toy collections and pre-conceptions to cloud their views? I expect it.

The only way I can see this movie not getting completely bashed is if it's a masterpiece. Ha ha ha ha ha... oh I'm sorry. I'm having trouble thinking of the word masterpiece and Michael bay at the same time. It'll be fun though, I'm sure. I'm not too bothered by the changes except "my bad".

Depends on what you consider crap?

If you're into shallow films, Transformers may be your ticket to heaven. Everything we've heard indicates the film will be a uninspired, cliche ridden, shallow summer movie blow-up fest, complete with hip out of place dialogue. Yes, yes, we know there have been changes and revisions to the script. But we all know they aren't doing a complete 180 from the leaked script.

If you wanted Transformers to be....I don't know, something better than what we are getting; closer to G1, T2, SM2, etc. (quality wise) territory, you'll likely consider this film crap.

Personally, I think this film will fall in the same category like all of Bay's other films. Forgettable after one viewing. Something you glance at while channel surfing before you hit the favorites button again.

Stunning some actually consider Bay a great director.

Oh, if by not Crap you mean, make moneyt at the box office, of course it will. But will it really be a great film as many wanted? That is the true question. Sadly, I think many already know the answer. It was known the moment Michael Bay was announced as the director.

I hope its not crap, it looks like a decent action flick yes but a good transformers film? i'm really not sure.

if this movie's not crap, everyone who liked it will be praising it but there will always be complaints. BB was a dream come true for most batfans but up to this day they still ***** about the suit being rubber. no matter how TF turns out there will always be fans who will voice there differing opinions...

But Batman Begins stays true to the characters. TINO is more like Catwoman.

My sister loves Catwoman, but when I say that it doesn't stay true to what made the character popular in the first place she calls me a nitpicker. :o

At the end of the day Transformer fans aren't nitpicking TINO any more than comic book fans were nitpicking CINO. These movies relunctantly resemble the source material and most of the characters and story have been revamped pointlessly.

even if the Bay-haters and TF purists end up geeking out in the theater most of them will never admit it on these boards.
Yeah, I'm sure some Batman fans had geekasms during the Alfred scenes in Batman and Robin but why should they admit that when the rest of the movie mocks the other characters and life-long Batman fans?

There are G1 Transformer comic books that aren't cheesy and stay true to the characters. Re-interpretation is not what a Transformers movie needed. All it needed were writers and a director who appreciated the appeal of the original characters and story and brought that to the big screen. If you think think Megatron, smirking and pointing with his arm-canon ordering Devastator to "merge for the kill" is cheesy then maybe you shouldn't be watching a movie called Transformers. Go watch something "deep" like Memiors of a Giesha or Brokeback Mountain instead. If you're the type to enjoy giant robots fighting you probably wouldn't boycott a movie because the characters looked and acted like they did in G1 cartoons and comic books.

And there are also plenty of Anime tranformers full of garbage interpretations of the G1 tranformers. CRAPPY versions of tranformers is nothing new, blind. So bay's won't be alone if it ends up being crap. Why act as if Bay's will be the first to spit on the tranformers name? come on.

The only thing I can say I loved about thundercats was the general concept. I admit the show is very 80s, full of corny dialogue and shi++y acting, so I'd welcome something hot and fresh for the 21st century.

People complain constantly about the color of Primes paint job...or the fact Bumblebee isn't a VW bug.

Yet, hardly anyone complained when the transformers appearances were completely altered, Prime had lips and Starscream was a freakin GHOST in Beast Wars....

That makes no sense. At all. This will be a great incarnation of the show. I'm sure i'll like it even more than Beast Wars.

But Batman Begins stays true to the characters. TINO is more like Catwoman.

My sister loves Catwoman, but when I say that it doesn't stay true to what made the character popular in the first place she calls me a nitpicker. :o

At the end of the day Transformer fans aren't nitpicking TINO any more than comic book fans were nitpicking CINO. These movies relunctantly resemble the source material and most of the characters and story have been revamped pointlessly.

Yeah, I'm sure some Batman fans had geekasms during the Alfred scenes in Batman and Robin but why should they admit that when the rest of the movie mocks the other characters and life-long Batman fans?

ah ha... are we forgetting Blade? The door swings both ways. Sometimes changes can be for the better. har har :hyper:

The only thing I can say I loved about thundercats was the general concept. I admit the show is very 80s, full of corny dialogue and shi++y acting, so I'd welcome something hot and fresh for the 21st century.

So would I. I agree. I think a lot could be done to really bring the show into the modern era. Something more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"