What If... The Other Half Got Snapped?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
That HAS to be an episode, right?

Spidey, Black Panther, the Guardians (minus Rocket), the Pyms, Doctor Strange, Wanda, Bucky, Falcon and Fury being stuck in the aftermath of Thanos' snap.

That’s an interesting idea. I mean wasp, hank pym and Janet could have worked out the time idea. Maybe even much quicker than in five years. It might have even ended happier haha

This would be a great idea but... Man would it probably be expensive. And long. It would be reworking out one of the biggest and longest CBMs ever. I would love to see it though.

That HAS to be an episode, right?

Spidey, Black Panther, the Guardians (minus Rocket), the Pyms, Doctor Strange, Wanda, Bucky, Falcon and Fury being stuck in the aftermath of Thanos' snap.
That could be a 2 part episode.

Eh, it wouldn't have to be long, necessarily. It doesn't have to be a scene-for-scene reworking, it could instead just be a sort of "highlights montage". It would require an unusually large voice cast, however, so I think its a tad unlikely.

highlights montage.... Well if they are dedicating an episode to Agent Carter taking the serum, I don't see why a What If of the snap would just be a highlights montage and not a full episode.

I'd love to see this, though I suspect if this was the case, Fury would contact Carol and then her, Strange (and the remaining Avengers) would beat Thanos to his farm and stop him before he has time to destroy the stones - assuming he didn't do so when he left Wakanda.

If he did, then the Pym's would work out the time travel business and likely play out a similar role to above; if they can get Carol in on the action earlier, they've a chance at stopping Thanos, though I do wonder who'd have to (potentially) make the sacrifice that Strange saw in his many visions.

The only major obstacle I see is that without Nebula there to go back in time, it's difficult to see how past Thanos would find out about the time heist and then bring himself into the future by getting his version of Nebula to infiltrate the Avengers.

Carol is out of play, she wasn't snapped and blipped back for the final battle in the Prime story.

Stark is gone, but Shuri survives for the nano tech if they stay with Thanos is too strong but slight of hand could steal the stones in any last stand

Great idea! Probably too large scale for a show episode but it would be awesome to see.

That’s an interesting idea. I mean wasp, hank pym and Janet could have worked out the time idea. Maybe even much quicker than in five years.
I believe they would. They would also be granted permission by BP to use the advanced tech in Wakanda.
With Dr Strange still around, he could bring his magic to help with the this

Would be a good idea, but it you'd literally have to make it a feature film because basically the whole of Endgame would need to be redone.

We also already know they would ultimately lose in their attempts to undo, fix or just plain up defeat Thanos.

Would be a good idea, but it you'd literally have to make it a feature film because basically the whole of Endgame would need to be redone.

We also already know they would ultimately lose in their attempts to undo, fix or just plain up defeat Thanos.

Why would they ultimately lose? How do you know it wouldn't be someone else who ends up wearing the infinity gauntlet to snap Thanos out of existence?

Also, who instead of the Hulk would wear it to bring everyone back?

I wouldn't mind a TV show that focuses on people's lives during those 5 years and how everyone coped with the loss. Or even a film. They could potentially have even made a Black Widow sequel set in those 5 years if they wanted, which would be a way for her character to continue. Would the Hawkeye series be set then?

Why would they ultimately lose? How do you know it wouldn't be someone else who ends up wearing the infinity gauntlet to snap Thanos out of existence?

I wouldn't mind a TV show that focuses on people's lives during those 5 years and how everyone coped with the loss. Or even a film. They could potentially have even made a Black Widow sequel set in those 5 years if they wanted, which would be a way for her character to continue. Would the Hawkeye series be set then?

We know they'll lose because when Dr. Strange uses the time stone in Infinity War to view the future he states of all the possible futures he saw, The Avengers only win 1 time out of the 14 million possible futures.

I presume by win, he meant that there was only 1 possible timeline or chain of events that would lead to the snapped being unsnapped & the majority of The Avengers & universe surviving, which is the timeline we saw in Endgame.

We know they'll lose because when Dr. Strange uses the time stone in Infinity War to view the future he states of all the possible futures he saw, The Avengers only win 1 time out of the 14 million possible futures.

I presume by win, he meant that there was only 1 possible timeline or chain of events that would lead to the snapped being unsnapped & the majority of The Avengers & universe surviving, which is the timeline we saw in Endgame.

How do we know that Thanos wouldn't snap this half as well before they can even bring back the other half? Then there would be no possibility of beating him.

How do we know that Thanos wouldn't snap this half as well before they can even bring back the other half? Then there would be no possibility of beating him.

He probably did in some of the 14 million other possible futures Dr. Strange saw, essentially completing his goal & going unpunished completely.

Carol seems like the obvious candidate, or maybe even Wanda? Her energy came from a stone, so maybe she'd be strong enough to use all six of them? Or Quill? He's held one before. What's another five? Maybe they can make a team effort out of it and Shuri could, instead of an infinity gauntlet, create an infinity table where a number of heroes share the load?

yea i was gunna say this too

It would be fun to see, and some interesting relationships could develop, but if Strange was correct, they would inevitably lose

Now, nothing wrong with a story where the good guys lose, so id be down to see it

but how do we know this wasn't the 14th million an 1 possible futures?

Carol seems like the obvious candidate, or maybe even Wanda? Her energy came from a stone, so maybe she'd be strong enough to use all six of them? Or Quill? He's held one before. What's another five? Maybe they can make a team effort out of it and Shuri could, instead of an infinity gauntlet, create an infinity table where a number of heroes share the load?
That was before his god powers were taken from him when Ego died in Vol. 2. Prior to that, Quill might have been able to withstand harnessing the power of the stones since he survived holding the power stone, one of if not the strongest of the stones, but he was a mere mortal after Vol. 2, so he'd end up the same as Tony if he were to perform the snap.

@Drizzle do we actually know he's powerless now though, or is this an assumption based on Ego's death?

Surely something within his DNA resides? He might not have the power of Ego, but completely powerless? I know it's slightly different... okay, vastly different, but people don't suddenly lose half their genetic traits when they lose a parent.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Quill still has something godly in him with Vol 3.

@Drizzle do we actually know he's powerless now though, or is this an assumption based on Ego's death?

Surely something within his DNA resides? He might not have the power of Ego, but completely powerless? I know it's slightly different... okay, vastly different, but people don't suddenly lose half their genetic traits when they lose a parent.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Quill still has something godly in him with Vol 3.
It's possible that Ego could have been bluffing to save himself. We haven't seen Quill do anything particularly superhuman in nature since the end of Vol. 2 so it's hard to tell. But I'm inclined to believe he did lose them due to Ego dying, otherwise he surely would have attempted to use some of that power against Thanos in Infinity War.

main-qimg-85ad8096b29a5d4f3a8953482ac72d26

It's possible that Ego could have been bluffing to save himself. We haven't seen Quill do anything particularly superhuman in nature since the end of Vol. 2 so it's hard to tell. But I'm inclined to believe he did lose them due to Ego dying, otherwise he surely would have attempted to use some of that power against Thanos in Infinity War.
We're assuming Quill is even aware of any potential lingering power. Maybe he needs a trigger or something before it's activated?

We're assuming Quill is even aware of any potential lingering power. Maybe he needs a trigger or something before it's activated?
Well, Thanos killing his girlfriend and then getting kicked in the nuts by a past version of said girlfriend didn't trigger it, but there's still hope. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"